Break Ups ( need to vent! )

Rodders

Me and my girlfriend broke up tonight. A strange one as there was no arguing, a minimum amount of tears and we were both very friendly and civil. We're going to try and be friends, but I've not known that to work too often.

Any thoughts on the 'stay friends after you've broken up' thing?

Im going ahead with it for obvious reasons but its thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, never dated a mentally unstable girl before. Could be fun!

Trust me it's not fun.............don't go there

Me and my girlfriend broke up tonight. A strange one as there was no arguing, a minimum amount of tears and we were both very friendly and civil. We're going to try and be friends, but I've not known that to work too often.

Truthfully? It's bollocks mate.

Well, they never stay friends with me. Probably because I'm usually a grade A piece of shit to them in the end.

Its great until one of you **** someone else, then the shit hits the fan.

Mental unstable girls......dont go there ffs, when they 'have one' they have the perfect excuse for outrageous behaviour.

It can work but it's rare. You both have to be apart for a while to start off. I mean no hanging out or talking. Then you have to find that time period when you are over dating one another but not over caring. Then start hanging out now and again. Just be careful that one of you doesn't decide you want the other back. It's usually not worth it in the end. But again, it can work.

If you're both genuinely "over" each other, then it can work.

But if one or both of you are still interested then it probably won't work without someone getting hurt.

If you're both genuinely "over" each other, then it can work.

But if one or both of you are still interested then it probably won't work without someone getting hurt.

That's what I've said to her. I've always thought that saying "we'll remain friends" is something that people say just to make the break-up not seem so final. But she does have a few things going on at home and wants someone to be able to support her (not financially! just a person to turn to). So I am going to try my best to make it work, as friends.

Â