Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I have been one of his biggest critics but he has been getting better, he is certainly better than that clearing in the woods at left back!

"Al" was much better yesterday, thought he had a solid game. I am a big believer in players needing time to bed in and a full Pre-season with their teams before they can be judged.

Err, are we really talking about the Alan Hutton who plays for Aston Villa? The thug who ponces around Villa Park in his bright orange and yellow boots trying to avoid making a tackle.

What drugs are you lot taking? That Alan Hutton is absolutely **** crap and he is NOT getting better. He is without doubt the worst right-back I've seen at Villa Park in 35 years.

Leave you **** rocket polisher, however bad we are at the moment, you're still not good enough and never will be!!!

• 2 weeks later...

While I hate the guy as a player, this is not good. We are getting absolutely threadbare in defence. Dunne and Clark are out until early April, at least, and Warnock's playing like he has brain damage. We're already wrecked in an attacking sense due to injuries, poor form and McLeish's tactics, and now at the back we'll have an unsettled back four. Another injury or two could see half of that back four being made up of reserves.

A Hutton injury has me worried. This is through-the-looking-glass territory. I feel like a giant caterpillar is about to show up and blow coloured smoke in my face.

Now this really is a blessing in disguise

Explain? hs been improving in recent weeks, has barely made a blunder all season and is an easy target becasue if who signed him

Yet Given is widely praised on here (and rightly so).

It's got nothing to do with who signed him. He's been pretty shit for most of the season, although he's certainly been better than Warnock I'll give him that.

hutton is a waste of a squad number.

the few good tackles he put in against wigan he then gave the ball straight back to them anyway as he is unable to pass to anyone on his own team

he even managed to play a couple of cracking [asses into di santo and moses for shooting chances so we're definately better off without him.

Play Herd at RB or maybe even give the lad Lichaj a go - they certainly cant do a wors job!

Â