Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

So if we sell him we'd be saving over £7m on wages plus getting £6-8m transfer fee.  This one is going to run until late August as clubs sense we're pretty desperate to sell and we'll eventually knock a million or two off.  I wonder whether it would be worth offering him to Southampton for £6m now, I doubt they're really going to get Leandro and they seem to have some cash ready to spend straight away.

I say before tax because he's the one that pays the tax, not us.

If we pay him £70k a week then he's 'on' about £40k or so after he pays his taxes. That's irrelevant to the amount we have to fork out though of course.

I thought you might be interested in this, as it was posted on a Spurs forum by one of our ITK's called Hoofharted. This is rock solid information and fare more reliable than the usual ITK stuff posted on our forums. It's well known that Hoofharted definitely is good friends with DB's family. When he was first being linked with us Hoofharted proved beyond doubt that he knows the Bent family very well and everything he said proved to be true and the same can be said of when he left for Sunderland. 

"Re Villa; At the start of last season Lambert made him Team Captain, then didn't start him, was told he would play a rotation system and would not play every game, he was okay with that. There was no fallout with Lambert, training as normal, then Lambert took captaincy away, no reason given then he didn't figure as a starter, again no reason given. Got injured in training and that was basically it.

Nothing from the Lambert or the club, then near the end of the season Darren, Dunne, Hutton and Ireland were told they no longer had a future at the club. There have been bids from Newcash he doesn't want to go there out of respect for the Sunderland fans and Fulham.

He is annoyed with what has transpired, he feels totally let down after all the promises made by the club and Villa and it has affected his England chances which pi55es him off most of all.

Whatever you think of him he has never been a trouble maker at any club, and where might we have been without his 19 goals (including the Sandra header) in his last season.

My money is on a move to Fulham"

It's not exactly ground breaking information, but hopefully it clears some stuff up for you. Also if HH says his money is on a move to Fulham, then it basically means Bent wants to go to Fulham and Bent seems to always get his way when moving clubs.

• Like 2

db9 has been treated badly, that is clear, purely to be isolated to favour benteke

bent could of and should of had more match time this season, even if as an impact sub, that would of raised/kept his value better

benteke has played too much this season considering his age and league inexperience, its sheer luck the gamble paid off

Edited by AndyBM

On a negative note, if we end up selling Benteke then it would have been nice to have Bent as our fall back option.

Now it looks like we could lose them both, yes we would have money to spend but could Lambert pull the same rabbit out of the hat like he did with Tekkers or would we end up going backwards?

There is so much hate on these boards for Bent and I don't think it is deserved at all. I want Bowery to do well but the guy needs to be loaned to the championship to get experience not given preference over Bent.

Lambert has knocked about 5 mil or more in value off Bent.

On a negative note, if we end up selling Benteke then it would have been nice to have Bent as our fall back option.

Now it looks like we could lose them both, yes we would have money to spend but could Lambert pull the same rabbit out of the hat like he did with Tekkers or would we end up going backwards?

There is so much hate on these boards for Bent and I don't think it is deserved at all. I want Bowery to do well but the guy needs to be loaned to the championship to get experience not given preference over Bent.

Lambert has knocked about 5 mil or more in value off Bent.

I certainly wouldn't sell Bent before we know what's going on with Benteke - at the end of the day he's a goalscorer and you don't know what you've lost until it's gone. The amount of times these boards cried out for a goalscorer and we actually signed one, not every day does a club in a run such as ourselves have the luxury of a player like Benteke who when on his game can do it all.

db9 has been treated badly, that is clear, purely to be isolated to favour benteke

bent could of and should of had more match time this season, even if as an impact sub, that would of raised/kept his value better

benteke has played too much this season considering his age and league inexperience, its sheer luck the gamble paid off

I'm not sure he has been treated badly.  Treated badly would mean being frozen out for non-footballing reasons, which there seems to be little evidence of.  Lambert didn't have the wingers to make Bent as useful as Benteke was last season, and the longer the season went on the better Lambert's decision has looked.  He might have taken a few million off Bent's value but he's probably added £20m to Benteke's.  

Out of respect to Sunderland my hoop. Didnt show them much respect when he jumped ship. If he was that interested in leaving he would jump at the only offer on the table at present. Its all money to him.

Â