Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton game was gutting as I actually thought we played some good stuff going forward all afternoon, surely if Ash had put away the penalty we would've got the 3 points. Anyway its all ifs and maybes, boy have we thrown away a lot of points this year. We've been made to pay for some horrific injuries at the back, and in my view some mistakes in the transfer market. Houllier is going through the mill big style for not replacing Warnock in January, and at centre back we've been really poor. As well as Clark has played overall, in my opinion he has made one or two errors/bad tackles that have cost us, Dunne and Collins just dont seem to have played this season.

This game for me doesnt quite have a relegation feel to it yet, but if we don't win, then every game after to the end of the season will have exactly that feel.

It must be the defining game for Houllier so far, its full circle for him as his first full game was at Wolves, a great away win we came out of with quite a few fans I'm sure secretly (or un-secretly) hoping it was the start of a bright dawn for us. How badly we've been let down since then.

GH has led us to seemingly brighter days in the transfer window with strong acquisitions.. But has continued MON's trends of persevering playing players out of position, stubbornly refusing to pick players out of favour, and encouraging the players to back off and hang on when we get our noses in front.

The third or fourth game I've said this in a row but: a win puts much needed space between us and them, a draw no good to either team really, a loss leaves us vulnerable to other results (which is definitely not what we want).

It should be:

Friedel

Walker Collins Cuellar L.Young

Albrighton Makoun Reo-Coker Downing A.Young

Bent

but no doubt it will be:

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Baker Delph

Downing Petrov Makoun Albrighton

Young

Bent

I will go with a very tough and hard to take 2-2 draw. Come on lads.

Given the events of this week, given that Wolves are a battling team used to a fight and up for a fight and we are neither, given that they know they are in trouble and I do not believe our team do and that we are in a right old mess I think we will lose.

-----------------Friedel-------------

Walker---Cuellar---Baker---Young

--------------NRC-------------------

---------------------Makoun--------

Albrighton-----Young------Downing

-----------------Bent----------------

Collins back: Walker-Cuellar-Collins-Young

Collins Back, Young Injured: Walker-Cuellar-Collins-Baker

Collins Injured/Sacked and Young Injured: Walker-Cuellar-Baker-Delph

Must must must must win

Given the events of this week, given that Wolves are a battling team used to a fight and up for a fight and we are neither, given that they know they are in trouble and I do not believe our team do and that we are in a right old mess I think we will lose.

Agree with this especially if Wolves score first. Our players will get a very strong dose of the schoots and retreat behind the trouser leg of GH.

Very tempted to blow work off and travel to down to Brum for this game... but so worried about it, I can see this being worse than Sunderland if we lose, cant face a train journey back to Wales feeling like shit and very much out of pocket

Very tempted to blow work off and travel to down to Brum for this game... but so worried about it, I can see this being worse than Sunderland if we lose, cant face a train journey back to Wales feeling like shit and very much out of pocket

But think how good it will be if we win! Do it mate, try to avoid thinking negative before games I know its easy to fall into that trap this season especially but it helps not to.

:flag:

What says we are not up for a fight? think we've shown plenty of fighting spirit over last couple months, Blues, Chelsea, Man City games in particular.

Not to mention we've only lost against Blackburn under Houllier who are in the bottom half. So I'd say we have plenty of fighting spirit.

Anyway your prediction gives me hope as you are usually wrong I believe.

2,416 tickets available for the game.

Holte End: K2 and K6 most tickets available (269 and 192 respectively) - R/L corners - Upper

Trinity: A1 and A2 (317 and 186) - Upper, towards Holte End in corner

North Stand: T5 and T1 (178 and 111) - Upper corners Left and Right

Doug Ellis: M5 (240) P2 (108) and P1 (100) - towards Holte End side of Pitch

are the areas with the most tickets left available.

Probably the closest to sell out we've had. Anybody know what Wolves' allocation was?

How the **** have we managed to sell 40,000 tickets for this game? Hopefully we could see a sell out crowd! Obviously I'm pleased about it but I'm also totally surprised as I was thinking we'd sell 35,000 max! Hopefully it's a sign of the times and the stay aways have finally realised that we are deep in the shit and that we need all the support we can get at the moment whether you are for or against Houllier! People need to try and put that to the side for 9 games and get behind the lads regardless.

We really can't afford to lose this but we are absolutely shocking at the back at the moment and I can definitely see this continuing against Wolves. A draw won't be good enough but I'd rather 1 point than no points.