Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun [AVFC.co.uk] : "In France, if you're sent off it's a one-match ban, with perhaps another match added in too. When I first heard it was three games (after he was sent off), I thought 'what, you're joking?"

thats ridiculous, he should have been aware of three match ban for a red card long before his first kick for Villa... i'm not saying its his fault but someone should explain that to him before.

Maybe it was the language barrier.... oh!

Makoun [AVFC.co.uk] : "In France, if you're sent off it's a one-match ban, with perhaps another match added in too. When I first heard it was three games (after he was sent off), I thought 'what, you're joking?"

thats ridiculous, he should have been aware of three match ban for a red card long before his first kick for Villa... i'm not saying its his fault but someone should explain that to him before.

Maybe it was the language barrier.... oh!

you dont have to be a genius.. oh!

V Poor against Blackpool

Harsh if you're just basing it on him getting sent off.

He won the ball that lead to Gabby's ball and he also intercepted it which lead to Downing being through on goal.

From what I've seen he's a good player and certainly hasn't played anywhere near as poorly as Bradley was against City.

V Poor against Blackpool

Harsh if you're just basing it on him getting sent off.

He won the ball that lead to Gabby's ball and he also intercepted it which lead to Downing being through on goal.

From what I've seen he's a good player and certainly hasn't played anywhere near as poorly as Bradley was against City.

I'd love to see him when he plays very well put it that way! He always seemed to be the man who started off the pass or made the interception that led to something, we haven't had a player who could do that in many years.

I really dont understand why it matters, it seems to me that hes happy to make challenges like that on the basis that he'd only cost us one match instead of three. A stupid challenge and no excuses.

He should have been aware, but do you really think it would have made a difference? I don't think you go in for tackle thinking "only a one match ban". On the other hand, do you really want to make your tackling midfielder's so risk averse that they don't do their job properly?

He's a hack and slash midfielder in a lovely golf jumper.

He could pass anything. Car keys, sachet bags of cocaine, childrens shoes, anything. The man is like one of the tennis ball firers, constantly pinging stuff around. And FTR he was class against Fulham as well, made a good pass to set up Downing for our first goal.

He should have been aware, but do you really think it would have made a difference? I don't think you go in for tackle thinking "only a one match ban". On the other hand, do you really want to make your tackling midfielder's so risk averse that they don't do their job properly?

Putting in a tackle that earns a sending off is hardly "doing their job properly"

The most interesting aspect of this for me was how much more lenient punishment for sending off is in the French League. How does that work? You would think there should be common standards across the main leagues.

No, but in that part of the pitch surely hard tackling is part of the job and when those are mistimed or poor then a red card is an occupational hazard, basically? I wouldn't want him scared of tackling in case he mistimes it and gets a suspension.

The real skill of tackling in that area is to do it effectively without fouling and certainly without commiting an offence. By what he did, maybe Makoun was (a) shpwing he isn't so good at tackling yet or (B) knew he had no hope of a clean tackle but went in anyway, thinking the harshest punishhment wouldn't be so bad.

Only time will tell if (a) true but if it was (B) I hope he's learnt a lesson once and for all.

He's good on FIFA, therefore give him a 6 year contract.

[/thread]

I thought he was quite average on this years FIFA . (Which must mean he's crap bladz) :D

To be fair, I've just started playing FIFA again after a couple of months off with the new squad updates. Villa are immense on it so that's warped my view!

He's good on FIFA, therefore give him a 6 year contract.

[/thread]

I thought he was quite average on this years FIFA . (Which must mean he's crap bladz) :D

To be fair, I've just started playing FIFA again after a couple of months off with the new squad updates. Villa are immense on it so that's warped my view!

My mate was playing on his league and I noticed Villa were 3rd (he was controlling Chelsea) :shock: What are we doing wrong, eh?

My mate was playing on his league and I noticed Villa were 3rd (he was controlling Chelsea) :shock: What are we doing wrong, eh?

:lol:

We need to adopt a formation I invented; the all conquering 2-2-6. Set the defence to play the highest line possible, with plenty of width/crosses and lots of shooting at every possible opportunity.

██████████████ GK ██████████████

███████ CB ███████████ CB ███████

██████ RDM ███████████ LDM ██████

████████ RF ██████████ LF ████████

█ RW ███████████████████████ LW █

████████ RS ██████████ LS ████████

Then Houllier can just sim every game and still win 5-3. :thumb:

He hasn't played enough games yet for anyone to get a real worthwhile opinion.

lots of speculation which is great to turn you on.

no substance yet.

Hope he is a real gem.....yet to see it.

you must've missed fulham at home then tro because he absolutely dominated, he is a top drawer player who has played in cl for years, we're lucky to have him, i think we as fans should make the most of him being here because he could get in any team in world football, i think he is that good

Â