Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

Is Gary Gardner in the squad?

..................Friedel....................

Herd......Cuellar...Baker.....Walker

..........Makoun....Reo-Coker........

Downing......Gabby............Young

..................Bent......................

Bench: Marshall, Delph, Heskey, Delfouneso, mystery sub centre back, Albrighton, Petrov

Bring Albrighton on as an impact sub later on for whoever is playingworst out of the front 4.

Well Gary Gardner has been training with the first team a lot (see training gallery) so that suggests he might be?

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. This is a make-or-break game make no mistake. Therefore we need to win, and I have very confidence in the lads they'll put in the effort today.

Whether you love, like, are ambivalent to, dislike, detest or loathe Houllier and the job he's done so far, this is the day where we all put aside our differences of opinion and get behind the team. The Holte End is often referred to as the 12th man, well lets bloody make the Trinity, North, and DE stands the 13th, 14th and 15th man as well. Today is the day where we will roar on Villa, today is the day we will make Villa Park a place to be feared again, I want everyone up at VP today to sing constantly at full lung capacity.

I don't give a **** where we are in the league. I don't give a flying **** how we've played over the last 6 games, we are Aston motherloving Villa and we are going to win this match.

I can't go, but that will not stop me sitting behind the screen of my laptop and bewildering my family with loads of "Come on Villa!" and strains of "My old man" being belted out from my room.

We all have differances, be it opinion, physical difference et cetera, but we all have one thing in common. That is, we all love the Villa. So let's **** cheer them on to victory today!!!

UP THE VILLA!

Thank you.

Quite shocking that there are still tickets available for such a big game...

Anyway, I'll be setting off soon. I'm so nervous today, mainly due to our back four and the fact that Wolves are playing quite well right now.

Hopefully we will still be able to just edge a win though. I'm going for 2-1 or 3-2 to us. I just can't see us not conceding with our makeshift defence.

UTV!

**** it, tickets booked, blew off work, on way to train station as we speak. UTV... somehow managed to get tickets on the halfway line in Lower Trinity .... I never manage that on a non-derby day let alone a derby day.

Think today really is the definition of a must win game, lets all get behind the boys and makes lots of noise whether you like the manager or not. Lets sing about Villa and NOT SHA !!!!!

We have to stick together and make Villa park an intimidating cauldron of noise not a ground full of groans

Right. This is a make-or-break game make no mistake. Therefore we need to win, and I have very confidence in the lads they'll put in the effort today.

Whether you love, like, are ambivalent to, dislike, detest or loathe Houllier and the job he's done so far, this is the day where we all put aside our differences of opinion and get behind the team. The Holte End is often referred to as the 12th man, well lets bloody make the Trinity, North, and DE stands the 13th, 14th and 15th man as well. Today is the day where we will roar on Villa, today is the day we will make Villa Park a place to be feared again, I want everyone up at VP today to sing constantly at full lung capacity.

I don't give a **** where we are in the league. I don't give a flying **** how we've played over the last 6 games, we are Aston motherloving Villa and we are going to win this match.

I can't go, but that will not stop me sitting behind the screen of my laptop and bewildering my family with loads of "Come on Villa!" and strains of "My old man" being belted out from my room.

We all have differances, be it opinion, physical difference et cetera, but we all have one thing in common. That is, we all love the Villa. So let's **** cheer them on to victory today!!!

UP THE VILLA!

Thank you.

Well said!

Given our problems, a draw would be disappointing but not disastrous. Gains us a point and keeps Wolves below us at arms length. A loss and I might have just to top myself.

Pretty nervous, record at VP this year

Man City, Blackburn, Burnley, Vienna - win

Sunderland - loss

Bolton - draw

5th win would be lovely.

When did we beat Vienna?

UP THE VILLA!

Thank you.

Well said mate. I couldn't have put it better myself. Now book me a last minute flight to Birmingham. :lol:

with the defence shot to bits, i expect NRC, Makoun and petrov in the middle, i hope we dont as petrov has looked off the pace of recent.

NRC deserves to start and makoun is looking good in the middle

if we played those 2 in the middle downing on the left and alby on the right with young sitting just infront on makoun and NRC with Benty up front then having a back four of walker cuellar baker and delph

we should have more than enough to keep them on the back foot for most of the game, we just need to make sure freidel comes for the totaly predictable high balls into the area.

we need to put our chances away, benty had an off game the other week where normally you would have thought 3 or 4 goals should have come from him.

he needs 2 today at least, oh and please dont let young take any dead balls, not one.

downing to take corners from the right and alby to take them from the left

young can sit on the edge of the area for any knock downs or half clearances

bent to take any pens

oh and downing on the left and alby on the right unless you want to make alby ineffective and in that case you may as well have no one on the left.

if downing does play on the right, ashley young should play on the left and i would put alby up front with benty.

Given our problems, a draw would be disappointing but not disastrous. Gains us a point and keeps Wolves below us at arms length. A loss and I might have just to top myself.

Pretty nervous, record at VP this year

Man City, Blackburn, Burnley, Vienna - win

Sunderland - loss

Bolton - draw

5th win would be lovely.

When did we beat Vienna?

it means nothing to me