Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you would wanted Houllier to stay because he'll turn us into a good side next season. You, and some others who had these fantasies thinking he can get us playing good football with good results. Why the change now by 1 result?

Fantasies?

Wasn't based on one result, people were willing to give him more time than others..

regarding "good football" it's called passing it around more and that blackburn game was by far the most enjoyable game I have seen for a long long time.

But 95% of this so called passing football has no end product, its all this tip tap shit in the middle of the park that comes to nothing.

on this occasion I was on about it finished 4-1.. so the end product was clearly there.

I thought you would wanted Houllier to stay because he'll turn us into a good side next season. You, and some others who had these fantasies thinking he can get us playing good football with good results. Why the change now by 1 result?

Fantasies?

Wasn't based on one result, people were willing to give him more time than others..

regarding "good football" it's called passing it around more and that blackburn game was by far the most enjoyable game I have seen for a long long time.

Right so because Houllier has managed us to give us one enjoyable game since he got here, that makes him worthy enough for next season despite the fact we're 3 points from bottom?

Did you enjoy his Wolves game too?

And I agree with Fran. Most of the time we lack ideas in the final third.

Right... And where exactly did i state it makes it worthy enough for another season? Stop making stuff up please because I certainly did not say that.

I said people were willing to give him more time than others.. so don't automatically assume that means another season.

I'm curious. Assuming that this person; like myself; predicated their support of Houllier beyond this season on the condition that we would not get relegated this season. At what point would it be acceptable to begin to rethink keeping him on? Or should people stupidly stick to their guns and wish ill on the club just to save face on a public forum?

I'm curious. Assuming that this person; like myself; predicated their support of Houllier beyond this season on the condition that we would not get relegated this season. At what point would it be acceptable to begin to rethink keeping him on? Or should people stupidly stick to their guns and wish ill on the club just to save face on a public forum?
Everyone thats not in faver should come out and speck there mind, even if they did back him from the start. nows not the time to be having digs at each other just for the sake of saying i told you so. I think most people at this stage are fairly sick of the way its all panned out.

nows not the time to be having digs at each other just for the sake of saying i told you so.

Well that's what I'm getting at yes. I've been one of his supporters but the sheer manner of the defeat against Wolves was the most worrying part of the season for me, added to how close it is to the end of the season and added to other results that happened that weekend. We were hockeyed by someone below us.

Now I still think if we did retain our PL status this season that we wouldn't have as bad a season under GH in 11/12 but I think unless we win @ Goodison then I think we've been taken too close to the brink and that his position will at that point become untenable. Moreso because I have already written off games 37 & 38 against Liverpool & Arsenal.

are you taking the piss? Aidy Boothroyd who has just been sacked by Coventry.

shouldn't have been sacked by them, they've made a huge mistake imo, he did a wonderful job at watford with no money

Yes, but he had Ash.

are you taking the piss? Aidy Boothroyd who has just been sacked by Coventry.

shouldn't have been sacked by them, they've made a huge mistake imo, he did a wonderful job at watford with no money

Aidy bothroyd, can't be serious.

Of all the managers we could get, Aidy bothroyd!? Coventry are 20th! he got sacked from there, why the hell would we want someone like that?

I'd rather have Allerdyce and I hate him as a manager.

BOF - I wouldn't write off a home game vs Liverpool yet, despite our loss at Wolves, we've only lost 4 out of 15 at home and they could well be playing for very little by then. Very tough game no doubt but don't think it can be written off. Took points from Chelsea, United, City at home.

What have people said that is ridiculous? He was fantastic with Colchester and has taken Norwich to probably two straight promotions. He is an upcoming manager who deserves a chance. Nobody is expecting him to get into the top 4 next year. It is about stabilising the club and moving us forward, along with Lerner, similar to what Moyes did with Everton, albeit without the Lerner figure.
I don't think people have said much ridiculous stuff to be fair, it's just he's constantly mentioned on here and everyone seems to think he could take us really far but I think he still needs more experience. If he wasn't young I don't think he would be as popular on here. People cite Moyes but he may not turn out like Moyes (who IMO is a tad overrated anyway).
So who would you go for out of interest??. Would you rather we stay Houllier??.
Well Owen Coyle (another manager mentioned a lot on here) would certainly be a better appointment as he has actually proven he can cut it in the Premier League.

Depending on how the rest of the season goes I would like to see Houllier given a pre-season and a shot next season. If he still doesn't work out then get rid. Don't mock others just because they don't share your opinion.