Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jol stated Villa had contact with him in the summer I'm sure, so given he's out of a job and we stay in the Premiership, I think he'd be a big favourite.

"I want to play in the Champions League with Ajax and become champions of the Netherlands. So Villa have to wait therefore," he said.

He is out of a job now.. like you said will be a big favourite.

Would jol want a firefighting job though to just come in and fan the flames is he that kind of manager not so sure when things got tough for him at spurs and the pressure was on they were poor no doubting he is a good manager but the predicament were in would he suit.

Would job want a firefighting job though to just come in and fan the flames is he that kind of manager not so sure when things got tough for him at spurs and the pressure was on they were poor no doubting he is a good manager but the predicament were in would he suit.

Job could not handle the pressure. Sure look at the state of him on live TV:

_41110670_job203gi.jpg

Would job want a firefighting job though to just come in and fan the flames is he that kind of manager not so sure when things got tough for him at spurs and the pressure was on they were poor no doubting he is a good manager but the predicament were in would he suit.

Job could not handle the pressure. Sure look at the state of him on live TV:

_41110670_job203gi.jpg

Dammit

tbf, some people wanted him to have the Jan transfer window, for me its been a no no from day one. some people thought that it would come good with a few signings and thats fair enough. at this stage though i think most people deep down feel that its just become a joke.

Is it possible part of the problem is that some people were never prepared to give the manager a chance ? When a player pulls on the Villa shirt he has my full support (even Oyvind Leonhardsen), and it's the same when a manager is appointed.

When fans don't get behind a manger on his appointment, perhaps it makes players like Dunne, Warnock etc feel justified when they too don't give him a chance.

tbf, some people wanted him to have the Jan transfer window, for me its been a no no from day one. some people thought that it would come good with a few signings and thats fair enough. at this stage though i think most people deep down feel that its just become a joke.

Is it possible part of the problem is that some people were never prepared to give the manager a chance ? When a player pulls on the Villa shirt he has my full support (even Oyvind Leonhardsen), and it's the same when a manager is appointed.

When fans don't get behind a manger on his appointment, perhaps it makes players like Dunne, Warnock etc feel justified when they too don't give him a chance.

It's possible but for me it's the very opposite. I was one of GH's most vocal cheerleaders on here when he was appointed. Now I believe he is a cancer and needs to be operated on.

It's possible but for me it's the very opposite. I was one of GH's most vocal cheerleaders on here when he was appointed. Now I believe he is a cancer and needs to be operated on.

Me too. I thought he was a good appointment at first. Had no problems with him at all until things started going downhill.

I was one of GH's most vocal cheerleaders on here when he was appointed. Now I believe he is a cancer and needs to be operated on.

I've swung all over the place with him. I don't know weather I'm coming or going that's how much he's screwed my head this year. At first I was pleased then after the plop game wanted him gone. Then when he signed Bent etc I was happy to give him another go. Then there was the Citeh fiasco I wanted out again and now after the last couple of weeks and Wolves I want him shot !!

now after the last couple of weeks and Wolves I want him shot !!

If you can lay your hands on a rifle I'm sure Fran will do the rest!

I'm sure Fran wouldn't before those on their periods get on their high horses.

now after the last couple of weeks and Wolves I want him shot !!

If you can lay your hands on a rifle I'm sure Fran will do the rest!

I'm sure Fran wouldn't before those on their periods get on their high horses.

Fran will have to wait in line.. I'm sure there at least 15000 Holtenders up first.. :twisted:

I've long wondered how bad things would have to get before Houlliers most ardent supporters would want him out and now it appears that for one at least finishing 17th may not even be bad enough. Interesting.

I think the reason for that, mark, is that they believe that with a full pre-season and a few more transfers, he could do a much, MUCH better job.

I personally would like us to give him a bit of time IF he keeps us up.

The reasons/ excuses/ factors have been reiterated time and time again, but I'll say them again to enhance my point (if I can or they do):

- We've had 3 managers this season (even if one was just the reserves coach bumped up to first team duties)

- We've had a lot of injury problems (yes, most of them down to GH's training - but that's because he saw how unfit the players were)

- We lost our most influential player from last season, without a proper replacement

- We've had quite a few players not playing to the required standard, even before GH came (Warnock/ Ash/ Beye/ Collins/ Dunne/ Petrov - have all looked sloppy, some due to fitness, others just because they've appeared to lose form in the last 18 months)

- We've had players revolt or fall out with GH (whether that's his fault or their lack of respect for the club/ disliking of GH's training methods.. we don't know).

- The league is different to any other in recent years because so many teams are losing games unexpectedly (big and small teams) and therefore we are probably in more of a relegation battle than we would have been this time last year. Also teams like Blackpool and Newcastle have come up and shot up the league.

- GH came to a club with a huge wage bill which needed fixing.

- A lot of the players at the club are technically gifted, but there are also quite a few who aren't great with the ball at their feet - NRC, Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Petrov (passing-wise). This has effected the team because GH wants to have a team of players who are comfortable with the ball and a defence that can bring it forward.

This is all 'imo', of course.

But I believe all of this has contributed to how poorly we have done this season. GH isn't blameless. He's made some tactical errors, some PR blunders and has failed to impress the fans on many occasions. But I believe that the current situation has been a result of a lot of things, not just the fact that we employed Houllier.

I, personally, would like to see him given a pre-season and a transfer window to give him one last crack at showing us how he wants us to play, and whether he can do it effectively. But if he's sacked, I won't be upset.

Are you saying there it is the fans fault for the players not being motivated now?

I'm saying that the least Gh deserved was a chance, and that from his comments MarkAVFC didn't ever give him that. Sometimes you reap what you sew.

Interesting phrase you have used there, are you saying the players don't have any responsibility to motivate themselves ?

3 Managers ? - I only count 2 - Kmac - and Foulier

rs

The wage bills is still an issue - and Bent is probably on more than any player last season.

GH is divorced from the first team squad, the fans, and although they won't admitt it - I can't see the directors being impressed.

He has taken a top six team - added £30m of his his own players - yet has won just 6 out of 26 matches

Such a decline is unprecedented in premier league history - I am not being unreasonable when I say his performance in terms of where we were - and where we are now - is on the worst managerial records - not just at villa - but of any manager.

There is nothing to suggest an upturn is imminent - I can't beleive that a manager who has not only failed - but been a disaster in every measurement - and anythinh he attempts, can possibly be given more time.

It is my beleif - that results will not upturn - and GH will not be allowed to take charge for the final home game against liverpool - even if he has not been sacked - I think he will be advised to stay away for his own safety. Leading out a relegated villa - against his much loved liverpool - well I don't think even GH is that stupid