Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

plus a bit like Benitez and his assistant, Ancelotti struggled without Wilkins.

...get Wilkins too!

As far as we know his dispute was with Chelsea not his manager.

Correct. however, as his "Manager" seemingly did not have the bollocks to stand up for his number 2, they may not be as friendly.

IMO

This interview suggests they are still amicable at least.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13568540.stm

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti is a must. Chase him hard. If hes not interested id go Rijkard or Jol.

Anything else would be lacking ambition.

Jesus, what a load of nonsense.

How about if i said this?

Jose Mourinho, anything else would lack ambition!

Nonsense.

What for any reason, none of your manager suggestions dont want to come, are we lacking ambition if we dont kidnap them and force them to manage?

Then you go for another manager of that standard.

Ancelotti said he wants to stay in England and doesnt care if the club is in the CL or not. Rijkards been wanting to goto England for a while. Jol wants to return also.

Moyes would be decent. But if we go for Wigans manager or Mcleish or some average manager.. then yes.. it lacks ambition.

The three i mentioned were EXAMPLES. We need quality manager or we lack ambition.

In your opinion, quality which might be different than Randy. Baring in mind he knows how the club works internally, all the staff the ins and outs of what might or might not be needed, which you just err have none of that.

So seems pretty easy to me just go get Mourinho!

If its as black and white as your making out.

This is not Football Manager you know.

No it isnt Football Manager. However its not rocket science either.

Suggesting Mourinho is far fetched. Ones i have mentioned are out of a job.. and want to manage in England. With only Chelsea as a bigger club with a job ( who Carlo just left from.......) and will be after THE BEST manager available... the other two are unlikely to go there.

Ofcourse they are realistic. Staff changes when the manager changes.. they bring their own men. Clearly Randy knows more than i do.. he has better advice etc.. but he made the wrong decision bringing Houllier.. he knew he had heart problems and brought him in anyway.

I didnt say it is easier.. but they need to splash the cash and go for the best available manager.. i didnt say you click on 'hire manager' and you get your man.. but whatever needs to be done to get these managers.. has to be done.

Yeah ok but you said anything other would lack ambition.

That is ridiculous, as they just might not want to come regardless of how much money we offer them or this or that.

You basically say, hire one of them or we lack ambition!

Its just not that easy or black and white.

Martinez, please.

Ancelotti is a must.

I like Hughes. Give him a five year contract and full backing even if the results dont go our way

Has to be Moyes

One thing is for sure, we wont all agree.

I bet EVERY Villa fan would agree with Rijkaard coming.. :winkold:

i wouldnt, was never convinced with him at barca when he had a team of stars given to him and he's done nothing at gala

plus a bit like Benitez and his assistant, Ancelotti struggled without Wilkins.

...get Wilkins too!

As far as we know his dispute was with Chelsea not his manager.

Correct. however, as his "Manager" seemingly did not have the bollocks to stand up for his number 2, they may not be as friendly.

IMO

This interview suggests they are still amicable at least.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13568540.stm

Thanks for that.

Must still be a little pissed though?

Anyone thinking we have a manager lined up is going to be disappointed imo.

Thats not how Randy works, he is respectful with these things.

He wouldn't be talking to another manager on the off chance that Houllier might leave, behind his back.

There's only a couple of managers who I would be really desperate to avoid and that's McClaren and Allardyce - I'd be gutted if either of those muppets arrived.

Out of that list I'd say, in no particular order:

Klinsmann, Jol or Rijkaard

Agree 100% with this. these were my 3 choices last season and they still are!

:hooray:

For the record, as much as I hate what he did 5 days before season start, I'd have MON back.

Disagree 100% with this one though :wave::puke:

Hughes please, showed he's got what it takes at fulham. Wales, Blackburn, Man City, Fulham. No failure there imv

No thanks... No failures but not much to shout about either.

Excellent at wales and blackburn, shafted at city when he could have got them 4th. First season back and he has a fine season with fulham. He's a manager on the up in my opinion. I can't see him not getting strong backing from fans if appointed.

I'd be cautious about Moyes, been at one club for so long hard to know I'd he could match that if he came here. Hughes would be the better option in my opinion.

Fair enough, just never been that inspired by any of Hugh's teams really, would agree he did very well with Wales though.

He did absurdly well with wales, they are utter rubbish and he got them to a play off. Also you can hardly be surprised that you were not inspired by blackburn or fulham, but he got results. City was just mayhem, given players like Robinho etc. I felt he acquitted himself well and will do a fine job at a stable club like villa. I hope it's him.

I think Duverne proved that no matter how good your fitness regimes are, if the manager can't instill confidence and order into the defense you're still going to concede late goals

I would expect a similar goal from Deschamps too.These would build throughout!

With players leaving Marseille left right and centre just at the moment, it would be an excellent time to make a move for him. However, I fear if we did it would only trigger bigger clubs to declare their interest (possibly Chelski).