Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

RL now knows he needs to bring in somebody that the players AND fans will believe in right from the start. Nobody believed in GH on or off the park so I suspect the new man will be proven premiership stock from last season and will be Moyes or Hughes ...... there really are no other contenders and, personally, I think it has to be Moyes as he is several divisions better than Hughes.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Hughes. Give him a five year contract and full backing even if the results dont go our way. A bit of stability at the club over a number of years is what we need.
ha! You really think our fanbase would give any new manager a chance if he doesn't start well? They'll be hollering for someone else the minute shit goes wrong. Wanting everything yesterday with no concept of patience or the idea that even good managers make mistakes.

I like Hughes. Give him a five year contract and full backing even if the results dont go our way. A bit of stability at the club over a number of years is what we need.
ha! You really think our fanbase would give any new manager a chance if he doesn't start well? They'll be hollering for someone else the minute shit goes wrong. Wanting everything yesterday with no concept of patience or the idea that even good managers make mistakes.
Yep, I can see elation over the possibility of getting Moyes and then utter despair after his classic 1 win in the first 10 games habit.

Totally agree. The only manager of the ones mentioned that will be given some time by our fans is Moyes, in my opinion. I fear we are quite simply too small for Ancelotti, he would not have THAT feeling for the club which I think our manager should have and would be off in a year or two. So, Moyes for me, he would kick some of the players' asses as well and they need some good kicking.

I'd vote for Ancelotti, although I'm not sure he would take it. Might be a chance to prove Chelsea wrong in the Premier league? But I think he is used to the bigger stage and unikely to step down to non Champions League. Don't know if he knows much a bout the end of the market we need to shop in. My guess is he will go back to Italy.

Martinez......Hmm not sure, he has got Wigan playing good football, and he has an eye for a bargain player, but Wigan have never looked solid under him. Be a bit of a risk.

Hughes.. is a solid manager, however I think he is in the same mould as Moyes, solid unspectacular teams. He would require considerable money, and some of his purchases at Man City weren't great. No for me.

Moyes, see above.

Benitez, definately not!

Fat Sam, definately not!

Paul Lambert would be a good choice, but I think fairly he will give it a crack with Norwich first.

Rijkard, would be a good choice. He did manage a fantastic Barcelona side, understands how the system works, could identify similar players, he is a big name that woukd attract players and I think would take the job. Come on Randy sign him up.

Ancelotti is a must. Chase him hard. If hes not interested id go Rijkard or Jol.

Anything else would be lacking ambition. Get a younger manager preferably.. id like Riijkard.. however if Ancelotti signed.. the bigger names may stay.

Ancelotti said he would manage a non-CL club. Would he fit here though? His arrogance could be another issue altogether not too dissimilar to GH/Defensive marking, plus a bit like Benitez and his assistant, Ancelotti struggled without Wilkins. I would like him here though as a statement of ambition. Riijkaard would be a gamble, but again, a huge name likely to give a signal to players like Downing.

plus a bit like Benitez and his assistant, Ancelotti struggled without Wilkins.

...get Wilkins too!

As far as we know his dispute was with Chelsea not his manager.

Ancelotti is a must. Chase him hard. If hes not interested id go Rijkard or Jol.

Anything else would be lacking ambition.

Jesus, what a load of nonsense.

How about if i said this?

Jose Mourinho, anything else would lack ambition!

Nonsense.

What for any reason, none of your manager suggestions dont want to come, are we lacking ambition if we dont kidnap them and force them to manage?

It would be crazy to get Ancelotti or Rjikard. Would love either of them! If not Moyes, Jol or Hughes would be solid managers. I think they'd keep us at 7-9 but would love Ancelotti or Rjikard.

Yep, I can see elation over the possibility of getting Moyes and then utter despair after his classic 1 win in the first 10 games habit.

Yep, I can see that. But its then the board needs to come out with its full backing. The results over time will be good for us. Maybe not the first or the second year, but it may well be in the third. IMO ofcourse...

Anything else would be lacking ambition.

Jesus, what a load of nonsense.

How about if i said this?

Jose Mourinho, anything else would lack ambition!

Nonsense.

What for any reason, none of your manager suggestions dont want to come, are we lacking ambition if we dont kidnap them and force them to manage?

Then you go for another manager of that standard.

Ancelotti said he wants to stay in England and doesnt care if the club is in the CL or not. Rijkards been wanting to goto England for a while. Jol wants to return also.

Moyes would be decent. But if we go for Wigans manager or Mcleish or some average manager.. then yes.. it lacks ambition.

The three i mentioned were EXAMPLES. We need quality manager or we lack ambition.