Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

The problem with Rafa are not his achievements, which may or may not be partially due to previous managers. This is at the end of the day irrelevant. The problem however is that his football is not that much different from Houllier's. Add to that his cold and distant way of handling players etc. we are most likely faced with the same problems as now.

I totally agree with that. I'd also add that Rafa, Like Ged, is very prone to questionable team formation, playing players out of position etc.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allardyce

Get out.

:lol::lol:

I am not entirely convinced about Allardyce either. His football has mostly been overly physical, dire hoofball, but one has to take into account what kind of players he's had at his disposal. If you think about it, would you really try to play clever possession football with what he had at both Bolton and Blackburn? His tenure at Newcastle was ultimately a failure, because Ashley wasn't patient enough. He was given even less time than Houllier has had. I think he could do something with our squad, but there are risks involved obviously. Still he'd almost certainly do better than GH has.

If we survive, then my money will be on Mark Hughes.

What makes you think we'd be after him and furthermore why would he wanna join us when he's been less than year at Fulham?

1) Because he was Randies first choice to replace Oneil, if Oneil went.

2) Even reported that Randy had met with Hughes in America before Oneil quit

3) And dispite our current problems, we are a step up from Fulham.

4) And hes refusing to sign an extension to his contract.

There, four reasons :lol:

Martin Jol is the best available option to us.

Also Van Gaal?

All up in the air at the moment though, since we cant even plan to approach anyone not knowing what Division we are in.

I am not opposed to Mark Hughes, I still believe he has great potential as a manager. Although Jol would fit into our plans more.

What we need is an experienced manager. Maybe has an OBE, won titles and trophies.........O wait?

GH all the way! keep the faith. We will survive and challenge next season.

Your drinking early :winkold:

It's 1pm chrisy! :winkold:

What makes you think we'd be after him and furthermore why would he wanna join us when he's been less than year at Fulham?

1) Because he was Randies first choice to replace Oneil, if Oneil went.

2) Even reported that Randy had met with Hughes in America before Oneil quit

3) And dispite our current problems, we are a step up from Fulham.

4) And hes refusing to sign an extension to his contract.

There, four reasons :lol:

Well, points 1,2 are heresay at best. I agree with point 3. So are you telling me he signed a one year contract with Fulham? Maybe it's just me but I'd like to think that a manager upon joining a new club would want time to stabilize things and make his mark on the team and ultimately achieve something. Managers seldom seem to ditch a challenge for better money somewhere else. They usually only leave when sacked. But I guess it's not all that uncommon that a manager would leave after less than one year i charge, but it sure isn't common either.

What we need is an experienced manager. Maybe has an OBE, won titles and trophies.........O wait?

GH all the way! keep the faith. We will survive and challenge next season.

Challenge for what though? :winkold:

Business as usual I believe mate. I really do. Without going off topic I think anybody would have struggled to sort us out. Top 6 again with a good pre-season.

If we get Benitez or Allardyce I might just cry.

Me too probably, but I don't see how that would be any different from now!?

Benitez is a joke. I know people will say that's what Houllier is (I disagree somewhat) but Benitez really wouldn't do well. Look at what he did at Inter.