Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He managed 18 goals in 38 league games for us before Lambert turned up.

Lambert is the problem - not Bent.

Partly but the main problem with Bent was a) not signing him during MON's time when the style of player suited him and B) seeing Young and Downing leave within 6 months of him joining, proven premier league creativity right there.

Now we can't give him away which gives you an indication of how other teams view him.

When he leaves on a free in the summer I'd be amazed if another prem club signed him.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe more people are screaming for Bent to start. Granted, he has been off form for 2 years now and was poor at fulham too, but we pass the ball more this year than the last couple of years, so he will get more chances as he makes proper strikers runs.

Like him or not, he was a consistent scorer in the prem up to 2-3 years ago and I just don't understand why he isn't getting more game time, bearing in mind we have only scored 5 goals this season!!

Gabby is great, but not good enough off the ball. He or Weimann will never be prolific goal scoters.

Start Bent against Southampton and Burnley please!!! Give him a run!

• Like 1

He managed 18 goals in 38 league games for us before Lambert turned up.

Lambert is the problem - not Bent.

Partly but the main problem with Bent was a) not signing him during MON's time when the style of player suited him and B) seeing Young and Downing leave within 6 months of him joining, proven premier league creativity right there.

Now we can't give him away which gives you an indication of how other teams view him.

When he leaves on a free in the summer I'd be amazed if another prem club signed him.

Can you imagine how quickly Bent would bite your hand off if you offered him the chance to avoid joining Aston Villa in 2011? He was just coming into his prime and looking like one of the better strikers in England. He's been absolutely ruined by Aston Villa.

Bent can only blame Bent, he didnt look too great under McLeish either and got a few penalties which altered his stats. he couldnt get a game at Fulham behind 2 kids at end of last season who looked a lot more impressive than Bent. 

Villa has lot of problems but Darren Bent is far from teh solution which is a pity

Probably someone that's been given playing time?

Doesn't seem to be working with the others, like the body builder you mentioned. :)

My only issue with your post was that you used Andi as a top negative example, when he has been decent, at least if measured in goals scored alone.

His goals kept us in the league a few seasons ago and for that I'm grateful. 

We would probably still be struggling in the second tier if it wasn't for this guy, Its not his fault we offered to pay him the weekly big bucks and then got bombed out.

Yes he had a chance last season to prove he could still score goals at Fulham and failed. Not sure what he offers now!  I don't rate Gabby too highly but I'd pick him evertime over Bent, same with Weimann.

To be fair he only stared 11 games at Fulham so was not as if he played all season there.

We struggle to score goals and we have a guy who in one premier league season before scored 24 goals! It is crazy that he hasn't had more playing time.

I blame Lambert for not getting the best out of Bent.

• Like 1

Bent scored every 400 mins in the league last season. Weimann 500 mins and Gabby 600 mins. So the idea that he failed (in a worse team,no less) and that vindicates Weimann/Gabby being picked ahead of him because of his Fulham form doesn't really make much sense.

Â