Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Crystal Palace join race to sign Bent

They've been joining the race for two weeks! Just bloody sign him.

Join the race? What bloody well race is that then?

A snail would be nailed on to beat Newcastle, Palace & Fulham hands down to Darren Bent's signature in this frustrating saga.

It's almost like driving past Tironi's every week & they somehow have a bargain souped up Roller on display in the breakers yard & for some unknown reason nobody will touch it with a barge pole. Wtf is going on?

I'm totally baffled by the whole affair now & just want it to end as I find it so completely damned frustrating! :bang: 

Think you've made this point many times now. IMO even if Bent is not sold he will not be incorporated back into the First Team set up, he will rot with the likes of Ireland, Bannan etc. Then potentially go on loan to a Championship club or move in Jan. But I think you might aswell forget thought of seeing Darren Bent in a Villa shirt again.

Imagine he's not sold before the end of the window and no championship clubs come in for him on loan either. Do you still think Lambert would completely freeze him out ?

Bent could still be useful to us in case of injuries and I'd hope that Lambert wouldn't be too stubborn to consider him if he knuckled down and trained hard. He could still has something to offer us.

He's already frozen him out hasn't he??

There's no coming back from that, none of this "he's a professional" blah blah "paid to do a job" nonsense

He's been treated poorly and what little interest he had last season I would assume to be gone!  Just hope we find a buyer and we can all move on.  I actually feel sorry for him.

Think you've made this point many times now. IMO even if Bent is not sold he will not be incorporated back into the First Team set up, he will rot with the likes of Ireland, Bannan etc. Then potentially go on loan to a Championship club or move in Jan. But I think you might aswell forget thought of seeing Darren Bent in a Villa shirt again.

Imagine he's not sold before the end of the window and no championship clubs come in for him on loan either. Do you still think Lambert would completely freeze him out ?

Bent could still be useful to us in case of injuries and I'd hope that Lambert wouldn't be too stubborn to consider him if he knuckled down and trained hard. He could still has something to offer us.

He's already frozen him out hasn't he??

There's no coming back from that, none of this "he's a professional" blah blah "paid to do a job" nonsense

He's been treated poorly and what little interest he had last season I would assume to be gone!  Just hope we find a buyer and we can all move on.  I actually feel sorry for him.

It's gone beyond "would Lambert have him back involved" and now gotten to "would Bent actually want to be back involved, and could you blame him if he didn't?"

The handling of the bomb squad has not been good. Why would anyone pay reasonable money for a player they KNOW we'll probably let them have for little or nothing on deadline day

• Like 1

As I said in the transfer thread, it's no wonder teams are offering peanuts for him, tey know how desperate we are to get rid. If they are going to pay his wages they don't want a high fee..

Haven't palace signed just signed chamakh? They may not be in the running

Maybe clubs just don't want him

It's not that surprising

? This guy's goals kept us up, without him we were gone!

He scores goals and the surprising thing to us (well most of us) is that a player who will get 15+ goals a season even for a lower PL team has had no takers.

The negatives for buying clubs are that there isn't going to be much of a sell on fee in a couple of years, however 6m is nothing compared to the money clubs make just for staying up and a fit DB scores goals so I to struggle to understand why he hasn't found a new club.

Unless of course there could be something about him that we don't know which is putting clubs off buying him.

4 years ago when he scored 25 goals you might've convinced me.

But people keep banging on like he's some elite player. He's not.

His best is behind him and since he's a player that refuses to adapt to any situation that doesn't involve wingers feeding him the ball and him not contributing anything else, he's an awfully expensive decoration piece

• Like 4

I disagree, I think he is an absolutely lethal finisher and one of the best out and out poachers in the league. This is a guy who after months of no football scores within his first 5 minutes in a premier league game.

He is a one dimensional player, but when that dimension is goals that is not so bad.

I would be happy if we did not sell him and he was available again for the team.

He will go.

Look at the transfer window to date.  There haven't been that many moves and quite often the business is done last minute.  Clubs try to get the price down by waiting but frankly i wonder whether that works.  Late panic buys bring those prices back up.

I hope the club does the right thing and sticks to its guns over the fee and who knows,  After a few games in when some teams realise they have no goal scoring options!!

As for Fulham and Chamakh, I think they've bought a turkey there!  Hasn't done much to date nor has he looked like he'll do much in this league.

I'm more concerned about the propsects of getting rid of Ireland tbh.  Bent will always be on peoples radar.

Edited by CannockVillan

Players used to take a wage cut to get a move to be able to play football again and restore their credibility, it seems none of our lot will do that not even sodding Bannan!

If we don't get rid of these players then we may aswell use them, all publically bombing them out does is ensure their dwindling value drops even further.

Players used to take a wage cut to get a move to be able to play football again and restore their credibility, it seems none of our lot will do that not even sodding Bannan!

If we don't get rid of these players then we may aswell use them, all publically bombing them out does is ensure their dwindling value drops even further.

All the bomb squad are holding out for the same wage or will sit and wait for various reasons. Age, mentality, lack of ability. That's why it's important as a club to do your buying wisely, or at least reducing your risk.

The manager has decided that bombing the players might bring about a sale quicker. Even if f they was in the squad they would bring nothing to the table and might even take away from the table and team by destabilizing the squad. 

Ah yes, and the previous 37 games were so much better?

Ok smiler, thanks for your learned opinion.
The previous 37 we looked fairly good up front, at Wigan it was all over the place.

37 games we looked good up front? Up until January we were toothless upfront in a lot of games.. When we were conceding, what was it 15 in 3, we barely registered a shot on target, I would hardly call that looking good up front.

he has 12 goals in 2 seasons maybe thats what people off. yes I know we had McLeish and he was a sub last season but clubs from outside dont realise these things

Yes thats right, before deciding to spend millions of pounds on a player they dont see if they were a sub or do any research whats so ever

Makes complete sense.

• Like 1

he has 12 goals in 2 seasons maybe thats what people off. yes I know we had McLeish and he was a sub last season but clubs from outside dont realise these things

Yes thats right, before deciding to spend millions of pounds on a player they dont see if they were a sub or do any research whats so ever

Makes complete sense.

have you seen some of the crap that was at Villa Park in last few seasons ;)

Â