Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I've ben very disappointed with Bent's attitude and performances so far this season. OK, so he's lost Young and Downing and the team is not playing very well, but he's still got Gabby putting in excellent crosses and he's spurned a lot of chances.

If we could get someone less "iconic" but more consistent, I'd gladly sell him. Not sure Zamora is the guy though.

For what it's worth I think Liverpool is a likely destination if they're prepared to write of Caroll, which would be an expensive mistake. Bent up top with Suarez doing what he does best is a recipe for a shed load of goals, and there's no mistaking that players get more attnetion from international managers at clubs like Liverpool.

I'd also keep an eye on sunderland, although the fans might give him him some stick, they need a striker, MoN will be keen to make a few signings and they have some money knocking around.

I cant see Arsenal being interested in him, whilst he could certainly do a job and play off RVP I think Wenger requires more all round footballing ability from his players.

Bent may well try to engineer a move if his agent can drum up some interest and we'd always be looking to remove one of our higher earners from the wage bill while the income v. expediture equation remains unsustainable.

For what it's worth I think Liverpool is a likely destination if they're prepared to write of Caroll, which would be an expensive mistake.

Unless they find some poor fools stupid enough to fork out on a lumbering target at the top of the pitch as the solution to their hoofing probl... oh. :puke:

It's almost more sad than iti s funny but he'd probably come in and do a fairly decent job for us playing as a lone target man with (hopefully) the likes of N'zog, Gabby and Bannan running off him.

At the moment Bent is getting paid an awful lot to be mostly ineffective due to the way we are playing. I dont want to see him sold but I certainly could see the potential justification for it if it were to happen.

I'm pretty certain that Lerner would happily sell Bent back off again if someone came in with a bid above £15m. He was bought as a cheaper option than getting relegated, if Lerner doesn't think we'll get relegated then he'll happily take him back off the wages.

One more thing; If Bent is sold (which I still dont actually think will happen), then dont expect McLeish to be given all the transfer funds to go out and get a replacement.

Unlike Sunderland fans, I don't think I'll be at all bothered if he decided to move on. I was chuffed when we bought him, absolute top class finisher, something we've been out for for years. But his attitude as of late has been disgraceful, it's like playing for our club is a chore and not a passion.

Dosen't mean much either but when he first joined he used to tweet alot about us, saying how much he looked forward to the next game and what not, but now he just tweets about his promotions and sponsors all the while.

I'd happily take a minimum of £10M for him. Gabby all the way...

Imo I think Benty will be moved on in Jan if not then deffo the summer.

Can't really blame him as he is playing in a team with no creativity that appears to be dropping quicker than a rock in water.

To add that with a manager with no motivation or tactical nouse, no decent players at his disposal and shoe string budgets to work on it is inevitable really.

How long before Gabby has no choice and decides to follow him out too!

Imo I think Benty will be moved on in Jan if not then deffo the summer.

Can't really blame him as he is playing in a team with no creativity that appears to be dropping quicker than a rock in water.

To add that with a manager with no motivation or tactical nouse, no decent players at his disposal and shoe string budgets to work on it is inevitable really.

How long before Gabby has no choice and decides to follow him out too!

As long he's getting picked for England I dont think Gabby will leave, I hope not anyway...hopefully he wont do a Downing n declare his future to us n then **** off but its a bit different when your playing for your home town club (hopefully)

Would much rather see Bent leaving than Gabby.

Bent leaving would be disappointing on the grounds that he is a good striker. Gabby leaving would be a completely different kettle of fish, and would be 'throw-snapped-season-ticket-towards-executive-area-in-disgust' worthy.

That said Gabby apparently was considering his options under Houllier's reign. Home club loyalty counts for a lot but if you're getting dicked around for fun there's only so much a player will take.

Exactly.

2 shit appointments on the bounce have not helped matters.

In fairness, he was only considering his options because he wasnt being played.

He's currently our most important player and well on his way to getting a statue outside the Holte end. Completely different in my opinion.

He's currently our most important player and well on his way to getting a statue outside the Holte end. Completely different in my opinion.

Dont forget the re-naming of the "Trinity Road Stand" to...

"The Gabriel Imuetinyan Agbonlahor Stand"

Shilzz,

Completely agree the 2 instances are different but was pointing out thsat despite being a Villa boy through and through he was still thinking about leaving.

We cannot simply assume he'll stick around regardless of what happens at the club, and that's the same for all of our players, especially those like Bent that have an eye on a national team place for the Euros. Whther we wantt o see him or not I'd be very surprised if he hasn't had alittle word with his agent to see if there's any interest out the for him.

If we could get someone less "iconic" but more consistent, I'd gladly sell him. Not sure Zamora is the guy though.
Except we won't be able to. There is no one out that is a more consistent goal-scorer over the course of a season who we could get/afford.

Someone needs to go but it's not Bent. It's McLeish. Get a half decent manager in who recognises the strengths of our team and we'll soon have Bent firing on all cylinders again.

Mantis,

I agree, although I feel it's just as difficult to find a better manager that we could get/afford.

Currently Bent is pretty much a waste of £60k a week, so it'll come down to which is easier for the club replace Bent (or just sell him and push Gabby back up top) or find a better manager prepared to come in given the past 18 months at the club.

Dont forget the re-naming of the "Trinity Road Stand" to...

"The Gabriel Imuetinyan Agbonlahor Stand"

There's no way Lerner will fork out for that many letters!

Â