Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Sorry but we cant afford to give him the chance of another season not after the disaster this one has been.

We gave him the chance to bring in some players in january to boost our position we backed him with money and still he's proven to be a complete and utter failure.

He needs to either go now or at the end of the season whatever position were in

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not blindly supporting Houllier. I'm barely supporting Houllier, as it is. I just don't want us to get rid of him now (because I think it'll be a shot in the foot for Villa) and I don't mind what happens in the summer.

If he's booted out, fine. We'll start again and see what happens. But he's started building something and I do, kind of, want to see him given a pre-season and a summer of transfers to see what he can do.

One of the main reasons for me saying this, is that he can attract some good players to us - if he has a good summer transfer window, starts the season and still seems poor... get rid, and we'll hopefully have a better squad for the next manager to work with.

That pretty much sums up the way i feel about Houllier. I want to support him, simply because not doing so inevitably does more harm than good. There are problems within this squad which run deeper than a manager and im not sure that sacking him would make them all magically disappear

How do you know there are problems in the squad?, they seemed like a very together bunch until Foullier came in??.

Sorry but we cant afford to give him the chance of another season not after the disaster this one has been.

We gave him the chance to bring in some players in january to boost our position we backed him with money and still he's proven to be a complete and utter failure.

The word out of B6 is that he stays, regardless of our fate.

I had faith in the man, but that was completely drained from me in the farcical manner in which he chose, set out and altered his team last Saturday.

The man is a complete fool in my eyes, and his ego is taking us down.

If this is the case then Randy should also get stuffed. We need a proper leader not some half arsed man that doesn't have the bottle to hire and fire the right people.

If this is the case then Randy should also get stuffed. We need a proper leader not some half arsed man that doesn't have the bottle to hire and fire the right people.

like a Deadly Doug?

like a Deadly Doug?

I presume though. Then people would be complaining that there's no "ambition". :lol:

Deadly would have made a better choice from day one when it came to appointing a manager.l
In all fairness his choice of managers was pretty hit and miss.
Better than this..
Well Houllier's appointing is only a bad one with hindsight, and even then I think there's still a small chance it could turn out to be a good one.

Deadly would have made a better choice from day one when it came to appointing a manager.l
Better than this..

Deadly brought in Dr Jo and I think he appointed Bingo Billy.

Better than this..

Deadly brought in Dr Jo and I think he appointed Bingo Billy.

This i Randys first appointment and he's sticking by him for me given the situation noot acting on his mistake is worse than the appointment.

I had faith in the man, but that was completely drained from me in the farcical manner in which he chose, set out and altered his team last Saturday.

The man is a complete fool in my eyes, and his ego is taking us down.

I heard he got the job - because his blueprint for villa centred around the young villa players - and bringing these through (whatever that means)

This has been tried many times, and I can only think of Manu where it has worked. You will never build a top flight force based on youngsters coming through the ranks. I am treading on thin Ice here - but for me there only looks like clark and albrighton anyway.

Seems Randy has been seduced - but the notion - that all we have to is wait for these young gems to sparkle - and we will be top 6 again. Ain't gonna happen. Doug made a similar mistake - he couldn't understand how good reserve / youth teams didn't translate into a winning first team.

Fact is they rarley do...