Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Getting rid of Bent would be an atrocious move.

Yes he doesn't look like the player we bought at the end of last season. His movement is poor, his desire to get to the ball first is poor. But who wouldn't be when we've just sold our two most creative players, the ones who he relied upon to get decent service?

We shouldn't be selling him, we should be building a team around him. I know that sounds silly, and that we're not a one-man team, but when he's happy he's clearly a class act. We need to start playing a brand of football that will help him get goals. None of this long ball shit, more passing into the channels, get Bannan regularly playing and further forward. Then we can start getting Bent going and start moving up the table.

We might not need to if Lerner has some money he's willing to dish out. However, i don't think he does, so it's something we could consider. Can't help but think it would be good in the long run, as the cash generated would help add some much need quality to the side. Gabby could move back upfront, he's been on form this year, and he'd score of some goals given the service. Either way, i think we might have someone knocking at our door for him. Ian Wright was on SSN the other day saying Arsenal need another goalscorer, someone for RVP to play off, Bent could be the one.

We might not need to if Lerner has some money he's willing to dish out. However, i don't think he does, so it's something we could consider. Can't help but think it would be good in the long run, as the cash generated would help add some much need quality to the side. Gabby could move back upfront, he's been on form this year, and he'd score of some goals given the service. Either way, i think we might have someone knocking at our door for him. Ian Wright was on SSN the other day saying Arsenal need another goalscorer, someone for RVP to play off, Bent could be the one.
No, it wouldn't be good for us at all. FFS we've been crying out for a striker like Bent for years. :|

No, it wouldn't be good for us at all. FFS we've been crying out for a striker like Bent for years. :|

Agreed.

Bent is the most prolific striker we've had at the club in God knows how long.

His goalscoring record in the Prem speaks for itself.

The suggestion that it might not be such a bad thing to sell him because of McLeish's managerial inability to get the best out of him is ridiculous.

I'd be amazed if bent didn't want out.

I think his england position is under serious threat at the moment and he can't be happy with his current form and how the team play around him.

I wonder what he was told when he signed in terms of young and downing and money we'd spend.

I think his england position is under serious threat at the moment and he can't be happy with his current form and how the team play around him.

I wonder what he was told when he signed in terms of young and downing and money we'd spend.

Exactly Benty is never going to create his own chances to score and relies on others to do so and if they are all back defending then he will not get chances.

I think he is on the plane to the Euro's I am not sure if he si a starter in Rooney's absence yet though?

So he misses shit loads of chances and its our fault?

Heard this a few times, its not just Villa creating less.

The chances created he has not taken, why would anyone want to sign him it would just be on rep not on this seasons performances.

Â