Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it - anything out of this game will be like a lottery win. We are expecting to lose, everyone expects us to lose. if we do, no concern, I'd expect Arsenal to lose at Old Trafford.

Lets give it our all, fight for our lives, and you never know as last season proved, but, in reality, lets get it out the way and move on.

GoThe good thing is, everyone around us have hard games over the next few days as well. Everton play Arsenal, Liverpool play Chelsea etc..etc...

So come Sunday, I think it will be a bit "as you are" and maybe we will have climbed a place or two.

Result - 0-2

Fancy a draw or a Villa win tbh. We never should have let them back in last time and they won't be too sure how we'll set up with Bent in the side.

How many games are Utd unbeaten now? They've got to lose sometime!

I've got loads of work to do today but I can't concentrate!

Vidic first game back from injury, we need Gabby to play up top to absolutely terrorise him.

Is Gabby recovered from the injury sustained against Blackburn?

Shit yeah forgot about that. Hope Marc starts, he was great against them at VP.

United won't win this, its a seat of the pants desperate battling draw or win (single Bent goal) for us. We have something to prove now and our season only started a month ago, Man U's first defeat is long over due.....

Last time Makoun played them he ran the show, hopefully he's up for it tonight.

MOM: Young putting himself out there, just edging Makoun.

If Gabbys not fit I'd go with:

Friedel

Walker, Dunne, Collins, Clark

Albrighton, Makoun, Reo-Coker, Downing

Young

Bent

If he is fit, drop Albrighton to the bench (impact sub 2nd half), have Young and Downing switching wings and Gabby just off bent terrorising Vidic.

I reckon we might manage a draw, my only worry is Rooney. Hes been awful lately, but off-form players always seem to find their form against us.

I'm more positive about this one than I usually am. Still think we will lose mind but think we may give it a good go.

Friedel

Cuellar-Dunne-Collins-Clark

Young-Petrov-Reo-Coker-Downing

Agbonlahor-Bent.

THIS

If Makoun and Gabby both out (they are doubts, according to BBC), I'd consider going with:

Friedel

Walker-Collins-Dunne-Clark

Albrighton-Petrov-ReoCoker-Young

Heskey-Bent

Young on the left to support Clark and help counter Nani/Rafael, while pace of Albrighton and Walker should give Evra plenty of problems (and he's often one of their key attacking outlets). If we can stop them wide they often struggle a bit through the middle (esp if it's Anderson-Carrick/Fletcher as CM).

Two up top looks rather optimistic & a bit direct but I think sometimes that's the best way to go at Utd. Birmingham tried flooding midfield and lost 5-0. Heskey-Bent should give Vidic-Ferdinand a torrid time and give us outlets - they're going to dominate possession however we line up, so we need outlets - and they also give Albrighton/Young something to aim at in the box when we can get a cross in.

--

However, I'm pretty sure Houllier will start Petrov-Coker/Makoun, Albrighton-Young-Downing as the midfield with Bent on his own, as all bar Coker were rested at weekend. Bearing in mind how many problems Albrighton-Young-Downing gave them in the home game too, that's probably a sensible choice.

Anyway, it's cool looking through the thread and seeing the different options we have now and this is before Bradley is added to the mix.

Gabby a doubt according to the Birmingham Mail

I'd go with

...............Freidel

Cuellar.Dunne.Collins.Clark

..........Makoun.NRC

Abrighton.Young.Downing

................Bent

Subs: Marshall, Heskey, Delfouneso, Petrov, Bannan, Walker, Pires

Actually think this will be a tight affair but think we'll either get beaten or snatch a draw

Pretty sure it will look like this and it's what i would go with too but hopefully Gabby on the bench to come on if we need him, wouldn't be the end of the world if he started in Downing's place either. I don't know why so many people are leaving Makoun out of their lineups? Feeling quite confident about tonight, reckon we can get another 0-1. Only 1 loss in 6 against them.

their luck must run out soon

I said that for 25 years until I was right :-(

:) Same here.

I just think we're on the up and they're not as good this time round as they have been. If we can compete well enough in CM I think we're well capable of a point or maybe more.

I'm in an optimistic mood :)

Pretty sure it will look like this and it's what i would go with too but hopefully Gabby on the bench to come on if we need him, wouldn't be the end of the world if he started in Downing's place either. I don't know why so many people are leaving Makoun out of their lineups? Feeling quite confident about tonight, reckon we can get another 0-1. Only 1 loss in 6 against them.

BBC lists Makoun as a doubt with thigh injury. I haven't heard anything anywhere else about that, mind