Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

maloneyt

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting line-up. Should be Downing over Pires tho, by a mile.

Someone over Pires - yes. Downing - NO for me he has to start putting in a shift and working for the team, which means tackling and supporting his fullback when the opposition have the ball, he does neither.

So I reckon it'll be Bannan out wide left with NRC and Pires in the centre; Ash 'free' role.

Looking at our midfield NRC needs to take a lot of responsibility today.

The rest of the midfield look very lightweight!

It's similar to the Fulham midfield that started and arguably that was our best away performance of the season in terms of the football we played.

Someone over Pires - yes. Downing - NO for me he has to start putting in a shift and working for the team, which means tackling and supporting his fullback when the opposition have the ball, he does neither.

So I reckon it'll be Bannan out wide left with NRC and Pires in the centre; Ash 'free' role.

I agree Downing has been poor of late, but aside from moving Ash there (which Ash appears to be refusing to do) what else can we play there? BB isn't suited to a wing role.

Looking at our midfield NRC needs to take a lot of responsibility today.

The rest of the midfield look very lightweight!

It's similar to the Fulham midfield that started and arguably that was our best away performance of the season in terms of the football we played.

NRC must have done OK that day then! :winkold:

You joking? Downing works extremely hard and supports his full back?

I agree Downing has been poor of late, but aside from moving Ash there (which Ash appears to be refusing to do) what else can we play there? BB isn't suited to a wing role.

For me, I'd play Ireland, give him a chance or Delfouneso up top.

IF you were to drop Downing.

I agree, Downing has been the best of a bad bunch this season, don't forget he's our top scorer aswell, I'm sure he'll play some part in this game, probably most of the second half coming on for Pires.

This.

Downing's been our best player this season imo.