• A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Makoun 57)
    • Albrighton (for Agbonlahor 77)
    • Herd (for A Young 88)

Good all round team performance, the scoreline does'nt really reflect the match as we controlled most of that match. Their goal was very lucky and probably not deserved, however we were able to hold on for the 3 points. Its just typical Villa to make things difficult for ourselves...

MON type performance, i.e. we made hard work of it after cruising but came away with 3 points which is the most important thing

annoyed downing didnt square it to bent for a tap in during the first half, and equally annoyed with the silly way we surrendered possession in the last 15 mins (perfect example being youngs shitty flick giving them the ball back for their goal after he had initially done really well with it)

hopefully the last 3 games unbeaten can set us up for a decent run in to the end of the season that will hopefully see us finish top half

Great result, we were cruising and before you know it, we're holding on for a point. Just about deserved it I think. Looked very good 2nd half before they equalised and actually knocked it around a bit. Makoun started well but needs to adjust and we looked more confident after Petrov came on, apart from the last 10, when it went a bit pear shaped.

Friedel - 7

Baker - 7

Dunne - 7

Collins - 6

Cuellar - 6

Gabby - 6

Makoun - 6

NRC - 7

Downing - 6

Young - 7

Bent - 6

Petrov - 6

Albrighton - 5

3 badly needed points and looked really good (on my dodgy stream) until Petrov came on. I think he gave so much against city hs legs went missing today. Still, onwards and upwards hopefully.

Thought it was a very good game (slightly ruined by a poor pitch). Both teams played some good stuff.

They were probably the better team in the 1st half but both sides missed gilt edged chances.

Thought we dominated the 2nd half and only looked in danger once we conceded a freak goal.

Onwards and upwards!

Makoun looks quite decisive on the ball, hopefully once he's fully at home in the team and the rest of the front players have got into more of a relentlessly Bent-assisting groove we'll be 3-0 up by the last ten minutes of games like this so I won't have to keep absolutely **** shitting myself

Plenty of positives. Made it difficult for ourselves but at the end of the day, it was a lucky goal, there is little you can do. That happens in football. Against Man City, the ball somehow deflected onto the post, this time it went in.

Reo-Coker man of the match, thought he was excellent. Passing extremely well. Makoun looked solid and a good footballer, competitive but not surprisingly disappeared a little, first Premiership game, expected.

Bent worked hard upfront, should of scored one but he makes runs our strikers only dream of making really. Gabby first half was non existant but came alive second half and grew in confidence.

Downing I thought had a good game, some poor decisions surprisingly but still solid enough.

Back 4 looked pretty decent, slightly exposed at times, game was pretty open but coped well. Unlucky to concede.

Baker was solid, good debut.

Young stepped in as skipper and battled.

All round job done.

Good game to win, Defense was solid I thought and was only going to be a deflection that would beat us. Center of midfield was strong and thought Makoun and NRC worked well together.

Happy for Gabby with the goal. No sure what is up with Downing; maybe he wants a move to Sunderland but he was very poor again today.

Positives

+ Makoun looked quite good, should do well when he settles

+ Gabby scoring

+ Young excellent

+Cuellar and Collins were class

Negatives

- Bent looked quite poor, touch looked bad aswell ( still worked hard though)

- Midfield bypassed too easily

- Backs to wall again in last 15

- Downing was quite poor today

Â