Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I'd take rafa. Can attract big players and has a massive point to prove. Personally I've always respected him with the way he handles pressure. Milan was always gonna be a disaster replacing Jose. His last season at Liverpool was bad due to the 2 twaty yanks they had 'running' the club. He'd be better than GH any day and might push us on were as sam wouldn't.

If he is up for it (which GH hasn't been from day one). Respects the club (which GH hasn't from day one) then ill be behind him.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea **** it - let's bring in Ian Dowie or Chris Coleman or someone like that, or, let's go manager shopping down in league 2... Much better for us. Sod the big names in world football, league 2 is where we will get back to greatness from.

Ffs

Screw Allardyce, he would be awful for ourfootball club, he wouldnt be able to sign anyone decent in the summer, and our big players would leave. rendering us a bottom half club for a long while.

JOACHIM LOW<<< this man would do the trick x

What a lift that would be for the club if we brought in Rafa. I have slagged him off before. I've even said I did not want him here, however, beggars really can't be choosers. We are in an absolutely dire state and I cannot see it ending without someone coming in.

rafa: yes **** please!

that would be a major coup for us

I would like Rafa too, he's a massive name and think the players would show some respect. I like the way he talks too. Brilliant.

Rafa had something like the 4th highest salary in Europe when he was manager at Inter, do you really think we would give him close to anything like that.

If Houllier as to leave I'd much rather us get a manager who knows what Aston Villa means, has the right philosophies and isn't brought in for his reputation.

Too many managers in this country get jobs because of their reputation and often flop because of it. In other countries bright young coaches get jobs often due to their achievements at lower league or youth football and can be a breath of fresh air, as they have had to develop fresh ideas to get themselves noticed.

Yes he would, but, we're shit.

Has he got a job at the mo?!

@ kristien

i get the feeling if approached right then he would have a go, hes been the german international coach since 2006, he may decide to move on after doign that for a while, and hes only managed a few casual german clubs, so i dont think hes too big of a name to come....i have a dream yeah. i think he would do wanders for villa, dont know why people are choosing to clutch at fat sams leg handing him chicken legs to persuade him to save our club, when theres clearly better managers out there

Rafa had something like the 4th highest salary in Europe when he was manager at Inter, do you really think we would give him close to anything like that.

If Houllier as to leave I'd much rather us get a manager who knows what Aston Villa means, has the right philosophies and isn't brought in for his reputation.

Too many managers in this country get jobs because of their reputation and often flop because of it. In other countries bright young coaches get jobs often due to their achievements at lower league or youth football and can be a breath of fresh air, as they have had to develop fresh ideas to get themselves noticed.

He has openly stated that he wishes to return to the PL. Where is he going to go?

The problem with Rafa are not his achievements, which may or may not be partially due to previous managers. This is at the end of the day irrelevant. The problem however is that his football is not that much different from Houllier's. Add to that his cold and distant way of handling players etc. we are most likely faced with the same problems as now. What we really need now is a hardass, someone who'll instantly get results and gain the player's respect without question, but at the same time has enough humility to be able to handle all our lazy, underachieving primadonnas. I hate to say it but we need someone like MON again.

@ kristien

i get the feeling if approached right then he would have a go, hes been the german international coach since 2006, he may decide to move on after doign that for a while, and hes only managed a few casual german clubs, so i dont think hes too big of a name to come....i have a dream yeah. i think he would do wanders for villa, dont know why people are choosing to clutch at fat sams leg handing him chicken legs to persuade him to save our club, when theres clearly better managers out there

Ah, I wasn't sure if he had left his post with Germany or not. I doubt he would to join Villa in a relegation scrap. But could be a very good manager. That Germany side at the world cup was awesome and should have won it, played much better than Spain overall.

I would take as next manager -

Lowe

Benitez

Allardyce

@ kristien

Ah, I wasn't sure if he had left his post with Germany or not. I doubt he would to join Villa in a relegation scrap. But could be a very good manager. That Germany side at the world cup was awesome and should have won it, played much better than Spain overall.

I would take as next manager -

Lowe

Benitez

Allardyce

ahhh its good to have an ally, LOW turned germany into a class side, and when everyone looked at the side, the players, they were shocked how well they were performing, all down to tactics and good management, they played some amazing football on the biggest stage.

these fans pleading for allardyce will be biting their own tongues if we get him and begin to play a 8-1-1 formation

Are you saying the players would not respect Rafa? Come on.

Absolutely. Read through some past articles from his time at Liverpool and you'll soon realize just how "liked and respected" he actually was. To me both him and Houllier have the same old-school attitude to players, where respect is implied, e.g. something they take for granted, as opposed to earning it. They don't seem to understand that football has changed and more importantly players have changed. Managers like Redknapp, Wenger and SAF seem to understand this and know how to handle 'modern day footballers'.