James Collins

AngelGabriel

Come on James.. You know you want to...

3 hours from Birmingham New Street to Newcastle Central on Cross Country trains. I'll meet you at Newcastle central and buy your metro ticket to Stadium of Light. In fact, get off at St Peters cos it's a shorter walk from there to SoL. Bring your missus too, she'll LOVE it up here.

the sun reporting he may be a target for west ham... No quotes or anything but still nice to see a bit of speculation linking more than one club now.

WEST HAM want James Collins back

Sunderland or West Ham, don't care, please someone just buy him.

If even only a slight possibility then this can only be good news as it will either start a bidding war, not that we'd expect significant sums for Collins, or it might atelast make either the Spammers or Mackems do something sooner rather than later if they fear the other is in the box seat. We can then concentrate on other reinforcements.

Double deal for MON with Warnock and Collins for £4m would be great.

You're hardly doing a good selling job for potential suitors!

Good point.

I just hope whoever we do sell to, we get them to pay cash instead of cheque.

Any cheque with "James Collins" written on the stub is likely to bounce first before a desperate last ditch attempt to clear.

See what I did there? :)

Any transfer of Collins, or Warnock for that mater is going to take a while, as they are on high wages here, and it is extremely unlikely that anyone will want pay them the same, plus with the last year of their deals coming up they will be after the loyalty bonus that is no doubt in their contracts.

I don't think we will get rid of them that easily, not even to MON.

One cannot doubt Collins and his desire to block shots and make last ditch tackles however some ex-player noted that this usually meant a player was off the pace or slow considering a huge part of their game was reliant on last-gasp swashbuckling dives at the ball.

I would also prefer to keep Dunne than Collins and the latter is a huge part of our defensive weakness. Saying that I'm sure he'll score against us if he does leave :shock:

Would I be right in saying this, current defenders in the SAFC squad are.

Phil Bardsley - Right Back (O'Neill has being playing him as a left back)

Michael Turner - Centre Back (appears to be off to Norwich)

Wes Brown - Centre Back (Can play right back as well, very injury prone)

John O'Shea - Play along the back four but mainly at right back.

Matthew Kilgallon - Centre back. (only played 7 games in the league last year)

Titus Bramble - Centre back.

Carlos Cuellar - Centre back. (Could be seen as a right back by MON)

Having had a look at that I would say that SAFC are more in need of a left back than a centre back.

Would I be right in saying this, current defenders in the SAFC squad are.

Phil Bardsley - Right Back (O'Neill has being playing him as a left back)

Michael Turner - Centre Back (appears to be off to Norwich)

Wes Brown - Centre Back (Can play right back as well, very injury prone)

John O'Shea - Play along the back four but mainly at right back.

Matthew Kilgallon - Centre back. (only played 7 games in the league last year)

Titus Bramble - Centre back.

Carlos Cuellar - Centre back. (Could be seen as a right back by MON)

Having had a look at that I would say that SAFC are more in need of a left back than a centre back.

With Brown out for a while with ligament damage, Turner gone. That leaves them weak at CB as Bramble & Kilgallon are just not good enough. Richardson place LB for them doesn't he?

But hey double delight if they want Warnock and Collins!

O'Shea and Brown are very injury prone, Turner is off, Kilgallon doesnt seem trusted by MON and i think Bramble has a court case or a sentencing coming up.

dont try playdown chance of this transfer :P

One cannot doubt Collins and his desire to block shots and make last ditch tackles however some ex-player noted that this usually meant a player was off the pace or slow considering a huge part of their game was reliant on last-gasp swashbuckling dives at the ball.

usually last gasp tackles are due to poor positioning. Carragher survived on this for years

Â