• Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Makoun 57)
    • Albrighton (for Agbonlahor 77)
    • Herd (for A Young 88)

he was shit, it isnt up for discussion

Firstly just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it 'so' and it's also for me a load of bollocks as it has been for plenty of others who watched the game today.

are you a mod? no is the answer. why not give your opinion on the game rather than comment on my post?

No he's not a mod. And yes he is right, it s up for discussion.

do not agree with downing being awful whatsoever. he was back to his best in one sense, running and taking on defenders at great pace but unfortunately his final ball was shit. as i said in my initial post, if he had his crossing boots on dazza would have had a couple of goals hence i'd judge it as a hit and miss performance from the lad

he was shit, it isnt up for discussion

Firstly just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it 'so' and it's also for me a load of bollocks as it has been for plenty of others who watched the game today.

are you a mod? no is the answer. why not give your opinion on the game rather than comment on my post?

I did. I said your opinion was bollocks.

what a childish opinion

Downing wasn't shit at all, he wasn't perfect, but he was just fine.

Being shit, in my book at least, means you can't do anything right and generally stink at everything.

Sure his end product wasn't there today, his crossing was mostly off and he didn't find Bent when he should have (then again neither did anyone else except for Ash with a beautiful pass in the first half).

What he did do however was he worked hard, he tracked back, he brought the ball out of defense at pace several times with good close control, his general passing was good (not crossing) and he took on defenders.

Besides he found Ash with a perfectly weighted pass for the penalty, and I'm glad he did because, in the end, it led to us winning the game. :D

Just watched the highlights and thought Bent looked excellent, I know he didn't get a goal, but if he keeps getting into those positions, they will come and in plenty!! Back 5 played well, Ash was awesome, Coker appeared to be industrious, Makoun looked ok considering it was his debut, but GH needs to sort out the wings, I think he is struggling to make a decision on which player to drop, anyway, great 3 points and it has to be said that out of citeh, wigan and utd I would have taken 6 points, maybe even 4, but now, well who knows......UTV

Another great battling win.

Had a look at the fixture list for the remainder of the season and we have plenty of winnable games.

Let's get United next week out the way and put together a good run starting with Fulham at home. I still reckon we can make outside challenge for those Europa spots again this season. Bolton are fading as are Blackpool and Sunderland will be the ones to beat. How fitting it would be for Bent to come back and haunt his former club. :D

Just got home. Great win and overall decent performance. Last 10 mins were nervy though as we can never do things the easy way. I'm just glad we held on as these 3 points were massive. Couldn't fault anyone's work rate again. Thought Baker had a decent game considering he was up against a good player in N'Zogbia. Collins was superb again and so were Dunne and Collins. Downing pissed me off with some of his decision making. Why did he shoot from a tight angle instead of playing it across for Bent to tap in from 5 yards in the first half! Can't really knock him too much though as he worked hard. Glad Gabby finally scored, even if it was harder to miss they all count and hopefully will do his confidence the world of good. Bent worked hard up top again, probably should have scored first half but oh well. Makoun looked good considering he's hardly trained with us. He'll be quality once he's upto speed with things. Overall I'm delighted. Once we've got Utd out the way I think that we can really kick on. Confidence is back

Friedel - 6.5 - Okay but had little to do.

Cuellar - 8.5 - Showed again he is our best defender

Dunne - 7.5 - Another solid game. The Dunney Monster is back!

Collins - 8 - Carried on from the weekend, and had another good game

Baker - 7.5- Good. Better defensively than Clark in this position but adds little coming forward.

Reo Coker - 9 - Everywhere. Energetic and drove the play. Nice combo with Jean II

Makoun - 6.5 - Neat and tidy. Good first game and as much as could be expected from someone new to the Premier League.

Young - 7.5 - Decent game BUT he is not a second striker.

Downing - 7 - Decent game BUT he is not a Right winger.

Gabby - 6.5 - Decebt game BUT he is not a Left winger.

Bent - 7 - Worked hard and, with a bit more luck would have had a goal.

Ged gets another win BUT he really needs to sort out the "wingers".

We are starting to have the makings of a decent squad. Sign up Walker, buy a left back and bring back Jimmy Milner and we will be challenging next year. And if Ash goes, can we please have N'Zogbia??

Just got back. Personally I thought that Baker looked pretty shaky and Gabby didn't give him enough help. Might be something to do with him being a striker rather than a winger. Downing was pretty poor tonight to me, he wasn't awful but one of his poorer appearances this season. Makoun looked off the pace and the game seemed to pass him by somewhat, although that's not a surprise considering how little time he's had with the team. He showed some nice touches though which is encouraging.

I also thought Young had one of his better games for a while and that seemed to be because he was drifting out wide. NRC and the two central defenders were also excellent, we look a lot more sturdy in defence now.

Nice win a bit on the back foot the last 15 minutes but overall great to win 2 on the trot for the first time is it? N'Zogbia swap for Downing though tbh if we could would be nice if lpool paid a nice fee for him

Â