Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

According to the Mail we will only take a manager with Premierleague experiance..

So you can rule out any decent success in the near future unless we hire Mourinho, Fergy or Wenger..

The board need to be looking at managers that can "build" a legacy at the club.

We need to go all out and appoint Rijkaard..

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti is a must. Chase him hard. If hes not interested id go Rijkard or Jol.

Anything else would be lacking ambition.

Jesus, what a load of nonsense.

How about if i said this?

Jose Mourinho, anything else would lack ambition!

Nonsense.

What for any reason, none of your manager suggestions dont want to come, are we lacking ambition if we dont kidnap them and force them to manage?

Then you go for another manager of that standard.

Ancelotti said he wants to stay in England and doesnt care if the club is in the CL or not. Rijkards been wanting to goto England for a while. Jol wants to return also.

Moyes would be decent. But if we go for Wigans manager or Mcleish or some average manager.. then yes.. it lacks ambition.

The three i mentioned were EXAMPLES. We need quality manager or we lack ambition.

In your opinion, quality which might be different than Randy. Baring in mind he knows how the club works internally, all the staff the ins and outs of what might or might not be needed, which you just err have none of that.

So seems pretty easy to me just go get Mourinho!

If its as black and white as your making out.

This is not Football Manager you know.

Ancelotti is a must. Chase him hard. If hes not interested id go Rijkard or Jol.

Anything else would be lacking ambition.

Jesus, what a load of nonsense.

How about if i said this?

Jose Mourinho, anything else would lack ambition!

Nonsense.

What for any reason, none of your manager suggestions dont want to come, are we lacking ambition if we dont kidnap them and force them to manage?

Then you go for another manager of that standard.

Ancelotti said he wants to stay in England and doesnt care if the club is in the CL or not. Rijkards been wanting to goto England for a while. Jol wants to return also.

Moyes would be decent. But if we go for Wigans manager or Mcleish or some average manager.. then yes.. it lacks ambition.

The three i mentioned were EXAMPLES. We need quality manager or we lack ambition.

In your opinion, quality which might be different than Randy. Baring in mind he knows how the club works internally, all the staff the ins and outs of what might or might not be needed, which you just err have none of that.

So seems pretty easy to me just go get Mourinho!

If its as black and white as your making out.

This is not Football Manager you know.

No it isnt Football Manager. However its not rocket science either.

Suggesting Mourinho is far fetched. Ones i have mentioned are out of a job.. and want to manage in England. With only Chelsea as a bigger club with a job ( who Carlo just left from.......) and will be after THE BEST manager available... the other two are unlikely to go there.

Ofcourse they are realistic. Staff changes when the manager changes.. they bring their own men. Clearly Randy knows more than i do.. he has better advice etc.. but he made the wrong decision bringing Houllier.. he knew he had heart problems and brought him in anyway.

I didnt say it is easier.. but they need to splash the cash and go for the best available manager.. i didnt say you click on 'hire manager' and you get your man.. but whatever needs to be done to get these managers.. has to be done.

Hughes please, showed he's got what it takes at fulham. Wales, Blackburn, Man City, Fulham. No failure there imv

No thanks... No failures but not much to shout about either.

Excellent at wales and blackburn, shafted at city when he could have got them 4th. First season back and he has a fine season with fulham. He's a manager on the up in my opinion. I can't see him not getting strong backing from fans if appointed.

I'd be cautious about Moyes, been at one club for so long hard to know I'd he could match that if he came here. Hughes would be the better option in my opinion.

Hughes please, showed he's got what it takes at fulham. Wales, Blackburn, Man City, Fulham. No failure there imv

Excellent at wales and blackburn, shafted at city when he could have got them 4th. First season back and he has a fine season with fulham. He's a manager on the up in my opinion. I can't see him not getting strong backing from fans if appointed.

I'd be cautious about Moyes, been at one club for so long hard to know I'd he could match that if he came here. Hughes would be the better option in my opinion.

Fair enough, just never been that inspired by any of Hugh's teams really, would agree he did very well with Wales though.

plus a bit like Benitez and his assistant, Ancelotti struggled without Wilkins.

...get Wilkins too!

As far as we know his dispute was with Chelsea not his manager.

Correct. however, as his "Manager" seemingly did not have the bollocks to stand up for his number 2, they may not be as friendly.

IMO

No chance it'll be Moyes, surprised so many think it will be. I think RL will be desperate to avoid compensation to another club which leaves Ancelloti as a possibility or BiG Sam.

Hughes is rubbish.. He paid waaaay over the odds for Lesscott, Bridge, Santa Cruz, SWP etc... He basically does what any run of mill Premiership manager could do..

Moyes is also just another run of the mill Premiership manager..

If any of those get appointed, its basically Villa throwing in the towel over EVER being champions again..Neither have the brains to build the club into something special.

We need a manager with vision into the future that will take the club forward...Not a manager that just thinks of boosting his own CV...

Rijkaard would come in a build the club and would also give us great hope of becoming champions again. I would expect a similar goal from Deschamps too.These would build throughout!

Ancelotti and Benitez are another 2 managers that will be no good for us. Because they wont build depth, it will be an half decent 1st team squad only.. But no future..

Win Only

Mark Hughes 1/1

David Moyes 3/1

Rafael Benitez 9/2

Steve McClaren 10/1

Carlo Ancelotti 12/1

Martin Jol 16/1

Roberto Martinez 16/1

Kevin MacDonald 16/1

Chris Hughton 25/1

Walter Smith 25/1

Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 33/1

Bob Bradley 33/1

Martin O'Neill 40/1

Avram Grant 50/1

Steve Bruce 50/1

Latest from Bet365

The manager we get will depend on what funds he is promised. Does not matter who we want, if the money is there they will come.

The best managers will only come if there is a pot of money or they won't stay as one of the best managers.

Simple as that really IMO.

Martinez, please.

Ancelotti is a must.

I like Hughes. Give him a five year contract and full backing even if the results dont go our way

Has to be Moyes

One thing is for sure, we wont all agree.

The manager we get will depend on what funds he is promised. Does not matter who we want, if the money is there they will come.

The best managers will only come if there is a pot of money or they won't stay as one of the best managers.

Simple as that really IMO.

Agreed, and in addition - it depends on how much and if the club is willing to pay another club compensation for taking their manager?

Martinez, please.

Ancelotti is a must.

I like Hughes. Give him a five year contract and full backing even if the results dont go our way

Has to be Moyes

One thing is for sure, we wont all agree.

I bet EVERY Villa fan would agree with Rijkaard coming.. :winkold: