Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Has to be 4-2-3-1 IMO.

I don't think our Center Midfielders are strong enough to play as two. Should play three in the center but give two license to go forward when we're in possession.

------ Herd ---- Makoun -----

Nzogbia ---- Ireland ----- Albrighton

Something like that anyway.... With Ireland tracking back where he can.

Holman maybe instead of Albrighton?

I think we need pace out wide and I understand holman isn't the quickest.

I'd like us to sell albrighton, sign a decent winger and give carruthers more appearances.

I'm happy to give makoun another chance. Lambert is someone who will change formations and tactics quite a lot so makoun is someone who could offer options.

I think a player who did this against Utd deserves a second chance:

makoun_passing_map_vs_manutd.jpg

As I remember he completed more passes than both Utd players put together. Yeah he had a few bad games, everyone does, but given a good run of games if he manages to find some consistent form he could potentially be just what we need to get the best out of players like SI and N'Zog. Call me an optimist but I say give the lad a chance, it's not like we have a wealth of other options.

I wish people would stop making so much of his performance against Man U. They did beat us 3-1 with considerable ease, you know, so, however much he passed the ball around, Man U were presumably happy to let him do it because it was completely ineffectual.

I wish people would stop making so much of his performance against Man U. They did beat us 3-1 with considerable ease, you know, so, however much he passed the ball around, Man U were presumably happy to let him do it because it was completely ineffectual.

Spot on.

Spot on.

Yep, a decent league 1 player could pass the ball simple and sideways in the PL without having any effect.

However i dont think Makoun is just a safety player who only passes to the nearest free team-mate, i think he does play with some attacking intent.

I still think there could be a role for him to play at the club.

Rubbish. So one man makes a team now does it? Maybe the other 10 players had something to do with us losing?

The fact is in that game he was brilliant. Like to see more of him this season.

He was terrible in that game, really really bad.

Yep. That was the game I was referring to a few pages back where he looked almost stoned. Not saying he was, but...

All we know is he has played well for us and he has played poorly. He's back now and Lambert will assess him. If he has a use for him then I'm sure we'll see the best of Makoun. If not, we'll probably get rid. There's little point discussing a brief stint under a failed manager. He was good enough for Lyon before us and in his one season on loan from us he won the Greek League. It's fair to say we probably need a closer look at him in order to know exactly whether he can cut it in the Prem. I'd hope that he can, because if he can then he could be very useful under Lambert.

If Paul Lambert can get each player playing as a unit and above their ability like he's shown in the past I see no reason why Makoun couldn't succeed at Villa. He struggled in his first half season as we were shit and he was trying to adapt to the speed of the league while trying not to mess up as we were in a relegation battle.. I can see why he flopped under that pressure

I remember the Carling cup game last season he played in, Hereford I think it was, Makoun and Ireland were untouchable in the middle of the park. But yea I know it was only Hereford but he is a decent player, hope he does get a chance this season. Prove the doubters wrong :)
To be fair he was picked against Hereford and performed poorly before being sent out on loan.
He was terrible in that game, really really bad.
Bit of a difference of opinion on how he performed against Hereford. For what it's worth my recollection is he was pretty lifeless in that game.The Express and Star seemed to agree
Jean Makoun did little to suggest he is worth keeping

Â