Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Do we know that Makoun hasn't bothered learning the language?

Or could the fact that he's not been given a squad number be because there are still problems with him coming back into the country and the club don't want to give him a squad number incase he ends up being sold?

A player if his calibre.. should at least get a shot. I've loved every decision Lambert has made bar this one. Seems odd as he seems to suit Lamberts style of play.. I'm thinking its communication problems. He said makoun would get a chance. Makoun by all reports didn't fit in with the squad and doesn't speak English. Probably doesn't want to return... Yet he went to Greece? I wish we got some clarification.

There s no decision for Lambert to make. He isn't here. I am sure if his reasons are genuine - that Lambert will give him a chance.

However it seems highly probable that he won't return to us. I d be over the moon if we got £2m for him - but don't see a clamour of takers - looks like were writting of another £5m

@AVFCOfficial: Responding to fans queries, Jean II Makoun is No.17. Waiting for work permit issues to be cleared up. #AVFC

I still think its a load of nonsense myself

why would not having a permit restrict the club from posting what shirt number he could be wearing next season? his still an employee of aston villa, and id imagine his tax still goes into HMRC. load of hoss shit this is.

A player if his calibre.. should at least get a shot. I've loved every decision Lambert has made bar this one. Seems odd as he seems to suit Lamberts style of play.. I'm thinking its communication problems. He said makoun would get a chance. Makoun by all reports didn't fit in with the squad and doesn't speak English. Probably doesn't want to return... Yet he went to Greece? I wish we got some clarification.
So you reckon he should get a shot but that he probably doesn't want to return. That he hasn't bothered to learn the language yet you don't like Lambert's 'decision' on it? I think you're confused yet trying to twist it into a negative on Lambert. I won't say you're unique but you're certainly a dying breed :)

Nah not twisting nothing. I'm just confused. Shouldn't take a month to clear work permit for an international. Just seems suss. l like Lambert.. don't twist my confusion for negativity.

I really don't think the Makoun situation has anything whatsoever to do with Lambert tbh, I think it has everything to do with Makoun himself however. I also think the club are spinning a line to retain any transfer value he has (and that in itself is quite understandable) but personally I also dislike being told what to me are untruths, I find I have to question them, I can't help it.

I've searched the UKBA website and the FA's plus others with the rules on and not one mention of an instance where a player is loaned abroad and then not allowed back for the remainder of his UK contract, let's be honest, it makes no sense for an immigration issue to wipe out a UK based companies assets, the work permit is issued for the length of the players contract at the inception of said contract. It is also highly unlikely that a professional footballer would choose to stay in the UK to work beynd his contract and WP, he will usually have plenty of offers from elsewhere even if he no longer qualifies under UKBA rules. There is almost zero risk of a footballer (esp at PL level) turning into an illegal immigrant.

Can anyone ever remember an instance of a player with a UK contract ever being denied re-entry to the UK over an 8 month loan abroad? (during which he returned to uk at least twice during that period) I've seriously never heard of one and I genuinely suspect that the reason for that is because it can't happen. I've yet top see anything on UKBA's website for either tier 2 or 5 sportsmen that would indicate this, nor on the FA's either.

Problem could be he didn't meet the criteria of games while at villa for 6 months.. so it may be harder to renew it now.

He doesn't have to renew, the initial WP is issued for the length of his UK contract, it's clearly there on all the relevant websites including the UKBA's own.

i know it seems odd and i wouldn't discount there being something else going on but I do think we are getting carried away with the conspiracy theories.

i don't think Lambert would put up with any players going awol or hide the fact if they had.

Â