Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I'm suggesting the corralation is between his perceived lack of chances to score, his interest in the team that are producing so few chances and the impact of that on said selection for the aforementioned international tournament. Pretty sure he's being outscored by a few English strikers at the moment.

Well, we knew what we buying. A striker that would score goals providing he was given chances, not top drawer but someone proven at our level and with a record as comparable to anyone playing in the PL at the moment. However, we've been seriously let down by the board who have stripped of us of our assets and left us with nothing. Now we have a striker who is not receiving the right service, is low on confidence and snatching at the crumbs that fall his way. Selling Bent doesn't improve us, it just ends up being another nail in our coffin, as another high-profile player leaves the club confirming what already concerns us, eg. we're sinking without trace.

Hey not saying anywhere that it's a good idea, I just think it will happen.

I think he'll want to go somewhere he can get the chances to nail down his England place and I think the board will jump at the chance to recoup some cash and shave another top earner off the wage bill.

Personally I think it woul represent the beginning of the end for Lerner as many hold onto Bent as the remaining ray of light in what is a very average squad, the sale of which would prove to everybody the new level of ambition shown by the board.

But I do think it's becoming more apparent he's not happy at the club and the non-story of yesterday is yet another piece of evidnce to suggest that.

Darren Bent is class but as with every striker, to be at his best he needs the ball and Bents game in particular relies on supply. Funny thing is we sold our players who were responsible for the majority of assists last season and didnt replace them. Oh and by funny I mean a complete f*$king joke!

Bent was just taking advantage of some rare free time. Some of these footballers have to work up to 12 hours each week for their £70k.

Listen pal, when you're training daily from 10am non stop til noon it's not easy to get down the shops

IMHO the formation is part of the problem, there are huge gaps all over the pitch and nobody is moving or making moves, Collins and Dunne (when not hoofing) are driving forward from the back and playing balls into the feet of the opposition. We have too much space and are far too defensive, meaning we're not getting the balls to Bent quick enough and he is being left isolated as others are too far away.

Out formation seems to end up like this;

formationo.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is incredible that McLeish has turned the most lethal finisher in the league into Jonathan Stead inside 6 months.

Thanks Alex you useless shitbag.

ah in typical villatalk style bent misses glaring chances and its mcleish's fault...

True, I had them a little more forward but am looking at our attacking formation, problem is there is no link from midfield to attack and the wingers are not good enough imho. Defensively push them all back bar Gab and DB as you said. Which is a huge problem when trying to get out of our area.

Defensive unit as a whole is terrible too, but that is for another thread.

It is incredible that McLeish has turned the most lethal finisher in the league into Jonathan Stead inside 6 months.

ah in typical villatalk style bent misses glaring chances and its mcleish's fault...

Do you expect him to score every chance?

can someone tell me all these glaring chances he has missed. i remember 1 against bolton where cahill got the deflection, he had a couple against newcastle iirc. maybe there has been a few others. but the fact we are able to go back to games and remember individual chances for bent are the most damning thing about us under mcleish. no striker will consistently score with so few chances. and if they did they would be at a club much higher than us. i saw RVP miss a great chance for arsenal yesterday, suarez misses alot of chances. but arsenal and liverpool fans arent bothered, because they know their team will create enough other chances that these guys will put at least 1 away.

and its not like bent needs loads of chances, but just a decent amount. hes a proven goal scorer even playing in teams like charlton and sunderland. last season with bent we were not that amazing going forward, we didnt actually create loads, but there was still a concerted effort in the style of play to get bent the ball and create for him, to provide him with through balls and low whipped crosses which he thrives on. we created enough and he got 9 in 16 games.

what have we got this season? as many guys behind the ball as possible and james collins hoofing bent the ball and expecting him to beat 6ft 4 centre halfs. any crosses are high and deep and those are easy for a CB. if you go back over the last 5 games i doubt you would reach double figures for the amount of chances created. the only team we have done anything against is bolton and they are the worst team in the league at the moment

Can't believe there are Villa fans who think it would be better to sell Bent. He is the one man that every club fears. Did us at your home last year, did us when we played Sunderland.

McLeish will just 'reinvest' in some old donkey like Kevin Davies. The rest will be pocketed.

Can't believe there are Villa fans who think it would be better to sell Bent. He is the one man that every club fears. Did us at your home last year, did us when we played Sunderland.

McLeish will just 'reinvest' in some old donkey like Kevin Davies. The rest will be pocketed.

Agree

He has missed 3 or 4 simple chances and i dont blame Eck for that

Bent on future: "I can assure #avfc fans I’m committed to club and love playing for #Villa. All I can do now is say sorry..."

Bent:"People sometimes forget where #avfc were in table when I came here–#safc were 6th. I came here to achieve things, that hasn't changed"

Bent: "medical people advised me2not go game because if I'd been sat there4a long period I could get stiff. They told me to stay away" #avfc

"There are conspiracy theories I’d fallen out with Alex McLeish or we’ve not got on over something, but it’s the complete opposite" #avfc

Â