Break Ups ( need to vent! )

Rodders

Well, it's been just over 4 months since I split from my ex-fiancée. Things are going OK. Playing football once a week, bowling twice a week (league on Wednesday), gyming once or twice a week, quit smoking (90 days now, booyah) and I've got my apartment back to how it was.

Spoke to her, probably twice. Once at Christmas via text (just a happy Xmas) and once about 3 weeks ago (just thanking me for dropping her post off). Other than that haven't heard from her.

So yeah, I'm doing more fun stuff, seeing my mates more and getting fitter. Can't grumble at that.

Nice one Dante, I have to say that since breaking up with my gf (last Thursday) I've felt like I've had more freedom to book away games/ watch footy/ do what I want etc.

I'm sure that'll all be good until I want a girlfriend again!

Winner winner, chicken dinner. Turned out quite well for you by the sounds of it! I'd love some more time to myself but know the gf would go nuts if I started playing more footy or XBOX than I already do! :(

Knocked it on the head with the hottie today. She is lovely and everything but she is just a bit too loud and out there for me and im probs too boring for her :P Plus it made work awkward as our manager found out and was being a bellend about it.

Think we will get on better as just friends with benefits.

Ha, that would be what you would expect wouldnt it :P

Well, it wasnt even really a break up as we'd only been seeing each other a few weeks. Just a bit if fun while it lasted. It was the work dynamics that kind if dictated the eventual outcome.

POB, you have such a way with words and painting a picture of a situation that the modern age has lost somewhat. Bravo!

Its true though, im quite proud of myself knowing she took all of my 2 inches of fury!

• 1 month later...

Right! It's been about a 6 weeks since splitting up with my ex, time for a VT update in the break-ups thread.

I'm currently unsure of whether I want another girlfriend yet, or not! I love having lots of time to myself/ football/ my band.. but also, from seeing my ex every other night.. I now feel at a bit of a loose end at times (hence my additional hours on VillaTalk :lol:)

^^^ That's normal. Give it more time. You don't want to end up in another relationship "just because", and please don't do anything silly like backtrack with the ex. And you should probably try to remedy seeing the ex asap. I know it's all easier said than done but just don't give in. Focus on yourself a bit longer before you go looking elsewhere. *all just my opinion obviously* good luck.

its been 3 1/2 months for me and i'm still more than happy being single, indeed, I'm happy to keep it that way for a few more months yet! I'd agree with the above, keep up the being dedicated to you time. Keep lots of space from the ex as well imo

I drove passed one of my ex's houses last night and had the experience of seeing her noshing off a taxi driver just round the corner from it.

Talk about a lucky escape. Wonder how many times she did that whilst we were going out.

I drove passed one of my ex's houses last night and had the experience of seeing her noshing off a taxi driver just round the corner from it.

Talk about a lucky escape. Wonder how many times she did that whilst we were going out.

Seems like a classy bird Dante.

Â