Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

maloneyt

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting line-up. Should be Downing over Pires tho, by a mile.

Someone over Pires - yes. Downing - NO for me he has to start putting in a shift and working for the team, which means tackling and supporting his fullback when the opposition have the ball, he does neither.

So I reckon it'll be Bannan out wide left with NRC and Pires in the centre; Ash 'free' role.

You joking? Downing works extremely hard and supports his full back?

This.

Downing's been our best player this season imo.

Until December came around he was head and shoulders above the rest BUT since then he's dropped off a lot, indeed I cheer every time he tackles and I cannot remember the last one. It is THE area of his game he needs to improve, a midfielder that isn't tackling is a luxury we cannot afford.

I'd have had Ireland in for Petrov and Bannan for Downing.

Very interesting line-up. Should be Downing over Pires tho, by a mile.

Someone over Pires - yes. Downing - NO for me he has to start putting in a shift and working for the team, which means tackling and supporting his fullback when the opposition have the ball, he does neither.

So I reckon it'll be Bannan out wide left with NRC and Pires in the centre; Ash 'free' role.

You joking? Downing works extremely hard and supports his full back?

This.

Downing's been our best player this season imo.

Until December came around he was head and shoulders above the rest BUT since then he's dropped off a lot,

He has - a lot of jogging back without urgency, little interest in supporting the players around him - Gabby was the same in a couple of games as well.