Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

other football Darren Bent

My comments 3rd down on Darren

Some people on this forum do make me laugh, not long again a LOT of this forum was putting our new Holte End hero down, and a few was sticking up for him

I bet people putting Darren Bent down now can eat humble pie, Myself, Sir Gary Cahill and a few others mentioned they could see him scoring a shed load for us, to which majority of people on here said "he's rubbish", "Gabbys better (As IF :lol::lol: ) we don't need Bent" etc etc.

I was saying to go and get Darren Bent when he was leaving Spurs as even at Spurs he had 1 in 3, and scored over 20 at Charlton and 17 the next season, and just knew he would do business at Sunderland, and when we signed him i was over the moon. Lot of people disagreed with myself and others saying "Stop going on about us getting Darren Bent" but it was obvious he would score loads at Villa

Will the people who made that mistake now admit to it on this topic, and eat humble pie 8)

Much better than I expected so saying 'he ain't that great' in terms of believing he's not good enough for a big club - WRONG, however I do think he has improved, he wasn't being picked that often and since he's moved to Villa, many have said his game has come on a lot.

saying 'he ain't that great' in terms of thinking he's better than Rooney - right, I think Rooney is one of the best footballers in England and also last year showed levels of being one of the best in the world.

Is Bent a better striker than Rooney? No....

Arguing about what club is bigger than other clubs is a bag of [unfunny word filter interjection excised], but I thought Sunderland fans were a bit too quick to class Villa as a step down just because we were having a shit season; it's not like they've finished above us recently, and the way things were in January it's a pretty big achievement that they're still not guaranteed to finish above us now. All hail Steve Bruce I guess

A lot of people did it.

I have a liverpool supporting mate who couldn't believe Bent had taken such a step down to come to us.

It genuinely shocked me.

I convinced him he was wrong, but it's amazing how many people base it purely on league position.

Only the other day I had a mate tell me Mark Hughes wouldn't come to Villa because it is a sideways move from Fulham.

I am still of the view that no Villa fan should buy his rag until he is no longer employed.

I am still of the view that no reasonable rational human should buy that shitting newspaper.

**** me, the Mirror is so bad they wrote an article about Arsenal scouts watching Jones playing for Blackburn last weekend. Jones was injured and never even made the bench.

What was it, once in 34 years or something Sunderland have finished above us... so they get a couple thousand extra a game, Aston Villa are a far more successful club than Sunderland, pretty much always has been, and it doesn't (other than a half a season blip) look like changing any time soon.

Rubbish journalists and broadcasters always have to get a reaction by saying something ridiculous, rather than being clever and ingenious, that what people like Holt wants. Its pretty much best to ignore the shite paper he works for anyway, because it makes poor toilet paper at best.

other football Darren Bent

My comments 3rd down on Darren

Some people on this forum do make me laugh, not long again a LOT of this forum was putting our new Holte End hero down, and a few was sticking up for him

I bet people putting Darren Bent down now can eat humble pie, Myself, Sir Gary Cahill and a few others mentioned they could see him scoring a shed load for us, to which majority of people on here said "he's rubbish", "Gabbys better (As IF :lol::lol: ) we don't need Bent" etc etc.

I was saying to go and get Darren Bent when he was leaving Spurs as even at Spurs he had 1 in 3, and scored over 20 at Charlton and 17 the next season, and just knew he would do business at Sunderland, and when we signed him i was over the moon. Lot of people disagreed with myself and others saying "Stop going on about us getting Darren Bent" but it was obvious he would score loads at Villa

Will the people who made that mistake now admit to it on this topic, and eat humble pie 8)

Haha, funny reading some of those comments. :lol:

looking back at that db thread, i said he is a better goalscorer than rooney, rooney has 11 league goals according to wiki, bent has 17 league goals this season. I said he is a better goalscorer not player, i also said that bent would score goals for england if given an opportunity, guess what, he's done that too

What was it, once in 34 years or something Sunderland have finished above us... so they get a couple thousand extra a game, Aston Villa are a far more successful club than Sunderland, pretty much always has been, and it doesn't (other than a half a season blip) look like changing any time soon.

Rubbish journalists and broadcasters always have to get a reaction by saying something ridiculous, rather than being clever and ingenious, that what people like Holt wants. Its pretty much best to ignore the shite paper he works for anyway, because it makes poor toilet paper at best.

Erm Oaks, what's going on with your avvy? How long have you been "out"?

Isn't Bent the highest scoring striker of the last 5 years in the PL?

i think so yes

Rooney has 3 more goals in 14 less games in last 5 years to be exact....

where you got that from? a few games ago, bent was on 83 premier league goals over the past 4 years or so and i think rooney was on 84 along with drogba. Since then, bent has scored 2 against arsenal and 1 against stoke but rooney has scored only scored a pen against blackburn since then

Â