The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

Hi General,

I've never posted on this thread before, but frankly, I'm embarassed by some of the comments posted by my fellow Villa supporters. I suggest you take a break from the messageboard for a while. Whether we are relegated or not, it is clear the hostile postings, some of which are little more than loaded questions, will continue.

Even through these difficult times, I know myself and friends still support the board.

General,

Why wasn't Randy at the game on Saturday our most important in a long time? and is he aware of how hostile the reaction was - by far the worst I've seen towards a manager in 30 years of going to VP.

Will Randy be over any time soon and is he likely to be at Goodison and at VP for the Newcastle game?

Mark

Hi General,

I will keep this short. (Shorter now I've removed some of the nonsense from it - OBE)

Do the board speak to ALL the coaching staff on their reasoning for this disaster?

No?

I strongly suggest that you do, since one coach as let it be known, that the players no longer wish to play for the manager, and more telling, saying we are as good as down.

Seems that its not only the player and the Fans General, seem a lot of distinguished people within the club are saying the same, which brings me to my second question.

If you do speak to your coaches and people whom love this club, whyy has their voice not been taken onboard?

General, will Randy ever come out and speak to the fans?

If there was ever a time for the fans to be reassured that everything was being done to prevent the relegation and proper running of our club, it's now, what we don't need is an absentee landlord.

If the board are so cock sure that GH is the right appointment for our club, is there any chance they could come out and explain exactly why they're so confident he's the right man for the job.

Asked on behalf of Avfcfenton

Ticket prices

Hello i wanted to ask you about the ticket prices for games. I was wondering if you could lower ticket prices for certain games for example at wigan at home we all know we wont even sell out and might even be the lowest attendance of the season. As am i season ticket holder at the age of 14 i would love to take my dad down to the game to spend time with him but he hasnt got a spare £35quid for a ticket in the holte. I was wondering if you could do a deal for season ticket holders so they can bring a friend to sit with them for a reduced price.

By doing this you would increase more fans coming to the game and as we are in a relegation battle you need as much support as possible.

So please reduct ticket prices !

General, I saw the local paper where you will be the new President of Birmingham Southern. It's a small school, but it has a huge academic reputation. I was more than a little shocked, but after thinking about it, Villa fans in Alabama are few and far between so, when you are next in town, I'll buy at Dreamland (Famous Bar-b-q place... not what it sounds like). I can also give you the run down on the local football scene, including the soccer programs at Southern. But since it's supposed to be a question...

Can I come to your place on campus and watch Villa matches that aren't televised?

Hi General

I see a lot of people on here saying that they are going to "vote with their feet" on the continued backing of GH by the board by not attending games until his tenure as Aston Villa manager has come to an end. Whilst I understand that stance & the emotion behind it I have a different opinion.

I'm in a position to be lucky enough to be a season ticket holder & attend more than a few away games so this is what i will do:

I will attend every game between now & the end of GH's tenure!! In doing so i will channel all of my enegry into calling for GH to be sacked & I will not rest until he is. For those who will criticise saying i should get behind the team then allow me to answer that criticism before it comes. I believe that the removal of GH is key to the team / club surviving not only this season but in seasons to come & that by not resting until he is gone is my duty to the club / team that i love.

The board may be behind GH but last Saturday General was not just the fans saying that the team need to improve on the pitch but that regardless of what GH does from now on, the fans of Aston Villa do not like him, trust him nor want him any longer as manager of Aston Villa. That will not change General. The board will ignore that at their detriment!!!

I commented on this thread in December that if GH was manager of Aston Villa in May then we would be a championship club in August & that only one person would be to blame despite all the amazing things he has done for Aston Villa & its fans since he took over RANDY. I still hold that belief.

My question is General.......How long can the board afford to ignore the voice of the foundation that this club is built on.....the fans???

Hi General,

I like the way the rags have quoted you for the Everton game. I hope our players have read this and go out there and follow your instructions :D

My question is this General; whose idea was it to recruit Gerard Houllier as our manager? I know that Randy has ultimate power but who made the first approach? Did Houllier approach us about the vacant position or did someone from our club, such as Paul Faulkner, approach Houllier to see if he was interested in the job etc? It would be interesting to know how that developed.

Maybe it's just that I'm American but that little statement you made General got me pumped. Forget all this backroom drama, we need to see these players giving it their all, for the badge and each other.

General,

Local reporters have just informed Aston Villa fans through Twitter that Gerard Houllier will not be talking to the press this week. Why is this? In the most important week of Villa's recent history why is the club hiding away? Why is Houllier not going to give answers to the fans? I hope this is a sign that he is starting to crack and should we lose at Goodison Park to Everton that he will admit defeat and resign.

Can you please tell us the reasoning for Houllier not talking to the press this week and answering the biggest question Aston Villa have needed to answer in recent times; "What is going on at Villa Park?"

It appears the club is ignoring the fans yet again and I want to know why!

Hi General;

As the board are clearly not listening to the fans and keeping Gerard in a job where pretty much everyone around him hates him, don't you think this is the time that he mans up and walks into the dressing room and wipes everyone's slate clean if only for the remaining 8 games of the season. This includes Collins, Dunne and Warnock. Our defence is a disgrace at the moment, and we pretty much need everyone available. This is time to let personal disagreements pass for the future of this great club.

Also, what does the board think about the growing concern from fans about the lack of football knowledge at board level. Since Martin left, this has become more and more clear than ever. We all know Martin ran pretty much everything on a football level, i and others do agree that we do need someone on the board whos a football man. At the moment its clear that neither the Chairman, or the Chief Executive ( or the manager) know enough about the game, and that worries me.

Yours worryingly

Gary.

General,

This is a question more to the club than yourself. It might be something you might totally avoid and it's perfectly fine if you do. It's just an idea I had has been as the fan base seems so upset with the club and it's apparent decision to stick by Gerard Houllier against the will of a vast number of fans.

I, along with a lot of fans, believe that it may be a bit of a gamble with our Premier League status by keeping faith in GH. Therefore, how would the club like a wager? The bet is quite simple. We have some kind of thread on here where those who wish to take part agree to the wager and to honour the bet. Either that or have something on the offical club site where fans can take part in the agreement etc.

The bet:

If Villa stay up, and we all hope we do, the fans who take part each have to donate say £20-£25 to a charity of the club's choice, possibly Acorns?

If the unthinkable happens and we get relegated :cry: the club gives each fan who takes part the new Home or Away shirt for next season when it comes out.

What do you think General? I am sure that all Villa fans would gladly part with £20 knowing that it's going to a good cause and it's as a result of us staying in the Premier League.

Winning the bet would be terrible for the fans and club the club but at least there would be something for the fans to soften the blow.

Personally, I hope that such a bet would mean a great big pay day for a local charity.

As we've previously asked. No more Houllier stuff unless the situation changes. and please stop discusing issues on this thread. It's for raising issues and question/Answer with the Club, not each other. Thanks

Hey General,

How does the reality of being involved in a Premiership (still, just) team compare with your perceptions/notions of it? Is the experience all you hoped, or do you often times wonder how it can all work?

Ta!

I know you have read many posts General over the last few days, but in all seriousness - do we have plans in place for if we get relegated? The financial losses would be immense, let alone the mass exodus of players!