The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General, as a 21 year old student my season ticket will cost just upwards of £450 next season. As with a previous poster i compared our prices to those down at the Sty and it surprised me to see the a student ticket with a comparable view is only £230.

I have no qualms with paying more, indeed we have far superior facilities, better players etc and you don't have to sit with the scum of society but i think the gulf in price is bordering on ridiculous.

Dont quite understand how a Young Adult [who could have a full time job] has cheaper tickets than a Student or somebody in the Armed Forces? As Armed Forces/Students have less guaranteed time/less money [in general] than a typical 18-21 yr old..

The payment plans seem great though

Guest villantoby

General,

Please don't let Houllier's ill heath affect your decision at the end of the season. I'm concerned you may show him too much sympathy. Randy MUST be ruthless.

Regards,

Toby

General,

Just back from Villa Park. We were woeful. Two games to go and still not mathematically safe is a disgrace. We look likely to finish with our joint ever worst Premier League points total - 42 points. Our next lowest was 45. Both the management teams who led us to these poultry amounts were relieved of their duties. I trust that the current management team are about to meet the same fate. A squad of players easily good enough to finish top 8 supplemented with potentially 30 mill of players in January finding itself in a relegation battle is an absolute disgrace.

In one season from our highest ever Prem points total to potentially and likely our joint lowest is a disgrace.

With season ticket prices increasing after the tripe served up this season I trust major action is about to be taken on the management side or else expect sales to be well down.

By the way fans were very good today and tried our best to do what the management have failed to do all season - inspire the players.

Mark

Gerneral,

Simply nowhere near good enough, in fact we couldnt be any further from where we need to be if we tried to be this poor. The current management needs to go as soon as the final whistle is blown in two weeks. I know it, the majority if not all of the fan base knows it, Im sure away from these sites and the prying eyes you know it. Do what needs to be done General, please.

UTV.

General,

Not sure if you're a gambling man or not, but would you be happy to risk another season of putting our PL status on the line?

It takes a bigger man to admit his wrongs and try to put them right than to "hope it comes good", because if the current management are in charge next term it's literally a roll of the dice. There has been ZERO evidence to suggest that they can take us even level with MONs team, let alone exceed it.

I'm not angry the Villa board have made a mistake, we're all in this together, everyone makes mistakes. However I do trust that these mistakes are being noted.

General.

The team today looked devoid of a game plan, they lacked spark and effort, there was no movement or passion....and to play this way when we still arent mathematically safe from relegation is an absolute scandal and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of the managent staff. Iwas willling to give GH and GM a chance this season, but I fear the worst if we persevere with their regime.

I hope you are well.

Dan.

Gen,

If Mr Gary 'Charisma' McAllister is to remain in charge for the final two games, could you please tell him he is allowed to make a substitution now and again and to keep ash on the wings.

Cheers.

Evening General.

I'm not here to request that the management be relieved of there duties as i believe that the right decision will be taken to correct there shambles of this season, if not any half decent players we had or ideas of attracting better players will be gone.

I was never for GH from the start and stated that on this thread, i also said that for to long AVFC was a big team that liked to think small and this wonderful season has only gone to prove that further, you didnt agree previously with that comment but it still stands and the longer we persist with the current management it will remain.

Also after the last game of every season the players do a lap of honour, can i request that this year it is abandoned as there has been nothing honourable about this season, and for the safety of the players and management team, i'd say it would be suicidial for them to do so this year.

General, i'd like to ask you why would anybody buy new a season tickets with the tripe that the management team is serving up to them. Yous guys came to AstonVilla with all guns blazing and imo right now all you's have managed to do is turn us into a laughing stock with your poor manager appointment and poor coaching staff, i wasn't a fan of MON myself, but some of the blame yous shift on him is bloody laughable. i'm getting to the stage where i'm looking forword to you's and Houllier getting the hell out of this great club.. i hope Randy is happy with his mess.

Hello General,

Not going to have a moan about today because it's been discussed to death. I've got a suggestion for season tickets - I know the info has been released already but maybe one for next year - how about a long term season ticket?

For example Newcastle do a ten-year season ticket on a price freeze and my mate pays around £40 a month for 10 years. This is something I would definitely be up for doing and I know a few other people who would aswell. Perhaps it's something the club could look into as we have long term fans who would like to commit their future to supporting the club.

Thanks

General,

At this stage last season we were still in the mix for 4th and eventually finished with our highest ever points total from a 38 game Premiership season.

Now we find ourselves still with the possibility of being relegated on 42 points which equals our lowest ever 38 game Premiership points total with Arsenal and Liverpool to play.

Only major differences in personnel are that we no longer have James Milner and have signed Darren Bent, Stephen Ireland and Jean Makoun. We therefore have arguably a stronger squad especially when you factor in the coming of age of the likes of Clark and Albrighton.

Of course there is another major difference between this season and last and that is in the management and coaching staff.

It couldn't be more obvious General where the problem lies and where changes are needed. Please make them.

Mark

General, I want to add to my previous post.

The top three "posts" on this forum right now are

1) One about the manager and the argument that he has to go.

2) One about the possible replacement for the manager (some are arguing they have no faith in the board over recruitment)

3) A thread worrying about possible relegation.

That alone sums up this season and why we CANNOT go forward with this group in charge. Get the message to Randy, it is no good having a manager in charge who has a large percentage of the fan base against him.

Thank you again.