Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

are you taking the piss? Aidy Boothroyd who has just been sacked by Coventry.

shouldn't have been sacked by them, they've made a huge mistake imo, he did a wonderful job at watford with no money

Yes, but he had Ash.

they lost him midway through their season in the prem and he still almost kept them up, he is an excellent manager, he got the best out of every player in that watford squad, he made marlon king look like a decent prem striker

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Sam Allerdyce came on any sort of long term, I think I'd cut my eyes out.
Well. who's your best option that might want to come in and fix what GH has broken?, who in your opinion would be best suited to keeping us up. Im only saying Fat Sam from the point of keeping us up, not for the style his teams play as i think its rubbish but it works very well and its very hard to break his teams down, and imho he'd be the best man for it. like i said offer him a massive wage to keep us up, then in the summer appoint someone that can move the club forword for years to come (not Foullier please) someone like Lambert.

shouldn't have been sacked by them, they've made a huge mistake imo, he did a wonderful job at watford with no money

Yes, but he had Ash.

they lost him midway through their season in the prem and he still almost kept them up, he is an excellent manager, he got the best out of every player in that watford squad, he made marlon king look like a decent prem striker

and Phil Brown kept Hull up, perhaps we should go for him as well?

heck, Ian Dowie came so close to keeping Palace up, what about him as well?

he still almost kept them up

They finished bottom, 10 points off safety. How is that close?

Dowie, Brown, Bothroyd ...ambitious list.

I thought you would wanted Houllier to stay because he'll turn us into a good side next season. You, and some others who had these fantasies thinking he can get us playing good football with good results. Why the change now by 1 result?
I'm curious. Assuming that this person; like myself; predicated their support of Houllier beyond this season on the condition that we would not get relegated this season. At what point would it be acceptable to begin to rethink keeping him on? Or should people stupidly stick to their guns and wish ill on the club just to save face on a public forum?

Why did he still have your support after the Liverpool farce? It was clear back then he shouldn't be anywhere near this club.

Yes, but he had Ash.

their squad was terrible though, he got the best out of each and every player, they should've finished in bottom half in the cham

What have people said that is ridiculous? He was fantastic with Colchester and has taken Norwich to probably two straight promotions. He is an upcoming manager who deserves a chance. Nobody is expecting him to get into the top 4 next year. It is about stabilising the club and moving us forward, along with Lerner, similar to what Moyes did with Everton, albeit without the Lerner figure.
I don't think people have said much ridiculous stuff to be fair, it's just he's constantly mentioned on here and everyone seems to think he could take us really far but I think he still needs more experience. If he wasn't young I don't think he would be as popular on here. People cite Moyes but he may not turn out like Moyes (who IMO is a tad overrated anyway).
So who would you go for out of interest??. Would you rather we stay Houllier??.
Well Owen Coyle (another manager mentioned a lot on here) would certainly be a better appointment as he has actually proven he can cut it in the Premier League.

I thought you would wanted Houllier to stay because he'll turn us into a good side next season. You, and some others who had these fantasies thinking he can get us playing good football with good results. Why the change now by 1 result?

Depending on how the rest of the season goes I would like to see Houllier given a pre-season and a shot next season. If he still doesn't work out then get rid. Don't mock others just because they don't share your opinion.

Would you like to see him continue if he puts us at 17th?

What have people said that is ridiculous? He was fantastic with Colchester and has taken Norwich to probably two straight promotions. He is an upcoming manager who deserves a chance. Nobody is expecting him to get into the top 4 next year. It is about stabilising the club and moving us forward, along with Lerner, similar to what Moyes did with Everton, albeit without the Lerner figure.
I don't think people have said much ridiculous stuff to be fair, it's just he's constantly mentioned on here and everyone seems to think he could take us really far but I think he still needs more experience. If he wasn't young I don't think he would be as popular on here. People cite Moyes but he may not turn out like Moyes (who IMO is a tad overrated anyway).
Well Owen Coyle (another manager mentioned a lot on here) would certainly be a better appointment as he has actually proven he can cut it in the Premier League.

Depending on how the rest of the season goes I would like to see Houllier given a pre-season and a shot next season. If he still doesn't work out then get rid. Don't mock others just because they don't share your opinion.

Depends on a number of factors I guess.

Why did he still have your support after the Liverpool farce? It was clear back then he shouldn't be anywhere near this club.

I assume you mean clapping their fans and tapping the Anfield sign. In my view what happens on the pitch is more important than emotional stuff like that. Now granted, the Anfield performance wasn't exactly vintage either, but at that point there was plenty of time left in the season; not to mention his first transfer window; in order to turn it around. But as we get closer to the end of the season and the performances are not improving, then I'd say it's fairly natural to start thinking he's had enough of a chance. The support, after all, was always based on not sailing quite this close to the wind.

I'm curious. Assuming that this person; like myself; predicated their support of Houllier beyond this season on the condition that we would not get relegated this season. At what point would it be acceptable to begin to rethink keeping him on? Or should people stupidly stick to their guns and wish ill on the club just to save face on a public forum?

tbf, some people wanted him to have the Jan transfer window, for me its been a no no from day one. some people thought that it would come good with a few signings and thats fair enough. at this stage though i think most people deep down feel that its just become a joke.

I assume you mean clapping their fans and tapping the Anfield sign. In my view what happens on the pitch is more important than emotional stuff like that. .

Were you there Brian? I was along with 1800 others. We out sang his beloved Kop even though we were being served up gutless tripe. At the end of the game though he chose to ignore us, the supporters of the club he managed, and we had the indignity of having to watch as he lorded it in front of the Kop and completely blanked us not a clap nothing. The most disrespectful act I've seen from an Aston Villa manager.

I assume you mean clapping their fans and tapping the Anfield sign. In my view what happens on the pitch is more important than emotional stuff like that. .

Where you there Brian? I was along with 1800 others. We out sang his beloved Kop even though we were being served up gutless tripe. At the end of the game though he chose to ignore us, the supporters of the club he managed, and we had the indignity of having to watch as he lorded it in front of the Kop and completely blanked us not a clap nothing. The most disrespectful act I've seen from an Aston Villa manager.

Thats because he's a gutless disrespectfull useless old bastard, from his spell at Liverpool before i wouldn't expect any less from him, he's a scumbag.

I was there BOF, and it was humiliating what he did, at the end of the game, he should have been more concerned about the pathetic performance his side had put in, but instead he was clapping and waving at the Kop, lets not forget that was to Roy Hodgson's side.

I was there BOF, and it was humiliating what he did, at the end of the game, he should have been more concerned about the pathetic performance his side had put in, but instead he was clapping and waving at the Kop, lets not forget that was to Roy Hodgson's side.
The same Roy Hodgson that was useless like GH but got **** out the door, funny how it works isn't it. if only Randy had the bottle like Henry at Plop.

Yes, but he had Ash.

their squad was terrible though, he got the best out of each and every player, they should've finished in bottom half in the cham

Dowie, Brown? what about them? would you accept both of those?

he's a scumbag.

Jesus christ, he's only doing a very bad job, he hasn't killed anyone.

I'm sure hes been called worse. Its hardly the worst you can call someone is it.

Fran like a lot of supporters is passionate about this great club and people are understandably worked up. They see this pratt doing his job poorly and **** up something they love deeply. Unfortunately words like scumbag, pratt and perhaps worse are going to be used and the use of such words in all fairness is the least of our worries.

You know what I bet even gutless Gerard as used the odd derogatory word to describe someone who is **** up.

Were you there Brian? I was along with 1800 others. We out sang his beloved Kop even though we were being served up gutless tripe. At the end of the game though he chose to ignore us, the supporters of the club he managed, and we had the indignity of having to watch as he lorded it in front of the Kop and completely blanked us not a clap nothing. The most disrespectful act I've seen from an Aston Villa manager.

No I wasn't there and I fully accept that it was very insulting to the fans that were and I've no intention to play it down. But when discussing the bigger picture of where the club is going; at that point in the season there was still plenty of time. And it could be argued that those who were not insulted in person by him on that night might not be quite as clouded by the level of hate against him that someone who experienced it might be.

He was extremely stupid that night for many different reasons which we've long since been through. I had put that night down to him going back to a place that holds deep affection to him and for him. He did it badly and I'd be confident he wouldn't do the same again.

Though given the name of this thread, I'm now beginning to think that he won't get the chance to do it again and I'm wavering seriously on whether I want him to.

Depends on a number of factors I guess.

What exactly are those "factors"?

he's a scumbag.

Jesus christ, he's only doing a very bad job, he hasn't killed anyone.

Well, he's doing a fine job of killing our clubs league status.

he must have really hurt you physically and mentally for this much hatred. Dont use league status excuse as it was just as vile when he got the job