Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a worse full back in the Premier League

briefly off the top of my head

James Perch

Paul Robinson

Andre Santos

Steve Gohouri

Emmerson Boyce

Wayne Bridge

Nicky Shorey

their is others

I've not seen Hutton do anything to make me think he's any better than that bunch.

I hate him, I often nice to have a bit of a hard man in the team but he makes me sick. His insistence on smashing both knees off a player if he can get half a stud on the ball is just stupid and completely unsuited to the modern game. I will say this though, at the time I thought both him and Nzogbia to be great signings and expected much more from them than they have delivered. I cant really blame Mcleish for signings that I would have made as well.

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a worse full back in the Premier League

briefly off the top of my head

James Perch

Paul Robinson

Andre Santos

Steve Gohouri

Emmerson Boyce

Wayne Bridge

Nicky Shorey

their is others

I've not seen Hutton do anything to make me think he's any better than that bunch.

I think he's a fair bit better than those.

If Collins does go in January then I hope Cuellar gets pushed to CB and Lichaj gets a real chance at RB. If Lichaj doesn't do the job then give Herd a try and if Herd doesn't work out then give McLeish a try. Hutton should be gone.

• 2 weeks later...

If the truth be known Alan Hutton is by far the poorest defender at the club, and probably the poorest in the Premier League.

He offers absolutely nothing at the back, his positional play is bizarre at best, and his distribution is dreadful. He leaves the team wide open down our right side with his runs up the wing, he always loses the ball and then can't get back quick enough on the counter attack.

How he has the arrogance to wear the same boots as Lionel Messi is beyond me, he has about as much talent as Messi does in his little toenail..

I don't care how **** cheap he was to bring in, it was still too bloody expensive, and we will no doubt be stuck with this turd as no-one else will want him.

He's a dirty, fouling, cheating word removed. I make no excuse for my anger at this point, I really detest him and will continue to give him dogs abuse from me seat in the DE lower until he is no longer in the team.

Our clown of a right-back made exactly one tackle throughout the entire 90+ minutes of the Everton match, that just about sums him up.

LEAVE OUR CLUB YOU PRICK!!!!

Before I get slated, I know one decent performance out of countless terrible performances does not a good player make - BUT thought Hutton stood up really well against Wolves and performed admirably, his crosses were A LOT better and seemed reasonably solid at the back against a very good player in Jarvis.

Warnock also played really well when he was brought on in the 2nd half and The 2 CB's were ok. Think McLeish may have given the defence a bit of a bollocking after last week (do I recall McLeish saying something like "maybe I should shout at them every week?) and it's a good sign to see them responding.

Agreed. Though Hutton has looked one of our better defenders (not saying a great deal) over the past couple of games. he's settling into a little bit more consistency something missing from Warnock's game.

And yes, i know, somebody will quote the post saying he's consistently shit.

I haven't warmed to him either - but I thought he played quite well on Saturday. He's not bad going forward and I think the more games he's

played has actually helped him get back up to speed.

Â