Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is any consolation to anyone I had a brief dream about the managerial situation.

It involved me walking along the back of some stadium, wasn't Villa Park past some man selling a tickets (place was empty). Anyway, Paul Lambert suddenly started walking up and down and I began singing "Save the Villa" over and over. He was walking back and forth, pondering it.

For a second I thought "Save the Villa" was an actual real song. It was that damn good. Or at least so I think.

:lol: :lol:

If it is any consolation to anyone I had a brief dream about the managerial situation.

It involved me walking along the back of some stadium, wasn't Villa Park past some man selling a tickets (place was empty). Anyway, Paul Lambert suddenly started walking up and down and I began singing "Save the Villa" over and over. He was walking back and forth, pondering it.

For a second I thought "Save the Villa" was an actual real song. It was that damn good. Or at least so I think.

Christ mate, i dreamt about two lesbians and a vodka bottle.

Christ mate, i dreamt about two lesbians and a vodka bottle.

But if Paul Lambert had been watching the two lesbians ...... what a dream. :winkold:

What have people said that is ridiculous? He was fantastic with Colchester and has taken Norwich to probably two straight promotions. He is an upcoming manager who deserves a chance. Nobody is expecting him to get into the top 4 next year. It is about stabilising the club and moving us forward, along with Lerner, similar to what Moyes did with Everton, albeit without the Lerner figure.

Sam Allardyce will not come in for 8 games, save us and then head out the door as the fans want someone else.

When will people realise that?

Would you go in - do a job - save a company knowing they wanted you out for someone better at the end?

Give the man some credit for crying out loud.

Sam Allardyce until the end of the season and review after that.
Not the worst idea in the world. He would make us immediately more difficult to beat. I do think dbs is right though. Sam probably thinks more of himself than a short term fire-fighter. He's been shafted by 2 teams in the recent past and probably feels like a dogs body as it is. So it's probably not a runner.

Sam Allardyce until the end of the season and review after that.
Not the worst idea in the world. He would make us immediately more difficult to beat. I do think dbs is right though. Sam probably thinks more of himself than a short term fire-fighter. He's been shafted by 2 teams in the recent past and probably feels like a dogs body as it is. So it's probably not a runner.

Although he is not going to find another role before the end of the season so he has nothing to lose and everything possibly to gain, especially if he is on a save us and we'll pay you £1 million arrangement??

Mourinho has said he wants to come back to the Premier League.:winkold:

Now I'm not in anyway saying we have a cat in hells chance of getting him but would you want him or would you fear he would be off to quick at the first sign of a bigger opportunity? What do you think he would be able to achieve as a Villa manager with the current financial positions of ourselves and others?

Just a bit of fun/out of interest.

mourinho knows exactly what he's doing, he'll say any club that wants him, any challenge and all that bollocks but IMO there isnt a chance that it wont be utd

you have to think in theory spurs (arry to england) chelsea (carlo going) city (mancini wont get another full season IMO) and possibly utd when fergie goes will all replace their manager between now and the end of 2012/13 maybe even arsenal, he's not coming to the likes of us is he

Sam Allardyce will not come in for 8 games, save us and then head out the door as the fans want someone else.

When will people realise that?

Would you go in - do a job - save a company knowing they wanted you out for someone better at the end?

Give the man some credit for crying out loud.

Too right. Absolutely ridiculous to even think about treating somebody in that manner. IF we bought in Allardyce and IF he kept us up, I for one would certainly want him to stay next season. Just shows the attitude some people have with regards to hiring/firing managers willynilly

Not that i want Allardyce as manager of course, but there you go