Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2,416 tickets available for the game.

Holte End: K2 and K6 most tickets available (269 and 192 respectively) - R/L corners - Upper

Trinity: A1 and A2 (317 and 186) - Upper, towards Holte End in corner

North Stand: T5 and T1 (178 and 111) - Upper corners Left and Right

Doug Ellis: M5 (240) P2 (108) and P1 (100) - towards Holte End side of Pitch

are the areas with the most tickets left available.

Probably the closest to sell out we've had. Anybody know what Wolves' allocation was?

2,700 which they have sold. The maximum we give any team in the league.

Hopefully we can get a couple of early goals to take the pressure off the defence who will have rarely played in those positions together. The front 6 in the above formation is phenomenal!

AVFCOfficial Aston Villa FC

Richard Dunne [shoulder], James Collins [calf], Ciaran Clark [suspension], Luke Young [calf] all out of the Wolves game.

I would put money on James Collins being fit to captain Wales against England a week after the Wolves game.

2,416 tickets available for the game.

Holte End: K2 and K6 most tickets available (269 and 192 respectively) - R/L corners - Upper

Trinity: A1 and A2 (317 and 186) - Upper, towards Holte End in corner

North Stand: T5 and T1 (178 and 111) - Upper corners Left and Right

Doug Ellis: M5 (240) P2 (108) and P1 (100) - towards Holte End side of Pitch

are the areas with the most tickets left available.

Probably the closest to sell out we've had. Anybody know what Wolves' allocation was?

sounds decent, I'm there! hopefully few more sales before the match, over 40k would be great.

Looking at the defence, I think even significantly weakened, it's still an excellent back four..

Walker - Enough said

Cuellar - Our best CB?

Baker - My only worry. He's been very good in other positions, but hasn't played with Carlos there, and is a bit too eager to go to ground.

Delph - Still think he's been excellent in the two games he's had at left-back.

So two very skilful attacking full-backs, suspect defensively.

Two centre-backs who will need to stand up to the task at corners.

I think as long as we use all of the attack at our disposal from a frighteningly good front six and two full-backs we'll win convincingly. Has to be all-out attack though.

Houllier reveals "commitment and will to win" ahead of Wolves match

Manager Gerard Houllier previews the Wolves clash on AVTV.

17th Mar 2011

By Paul Brown

Gerard Houllier stressed his players have a "commitment and will to win" ahead of the big derby match with Wolves.

Houllier spoke passionately about the desire and drive of his players to surge up the top-flight table with a series of victories, starting on Saturday.

The manager insists morale is high ahead of a vital run-in, despite two players - Richard Dunne and James Collins - being disciplined this week for an incident at a team getaway.

He said: "Richard and James have been disciplined. The club, I would say, have reacted strongly and quickly and now we move on to what is most important for us and that is the game against Wolves.

"It was a good team bonding for two days. It was a good atmosphere. It is just a shame two players spoilt a bit, the thing, but it was a part, it was not spoiling the whole thing. It was more an incident.

"The second thing is the whole week has been characterised by the fact everyone has trained well with good spirit, good commitment and great energy and also great enjoyment - the best way to prepare for a very important game.

"In terms of commitment, energy, enjoyment, the team have trained extremely well.

"There are nine games now and all will be played with the same qualities of commitment and will to win.

"We know what is at stake and we know it is a very important game for us. At the same time I said to the players 'forget what is at stake, but focus on how to get there.'"

Houllier also revealed that Dunne [shoulder] and Collins [calf] will both miss the derby match through injury while Ciaran Clark [suspension] and Luke Young [calf] are also out.

Regardless of who he chooses to play at the back, Houllier is confident of a positive response.

He added: "This sort of thing happens to all the clubs, it happened even to Manchester United.

"Sometimes you have an injury crisis. We had that in the middle of the season with long-term problems, with Stiliyan, Nigel and Steve. Now it has happened at the back but we will be 11 and we will be alright.

"I can tell you the options we have will be good and they will respond positively. I think they will show."

Houllier was speaking as he addressed the media at Bodymoor Heath ahead of the match against Wolves.

www.avfc.co.uk

Why such a high attendance for this game? I recall the SHA game getting quite a lot less.

I would imagine because we haven't had a home game for 3 weeks and won't have another one for another 3 weeks (which itself is live on TV) that people who only go occasionally are taking their chance to get to this one.

Why such a high attendance for this game? I recall the SHA game getting quite a lot less.

I'm sure a few games earlier this season were supposed to be sold out, but then there appeared to be thousands of seats empty.

Maybe the club are rounding up, generously.

For me this is one of the biggest games in our recent history. Everything about us at the minute spells trouble. From the record financial losses to the decenting players and the rifts within the camp. Lose this one and I dread to think what will happen.

Time for us all to play our part and get right behind the lads. We may need to be patient but a win tomorrow is vital.

Come on lets inspire the team victory and premiership safety