Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key is to not score early. There is perhaps no team in the world that is better with their backs against the wall than Man United. If we're going to win this we need to keep it at 0-0 for 94 minutes and score in the 95th, deep into the time allotted for Man United to score their winning goal.

Really difficult to predict this one. If we continue to play in the same vein then I don't think its a walkover for Utd, but they do have enough power and quality to beat us when we are playing at our maximum.

I can genuinely say any result - home win, draw, away win - wouldn't surprise me. We've definitely got the side to go there and give them a match, I just hope we want it badly enough if we get a chance to repeat last year. I suppose most likely a tight home win.

2-1 Utd.

Friedel

Cuellar Collins Dunne Clark

Downing Reo-Coker Makoun Agbonlahor

Young

Bent

I would play all 4 of those lads at the back including Cuellar to give us a bit more of a shout with grabbing a set piece goal. Our central midfield, without Bradley, is so short for aerial balls.

Really difficult to predict this one. If we continue to play in the same vein then I don't think its a walkover for Utd, but they do have enough power and quality to beat us when we are playing at our maximum.

I can genuinely say any result - home win, draw, away win - wouldn't surprise me. We've definitely got the side to go there and give them a match, I just hope we want it badly enough if we get a chance to repeat last year. I suppose most likely a tight home win.

2-1 Utd.

Friedel

Young

Bent

I would play all 4 of those lads at the back including Cuellar to give us a bit more of a shout with grabbing a set piece goal. Our central midfield, without Bradley, is so short for aerial balls.

2-1 Utd.

Friedel

Young

Bent

I'd go with...

Friedel

Albrighton NRC Petrov Young

Gabby

Bent

Would rather Albrighton over Downing because it is more balanced then Downing on the RW, whilst Gabby has to play centrally as he always gives Vidic problems. I also think it would be best to leave Makoun on the bench, especially if he's just had a knock and instead let him start v Fulham. Petrov on the other hand will be fresh from having his rest on Saturday.

Can't see anything other then a home win though.

I would pick Walker at RB over Cuellar. Cuellar has been good there, but I think Nani just has too much pace and will target him.

Albrighton was brilliant against them at Villa Park though, so be interesting to see how GH sets them up tomorrow.

Just think, if we win this game and I mean IF then beat Fulham at the weekend, other results go our way and we'd be in the top 6 lol. What a turn around that would be within the space of two weeks! Unfortunately I can't see us winning, not because we aren't good enough but because of how jammy Utd are! Saying that though, If we go 4-5-1, battle our socks off for 90 mins plus whatever time Fergie wants added on and you never know. I would love nothing more than for us to give them their first league defeat of the season on their own turf. Not getting my hopes up though.