Who do you believe is at fault for this situation

paulanddonya

Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?

• Martin O'Neill - he left us in it, with a aging and expensive squad
    • Randy Lerner - has he done a Doug, got us so far, then cut all spending
    • The players - could they do better but are refusing to do so as they love Martin
    • Gerard Houllier - is he just killing us

i tilting blame to randy,4 years in a 5 year project then pulled the plug so mon walked. cashing in on our best players every season FACT, (will happen again with ash).

Didn't sell our best player in 06/07, 07/08, 08/09.

Only best player we've sold is Milner and that's because he wanted to go a club who will probably win the league in 3 years and be playing Champions League football next year aswell as getting double wages. Didn't Tevez reject United for City? didn't, Adebayor and Toure leave Arsenal for City. Even the biggest clubs have missed out. Everton lost Lescott. Inter lost Balotelli. Valencia, Silva. Let's be honest here, Man City are a machine that can out bid, out spend and give wages no one else in world football can give.

Anyone who remembers the 08/09 season without having an agenda would have took £12 million for Barry, he was sometimes brilliant but most of the time pretty average, especially when you compare him to the 07/08 where he was absolute magic. 08/09, a couple great games but mostly looked pretty poor in my view and was outshone by Petrov his central midfield partner.

last year.. best player milner..sold,year before barry..sold.this year ash young..linked to liverpool/utd, the barry thing was dragged out for another 12months hence he was the best player for 2 years

I could understand him being responsible for some early poor results but some still blame him for our last result.

Theres been enough time to get over him going now, redknapp is a perfect example of a new manager not needing the no pre season excuse.

You gotta give credit to the club PR, though, as more than a third of the people who voted still think MON is the reason for our downfall despite him being away for more than 4 months.

I could understand it if people say he should bear part of the responsibility, he does, however more than all of the people who are still at the club? This is beyond gullible and naive.

Won't be surprised if next season there are quite a lot of people still blaming him for not being able to get back to the upper part of the table, provided we stay up, of course.

That, is one well oiled PR department. Respect.

folk who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones....no you are quite right, he can't be blamed forever, but its his team and his players.....shows how shallow it all was.

was you expecting Martin O'Neills departure and Martin O'Neills brother to get the job to make it right.....He walked mate after spending huge sums.

MON walked out because he didn't fancy the challenge any more, GH takes over and tries to change it too quickly, the players revolt as they've got so used to MON, Randy stays quiet, leaving GH to fight it through on his own, GH could be more sensitive to the players needs etc.

A series of different issues have caused us to be in the current predicament. In my humble opinion of course.

MON walked out because he didn't fancy the challenge any more,
Nobody has any idea why MON walked out. There has been no credible explanation offered by him or anyone else at the club.

So I think it would help lower the temperature of many exchanges at present if people would stop offering as fact what can only be speculation from a particular point of view.

It obviously comforts a lot of posters to blame our current position on MON but, since he is not at the club and can't be called to account, it is utterly futile. Our manager now is Houllier, he has to take responsibility for our results, and he has to start managing better to get better results.

MON walked out because he didn't fancy the challenge any more,
Nobody has any idea why MON walked out. There has been no credible explanation offered by him or anyone else at the club.

So I think it would help lower the temperature of many exchanges at present if people would stop offering as fact what can only be speculation from a particular point of view.

It obviously comforts a lot of posters to blame our current position on MON but, since he is not at the club and can't be called to account, it is utterly futile. Our manager now is Houllier, he has to take responsibility for our results, and he has to start managing better to get better results.

Again good post Briny.

Mon certainly does bare some of the responsibility for what has happened but the fact is he as been gone for almost 5 months and hasn't managed a single game this season.

It really doesn't matter if the fans want to blame him for everything though does it. What concerns me more is that the club tried to pass the buck on to him. I would respect them far more if they'd of stepped up and said O'Neill is the past those at the club will now take full responsibility for what happens now and showed some real leadership instead of hiding behind O'Neills departure. It hasn't done them any favours and it shows in what is happening now.

If the squad is so bursting with quality just trying to get out, why did he leave. He left because he did not fancy a relegation scrap, simple as that really.

You think MON left because he thought the squad that had just delivered our best points total in years would be in a relegation fight? What a joke?

No doubt MON thought without investment we'd drop but to think he believed we'd be in a relegation fight is laughable, milner is good but he's not that good.

If we are not in a relegation fight where are we, in my original post i said it would be a bitter pill for some people to swallow. Have you tried water or putting it in a biscuit or something ?

Sleepwalking into the championship and some people don't even care, now that's not a joke that's heartbreaking.

:lol: we're in a relegation fight because of the shit manager currently running the show.

Do you watch football? Since when do teams go from 6th to relegation fight just because they lose 1 player? Its ridiculous to think MON believed this is where we'd be.

Do I watch football ? Yes, every single day but keep trying, we may find something in common at some point.

If MON had stayed and the season had started as normal then considering the fantastic squad he had built what would the score at Newcastle have been with MON still in charge, how many would we have won by ?(Newly promoted team, inexperienced manager, MON 5 years in charge).

The squad that you say only want or could perform for MON, went out at Newcastle playing for a guy that they said they wanted to play for and we got hammered, so kind of blows that out the water really.

By your logic then what would the score have been with GH in charge, 8 nil loss, 12 nil loss then as they don't want to play for him ?

Nobody in football can judge a manager on a few games without a window, impossible.

Hypothetical question, if Harry leaves Spurzzz aqt the end of the season and Clive Allen gets put in charge and by some weird choice the get in GH at the same point we did with no window, are you really suggesting that Spurzz will have the same points as us this year ? Popping around away grounds like Mancity / Liverpool to be humiliated ? .Only because of GH ? I think not, unless you really have never watched football( I secretly think you have to be fair). The reason why not, because of the squad Harry built in the previous years, a squad that can score and has more re-sale value in 1 player than most of MONs buys put together in less time ffs.

the MON love in makes me feel ill, people can't see the damage he has done to us long term, fine GH might not be the solution to the problems left but who else is there that can the best out of these players, the players are only suited to someone like Alladyce because of the type of players we have and that's down to one bloke and we all know it deep down, it just takes time to realise. It took me years to work MON out so I am as guilty as the rest if us.

Going slightly off topic - I think MON has been damaged by the way he left villa - he's getting a reutation as a guy who never sti9cks anywhere. Look at the plight of the clubs he left - Leicester, Celtic and now villa.

Enjoyed the football while he was here - and he knows how to build a team and get players motivated - and would be delighted if he was reinstated tommorow. But I think his stock his damaged - even only a little - I mean he's only 2nd favourite for the Liverpool job.

I think his stock was damaged quite severely when he left, due to the manner of it.

But I think our form since his departure has maybe just emphasised how well he was doing with the players at his disposal.

There were a couple of times last year when commentators such as Gray & Redknapp were saying how we were over-achieving with the group of players and that this was down to O'neill. We all laughed, but they were arguably right.

Â