Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really matter who plays at the back, or at least it hasn't, as from set pieces we have been shit which clearly indicates its a problem with how they are being told to set up.

The only thing I'm confident will happen on Saturday is that Wolves will score. Its then a case of if we can out score them. They will be well fired up for this and will battle from the first minute till the last and will not roll over as Blackburn did. Will we be up for a battle? its debateable as we have served up some real gutless tripe this season showing little character shown in the fact we are yet to come from a goal behind in a league game to win. Therefore if Wolves score first and the crowd inevitably gets edgy it could turn out badly.

However I'm goign for a 2-1 win.

They have that kid from Barnsley who has a good cross, forgot his name but he's been a good buy for them.

Hunt and Kightly are supposedly fit as well. I just think Jarvis is the best of the four and their main threat - doesn't mean to say I don't think they have other threats!

I'm over for this one and am already having sleepless nights about what might happen.

The problem with the defense worries me alot. Dickie Dunne has been vital to our cause.

I think this will be a high scoring game. I just hope our team has been somewhat galvanised by the events of last Wednesday in a strange kind of way. We really need to just get to the Summer to try and rebuild.

I'm really hoping that all the negativity on this board and comments about Ged etc. are left outside of VP and everybody just gets behind the boys. If this is taken into VP, I can imagine it transferring onto the pitch and we could have a very nervous occasion. We beat them at their place with no Bent and some injuries, they have a crap away record as far as I am aware and we have actually been playing some decent stuff of late. So why is everybody sooooo negative. Lets start being a bit more positive and see if we can transmit this positive mental energy to the team on Saturday.

FFS, if Markavfc40 is predicting a 2-1 win then most of us should be expecting to win by 4 or 5! :winkold:

Very worrying news about Luke Young and Collins injuries. Thank god for Cuellar! If Young and Collins don't make it then:

------------------------------- Friedel -----------------------------

Walker ------------ Cuellar ---------- Baker ------------- Delph

---------------------- NRC ----------- Makoun --------------------

Downing -------------------- Young ------------------ Albrighton

------------------------------- Bent -------------------------------

Bench: Marhsall, Petrov, Pires, Herd, Bradley, Heskey, Agbonlahor,

It wouldn't surprise me to see Heskey and Gabby start this game though because we really do need some height in there! Also with only 3228 seats left with 4-5 days left it could be our biggest crowd in a while! A result is definately needed! Get some height in there, get Downing on free kicks, Bent on penalties, get Makoun back in the side and let's get the ball down and play it! Can't wait for Saturday! Huge game!

Team news from the reserves tonight, Beye included but no Stephen Warnock. Could this mean he will finally make his return to the first team? I think with only 3 defenders currently available that it would be a good idea to play Warnock. He will be desperate to play and if not play for us or Houllier, play for himself! Bring him back in. Walker Cuellar Collins Warnock would be great to see Saturday!

No it wouldnt. Warnock should be on the bench at best incase somebody gets an injury. He should be nowhere near first team.

Walker---Cuellar---Baker---Delph by the looks of it.

Jarvis/O'Hara are going to be a handful

Well Warnock was captain of the reserves last time out so giving him the armband could mean something. If Luke Young doesn't make it in time to play left back then I think we need Stephen Warnock in a game like this. Really wouldn't surprise me to see him called in. Habib Beye however ...

I'm really hoping that all the negativity on this board and comments about Ged etc. are left outside of VP and everybody just gets behind the boys. If this is taken into VP, I can imagine it transferring onto the pitch and we could have a very nervous occasion. We beat them at their place with no Bent and some injuries, they have a crap away record as far as I am aware and we have actually been playing some decent stuff of late. So why is everybody sooooo negative. Lets start being a bit more positive and see if we can transmit this positive mental energy to the team on Saturday.

FFS, if Markavfc40 is predicting a 2-1 win then most of us should be expecting to win by 4 or 5! :winkold:

Yes, Wolves have the worst points tally in the PL with only 5 points out of a possible 42 points away from home so if we don't beat them then........

Your uncle is your brother,

Your sister is your mother,

You all **** one another,

The Dingle family,

Da Da Da Da...

Would be great to hear the Holte End singing this throughout the game.

I'm up for it! Also, will someone please buy that one single seat in C5 Lower Trinity, have a look on the online ticketing map it's annoying me!

We need a Downing song to be belted from the Holte this week!! I feel sorry for him! He's one of our most consistent players and rarely gets any recognition.

I can't wait for the gammmmmmmmmmmmme!!!!

It's simple.

This and the West Ham game on 16th April are the must win games to end all must win games. Win both and we will almost certainly get to safety. falter in either and we are potentially in deep trouble.

B6 expects!

If there was such thing as a "Like" button on VT I would certainly apply it to this post, totally agree.