Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Hardly tore the Greek league up then did he

Worth another go to give Herd some competition but not sure he's the midfield enforcer we need

I'd go after N'Dah personally

Pretty sure I remember him being left out because he was mostly garbage. His tackling stats were some of the worst in the Prem and definately the worst in the squad. He was average at best and that's pushing it a bit.

Not sure why the rose tinted glasses as he really was/is not good enough for us and I expect Lambert to see that quickly and get rid.

Pretty sure I remember him being left out because he was mostly garbage. His tackling stats were some of the worst in the Prem and definately the worst in the squad. He was average at best and that's pushing it a bit.

Not sure why the rose tinted glasses as he really was/is not good enough for us and I expect Lambert to see that quickly and get rid.

Most of our defence can't tackle either, well not without either injuring someone or conceding a penalty anyhow. Ashley Young couldn't make a tackle to save his life, I guess he was of no value to the midfield either?

Most of our defence can't tackle either, well not without either injuring someone or conceding a penalty anyhow. Ashley Young couldn't make a tackle to save his life, I guess he was of no value to the midfield either?

Remember that ONE tackle on Ronaldo where he lost the ball chased him down and slide in perfectly. I remember at the time thing, god Ronaldo would never do that.

Ashley Young was never touted as being a defensive midfielder as JM was. Ashley Young won lots of free kicks for us rather than giving lots away/getting booked/red carded having played only a handful of games.

In fact why am I replying as it is such a rediculous comparison, which I'm pretty sure you already know.

Wiki says he only made 12 appearances for Olympiakos
To be fair to him, I think that's only league appearances. When you add in domestic cup, CL and Europa Leagus games, I think his his total stats are: 17 starts (subbed off 10 times); brought on as sub 12 times; in squad, stayed on bench 18 times. He scored 2 goals in teh league and got 0 yellow or red cards.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for him to come good and really contribute tot he success of the team. I can't see it personally and I can't understand why people are bigging him up due to him doing nothing to merit it.

He looked decent against Man U, where they won at a canter and basically let him have the ball where it didn't hurt them. Other than that my memory of him was that he was awful at tackling. I posted his stats up at the time which proved he was awful but some still chose not to believe it.

Hope to be proved wrong..

Players that come straight from abroad need time to settle in. Makoun never got that. Such a shame really that he wasn't around last season because we'd at least have seen more of him and been able to get a better idea of how good he is.

we spent six million quid on this bloke and will not get anything like that in return. He could go on loan for the remainder of his contract and leave for nothing at the end or we could leave it to Lambert to see if he can get anything out of him. I go for option 2.

From the french meaning:

Mak = Over

Oun = Rated

From the ancient language of Gibberish:

ste = knows

ell = sweet fa

only Kidding!!!! :D

as opposed to

naz = prat

vfc = with no brains

:cry:

we spent six million quid on this bloke and will not get anything like that in return. He could go on loan for the remainder of his contract and leave for nothing at the end or we could leave it to Lambert to see if he can get anything out of him. I go for option 2.

Exactly, its far to simplistic to just say he isn`t good enough, we don`t know that. At times he looked top draw at times he looked crap.

Can`t just throw 6million quid plus wages down the toilet, give him another chance i say. Nobody is saying he`s the next pele but we should try and get a decent season out of him at least.

Â