Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I do think he loves Wigan because of his history with them. However, if he was to come here, I reckon he'd be a pretty loyal manager, sticking with us, much like Moyes has with Everton.

Why do you think he would be loyal with us but not with Wigan?

Way down the list with me.

Hughes is the red hot fav with the bookies still in fact odds on, Moyes & Benitez have gone slightly out,the interesting one though is Martinez has had his odds reduced as low as 4-1 at some bookies!

Ancelotti has really gone out though as high as 33-1 with some bookies,not always right but they are not usually far out.

They probably get their information from VT ITKs.

Ergo, it's bollocks.

But I do think he loves Wigan because of his history with them. However, if he was to come here, I reckon he'd be a pretty loyal manager, sticking with us, much like Moyes has with Everton.

Why do you think he would be loyal with us but not with Wigan?

Way down the list with me.

I like Martinez but I agree I don't think he'd do that well here. Just a feeling I have really. Like the way he tries to get his teams playing though.

I think a new poll will be started as soon as Gerard departs.

I think a new manager will be announced at the same time as Houllier leaving is announced.

I believe that a new manager has already been decided upon.

I think a new manager will be announced at the same time as Houllier leaving is announced.

I wish, I also wish it'll just be over and done with this week.. but this is Villa, this will go on throughout the summer.

I think Randy, Paul Faulkner and the General took a bag of Scrabble letters and agreed they would appoint a manager whose surname began with the first letter they drew out at random.

Unfortunately, it was "X", which may delay the decision a while.

No way will Villa be that organised. They probably haven't even started thinking about the new man yet.

You look at any manager's list of signings and you'll find a good percentage of failures. Even the very best managers sign duds and they do so quite often.

well if they are the best managers then if they did often sign duffers then they must be awesome at getting results, otherwise they would not be the top managers

hughes is not awesome at getting results and has signed more than his fair share of duffers,

it makes him an average manager, nothing wrong with that but it does not make him a top manager, we need a top manager.

even DOL found some gems in his time as villa manager, the whole package is needed and for me everything about hughes screams " meh", not good, not bad, average.

as mentioned , hughes is bookies favourite, they are not wrong too often.. hopefully this is one of those occasions.

an average manager who has the occassional decent season finishing in the top half, only to drop back down to 10th or below.

not what i would hope for villa in the circumstances we find ourselves in.

we have the chance to really go for it, our playing staff had been chopped with room to cut away 6 more high earners giving the new man plenty of room to make this his team.

we have one of our best players leaving this summer after a poor season and a half by his standards, our player of the season possibly wanting to leave, our top goal scorer making concerning comments about both those players needing to remain.

will a meh manager convince them we are a realistic choice to be?

there are 4 or 5 top managers around who are for once, gettable and we have then got the time to intigrate them in and for them to bring in who ever they want.

what a golden opportunity to move onwards and upwards.

one final thought, IF we got hughes AND he did well, do you not think he would be man utd bound within another year when fergie leaves?

I think Randy, Paul Faulkner and the General took a bag of Scrabble letters and agreed they would appoint a manager whose surname began with the first letter they drew out at random.

Unfortunately, it was "X", which may delay the decision a while.

Nedo Xavier of Ituiutaba Esporte Clube it is, then.

i think our players would walk all over Martinez

Then there is an easy answer, f**k them off.

The next manager should be one for the long haul. If the players don't like the appointment, then they should leave.

when is this bloody annuncment taking places??? it was 1. june it was supposed to be right???

Tomorrow now apparantly...if they can all stop squabbling and come to an agreement

Well we are declining. Our club is in a right mess atm.

i agree with you, i think it?s clear that the board aren't football people and as a result don't know how to run a football club, it?s embarrassing really