Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

he's a scumbag.

Jesus christ, he's only doing a very bad job, he hasn't killed anyone.

I'm sure hes been called worse. Its hardly the worst you can call someone is it.

Fran like a lot of supporters is passionate about this great club and people are understandably worked up. They see this pratt doing his job poorly and **** up something they love deeply. Unfortunately words like scumbag, pratt and perhaps worse are going to be used and the use of such words in all fairness is the least of our worries.

You know what I bet even gutless Gerard as used the odd derogatory word to describe someone who is **** up.

Hardly the worse, calling someone a scumbag, basically scum ...is on the same level as the sort of people who are in prison for good reason. Heck, people like Joey Barton, El Hadji Diouf involved in football have that tag. (physically beating people, spitting on people etc..)

Just think calling a manager who's worst incidents involve managing a football team badly and not waving at his teams fans....scumbag is pretty harsh....and to be put the word 'prat' on the same level is laughable. Prat is like calling someone an idiot, dumb/delusional etc..being called a scumbag is pretty low, as low as you can get really. there should be a line...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly are those "factors"?
What is this, an interrogation?

Anyway, if we finish 17th but put in some ok or good performances and don't stay up simply by other teams being worse than us or unlucky then that would sway my opinion. Also, it depends on the possible candidates available.

I agree with POB as well by the way. I think GH has been largely deserving of the criticism he's received on here but I don't think he's deserved the personal and xenophobic abuse.

he's a scumbag.

Jesus christ, he's only doing a very bad job, he hasn't killed anyone.

Well, he's doing a fine job of killing our clubs league status.

he must have really hurt you physically and mentally for this much hatred. Dont use league status excuse as it was just as vile when he got the job

Yep, i have had some choice words about him alright. i'm sure he'll be ok though so don't cry Zat. anyway, if you think the words i have used are bad. give it a few weeks and it'll be a million times worse.

Anyway, if we finish 17th but put in some ok or good performances and don't stay up simply by other teams being worse than us or unlucky then that would sway my opinion. Also, it depends on the possible candidates available.

An interrogation?

It's a discussion board... :huh:

You know, if you post something for discussion it is generally the norm that said poster expects responses. What are the "factors" that you would need to look at?

An interrogation?

It's a discussion board... :huh:

You know, if you post something for discussion it is generally the norm that said poster expects responses. What are the "factors" that you would need to look at?

It was a light hearted remark, although I do feel like anybody shows any hint of support for GH on here is always pressed with questions.

And I already posted these factors.

And people here have been xenophobic? :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have made cheeky comments about the French surrendering like the majority of people do - said in jest. It is not a fear or hatred of foreigners. Get a grip please.

If that was the case Makoun would have been hounded out before he even came here.

Cuellar would be turfed back to Scotland.

Weimann wouldn't be seen as such a good prospect.

Our black players with ancestry from Africa and the Caribbean wouldn't be loved. What a ridiculous statement to make.

And people here have been xenophobic? :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have made cheeky comments about the French surrendering like the majority of people do - said in jest. It is not a fear or hatred of foreigners. Get a grip please.

If that was the case Makoun would have been hounded out before he even came here.

Cuellar would be turfed back to Scotland.

Weimann wouldn't be seen as such a good prospect.

Our black players with ancestry from Africa and the Caribbean wouldn't be loved. What a ridiculous statement to make.

I'm not saying people are xenophobic on here, nor do I think they're xenophobic towards people of African or Spanish ancestry or whatever. I was merely pointing out that there have been some xenophobic things said about GH (not in jest often by the looks of it) and I don't think he deserves that.

I've long wondered how bad things would have to get before Houlliers most ardent supporters would want him out and now it appears that for one at least finishing 17th may not even be bad enough. Interesting.
Well if you'd read my post Mark you'd see that there's more to it than just finishing 17th.

Regardless to what more there is I am afraid 17th place should be more than enough. The rest of your "other stuff" is merely subjective. The onjective thing is 17th place and there is no circumstances under which that should be acceptable for Villa. However on saying that if someone offered me that now I would take it, how much of a disgrace is that that he has sunk the level of the club, yet you say 17th, playing well and not just because there are 3 teams worse than us (which in fact is what 17th says, there are 3 teams worse than you) is now enough for him to stay

Regardless to what more there is I am afraid 17th place should be more than enough. The rest of your "other stuff" is merely subjective. The onjective thing is 17th place and there is no circumstances under which that should be acceptable for Villa. However on saying that if someone offered me that now I would take it, how much of a disgrace is that that he has sunk the level of the club, yet you say 17th, playing well and not just because there are 3 teams worse than us (which in fact is what 17th says, there are 3 teams worse than you) is now enough for him to stay
Well Richard, it's my opinion. I still think there's a chance he could do well for us and regardless of how he's performed so far I've very much liked his ideas. That's just my opinion of course

What makes you think he could do a good gob for us though..
If he can (key phrase there) turn his ideas into a reality then I think we could go places. I also like the kind of players he's been signing.

If he can (key phrase there) turn his ideas into a reality then I think we could go places. I also like the kind of players he's been signing.

LOL.

If you disagree with me that's fine, but don't mock me just because I don't share your opinion.

Im of the opinion that the players he has signed are wasted here, and the best signing we could have made in Jan would have been the managers saying bye bye. any other half decent manager would have had us doing better with what we had already.