Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I am slo pleased the season is over, we can get excited again! That team looks so much better than what we had this sason and the best thing about it is we only need to buy one player to make it happen!

Ive said it before - Makoun, Ireland and N'Zogbia in the same midfield as someone like Diame would be a really good midfield imo. With Bent up top and maybe Holman on the right.

Like this?

Holman ------- Bent ---- N'Zogbia

-------- Makoun --- Ireland -------

--------------- Diame --------------

Warnock - Clark - Dunne - Lichaj

---------------- Given --------------

If Martinez was in charge, this could be a formation he'd play. I've put Holman left wing because I think Martinez preferred Zog on the right.

This could be interesting

Except with a very different defense. After everything that has happened this year it would be pretty upsetting to see Warnock as our starting full back next year.

When he scored that og I have never been so clear that a player was trying to ruin us from the inside.

Ive said it before - Makoun, Ireland and N'Zogbia in the same midfield as someone like Diame would be a really good midfield imo. With Bent up top and maybe Holman on the right.

Like this?

Holman ------- Bent ---- N'Zogbia

-------- Makoun --- Ireland -------

--------------- Diame --------------

Warnock - Clark - Dunne - Lichaj

---------------- Given --------------

If Martinez was in charge, this could be a formation he'd play. I've put Holman left wing because I think Martinez preferred Zog on the right.

That's a quality squad minus Warnock and Dunne

I was just trying to make a team with the least amount of changes possible, to be honest! Too many changes make it look a bit... 'Football Manager'-esque!

I agree with getting rid of Warnock. Dunne I'm not sure about. At times he is a liability, but at others he makes excellent last ditch tackles (as can Collins, on his day). I've got a feeling that Hutton will be kept. Martinez (or whoever) will probably see enough in him to work with. There are more important changes that we need to make.

Diame? No offense, but sometimes I wonder whether people pay attention to other teams. Diame hasn't made Wigan's starting-eleven for a while.

That is really no indication of his ability as he's been injured for a good portion of the season up until about 6 or 7 games from the end of the season.

hmmm, surprised so many are desperate for him back

other than some snappy passing in his early games, he looks pretty average to me, and game by game rather than getting better he seemed to be getting worse...

granted he didnt have much time, and I havent got a clue how he has done in Greece. Im assuming from the way people are talking here he has been playing very well?

Diame, good player, will only get better, big lad , over 6 foot. Still young. Free transfer. Probably get around £18-22k. It's not really that big a risk. Would work well in a DM partnership with Herd/ Makoun. Makoun with his passing range I see as one of our starting midfielders next season.

Minus holman, if we get martinez and just buy Moses.. he's better than holman anyway.. Have him cutting in.

because you've watched loads of holman's matches and know this based on ACTUAL first hand knowledge? or is it because holman was a guy youve never heard of who signed on a free?

victor moses is not the level of player we should be looking at

Seems to me that some on here are underrating Holmans potential. The goal or two in South Africa were not his only qualities, and his positioning, tackling and passing were not highlighted on the youtube videos.

Seems he`s hit the roof in the Eerendivision, and is looking to step up to a bigger league, although the players in Holland are generaly bigger than most European leagues. Time to actually give the man a chance before comming out with prejudgements as fact.

Minus holman, if we get martinez and just buy Moses.. he's better than holman anyway.. Have him cutting in.

because you've watched loads of holman's matches and know this based on ACTUAL first hand knowledge? or is it because holman was a guy youve never heard of who signed on a free?

victor moses is not the level of player we should be looking at

Do you not rate Victor Moses 'P3te?'

I actually think we should sign him as he has been excellent for Wigan. Cue the N'Zogbia retorts. :winkold:

I rate Victor moses. But putting him in a team with Ireland, NZogbia and Bent would be a nightmare imo no team players, not massive work ethic and when they do try it's usually for themselves. You need a bit of that in a team. But 4 of them would be a horror story imo

For Aussie Villains Makoun has been named in the squad for Olympiakos' friendly against Melbourne Victory on Saturday night. Mellberg has also been included.

I would have thought that was proof enough that he was never going to be back at VT, new manager or not. The season's over he really shouldn't be playing in end of season exhibition matches at the end of a loan period.

Â