The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General,

For me Darren Bent can have any number he wants on his back, give him number 1 if he wants it.

On another note, anychance of letting us in on any sponsor/shirt news?

Also - where are you? Not seen you in this thread for way over a week, I hope all is okay! We are going to send search and rescue out for you soon.. :)

Hi General,

Just wondering if Gerard will be at our final game on Sunday? Not from a management perspective but at least to watch our last game of the season and a chance to possibly say farewell to the Villa fans and also to the Liverpool fans. I know he got a lot of stick earlier in the season for the Anfield fiasco, and rightly so I feel, but I think it could do him the world of good to be at the game and have fans from both sides supporting him. I would be very surprised if anyone gave him stick given his recent condition, particularly as Sunday's game is pressure free for all. Admittedly it would most likely result in lots of speculation but I would hope to see him at the game in the crowd with RL.

General,

Having flirted with relegation this year, you must appreciate the tension and stress it can bring upon a team - I can barely imagine the heartache and pain that actually dropping out of the league would cause.

So it's at times like this that our heart goes out to those who are suffering.

I wondered if you had any words of comfort for David Gold?

Greetings General,

First off great result over the weekend!

Secondly, I wanted to purchase a season ticket for the upcoming season, but the pricing structure has presented a major issue. For the tickets, Students cost 80 pound more than the Young Adult tickets. Being a student who has just turned 22, I will have to fork over quite a bit more money if I want season tickets and being a student and all I do not think I could even afford that rise. I really think that for ticket prices, students and young adults should be grouped together and it would help bring in more students to Villa Park who realistically could not afford it otherwise.

Cheers General

General Krulak here:

1. Sorry I have been off line for such a long time...it had nothing to do with the state of play....just having to work some things out.

2. Re. the relegation battle: I agree with all the Fans...it is something I do NOT want to deal with again...and I can assure you that Randy is NOT keen to see it again either!!!! I am not sure my heart or my ulcer could take it again.

3. Bent was HUGE for us this year...simple as that. We had many lads step up during the season when we needed them but none more than Bent. His two goals at the Emirates were simply an explanation point on his season.

4. As you might imagine, most kit sponsors were watching our relegation situation closely before making their move. We WILL have a sponsor and we will have our kit out on time.

5. I will be at Villa Park for the Liverpool game...walking about and visiting the stands. Please come on up and say hello. I realize that it has been a very tough season and my hat is off to the Fans who stuck with us during the very bad times. There is NO question, the Fan support in the last month or so was CRITICAL!! If you ever wondered whether Fans make a difference, well, stop wondering...they do!!!!!

5. I will be at Villa Park for the Liverpool game...walking about and visiting the stands. Please come on up and say hello. I realize that it has been a very tough season and my hat is off to the Fans who stuck with us during the very bad times. There is NO question, the Fan support in the last month or so was CRITICAL!! If you ever wondered whether Fans make a difference, well, stop wondering...they do!!!!!

General, this is fantastic news. It's great to see you back and hope everything is ok in your world!

General,

Can you give any indication as to when an announcement/statement is to be made by the club in terms of the managerial situation?

Is Mr Houllier likely to be attending the game on Sunday?

Regards

Mark

Hey General,

Welcome back, good to see you still on here.

I'm glad its nearly the end of the season, and while I enjoed the win at Arsenal, I see nothing to celebrate in merely having achieved PL survival, to my mind AV are bigger than that and should be celebrating regular trophy wins and high league finishes, and not just be happyt o accept PL survival.

Are you able to say when we will be told about the managerial situation for next season, or is the decision solely in GH's hands, based on how he feels?

I have renewed my season ticket for next year, but hope we wont have another season like this, but if we have a manager who is prone to health concerns, is that best and fair on him, and on the team/club?

Thanks

Hi General.

Hopefully this is an easy question for you to answer.

I was looking at the club shop online and see that we do framed pictures, and have got the DB debut one on order, but do we still keep old stock as im after this one that we sold previously, if so do you have a name and number so i could order it.

Here is the one im after and hope they have somewhere in storage.

0,,10265~3648400,00.jpg

Cheers

General, if Houllier does retire, let him be on the touchline via Liverpool - it would be a fitting send off for a great man and manager.

If Houllier stays, great - get on with pre-season prep

Either way, make the announcement as soon as a decision is made!

Hi General!

I did have an issue with tickets which i purchased for the Liverpool game through "viagogo" the ticket exchange site although happily this has now been resolved after several discussions with the club ticket office .. so rather than waste your time i have deleted this post!

Many thanks to the ticket office for all their help in resolving this.

General,

Firstly, welcome back, I was becoming a little concerned at your absence as I know that you are not one to disappear during difficult times.

Can I draw your attention to my previous posting, see below, about the recent Villa golf day. You may be able to get an answer to my query whilst at VP over the weekend.

I hope you are looking forward to this weekend as much as I am!!

Bully

General,

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to why at the Villa golf day on Tuesday, for which I paid a substantial sum to bring along some very disappointed clients, there were none of the first team squad in attendance either to play golf or at the dinner. It was very disappointing and totally unacceptable.

I was told by a member of the coaching staff that the decision was made that the players would concentrate on football matters...... I would like to know who was coaching them as all the coaching staff were there!

Unfortunately I have been unable to voice my disappointment to the commercial dept as my calls dont seem to be getting through. Please feel free to PM if required.

Bully

General

Pleased you will be back at Villa Park. Will Randy be attending ?

I look forward to our manager situation being sorted. If Gerard decides not to return as manager, maybe he would consider another role at Villa ? If he decides to return as manager then at least he will have time and support to build in pre season.

General,

Are you aware that the Lord himself, Paul McGrath, is in Birmingham at a couple of functions for the next couple of days? Have any plans been made, or can they be made, to get him to VP on Sunday? God at VP on the sabbath would be superb and trust me it would be something that Randy and yourself would not forget.

Bully

Gen

Don't know if you would have time to implement this or not, but an idea for you anyway:

Perhaps the big screen could display a live league table on Sunday during periods of the match? If Birmingham enter the bottom 3 at any point, it would make for some fairly good entertainment.

Many Thanks

Paul