• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 39)
    • Petrov (for Hogg 45)
    • Pires (for Delph 74)

How about actually giving the strikers the ball, instead of pass back, pass wide, cross, pass back, pass wide, cross? Delfouneso was desperate for someone to pick out his runs so he could play facing goal, and the maybe two times he had the chance, he caused trouble. Also, too slow/not even going for the second ball, yet again.

Lichaj MOTM. Bale got practically nothing out of him, and the one potential mistake he made was the result of a stupid pass from Collins (I think, might've been Warnock?). Seemed to be the only one willing to really have at Spurs towards the end, too, instead of waiting around for his teammates.

Collins reverse MOTM. Lost far too many aerial battles for his height and ability, and I could've cut out Hutton's cross from here, if they'd have just given me a contract.

Delph rusty, but not as bad as some are making out. Some good passes, a little slow as one might expect, not enough support from the rest of the team.

Whenever the camera went to a shot of GH and GM in the dugout, all I could hear was the theme tune to Terry and June. I don't think that's a good sign to be honest.

I really do fear for us now.

I can't believe we haven't got anything out of that game - I thought we were the better side when it was eleven against eleven and I thought we were the better side when they went to ten.

We played some good stuff, moved it around and should have got more out of it - we need to start putting some of our chances away.

Lichaj was excellent, he had a couple of dodgy moments but his handling of Bale was as good as anyone has done all season, defensively he was absolutely top drawer - he should have scored twice as well.

Overall, I think that the midfield was promising, Delph looked a little off the pace but decent and Hogg did well until his booking, it's good to see Petrov back and I think Downing and Albrighton were very lively.

Agbonlahor should have scored a couple and he'll be disappointed, so much of what we do relies in him putting the ball into the back of the net. Delfouneso also looked bright and lively but needs an end product - we desperately need one of these two to get on a run of goals.

Tottenham did what good away teams do; soaked up pressure and then scored off a couple of clinical breaks. Of course they were a bunch of arseholes too, Van Der Vaart has gone straight to the top of my list of footballing tits and their keeper is an embarrassment of a man. Their manager too showed his class, trying to get into a row with Pires late on.

Overall, I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of in that performances, we were the better side against a team that some people think can win the title. (and they're in with a chance if they can hold on to Martin Atkinson)

If we'd got either of the two penalties we should have had in the first half it might have been a different story, but we don't need much more than a bit of sharpness in front of goal to make us a good side.

The radio was full of doom and gloom, Houllier out, rank bad performances, all of that stuff - today I think it's misplaced.

Thank you OBE. I agree entirely.

I was devestated at the end of the game but I think we will make some great strides if we can bring in a goal scorer.

Considering this season isnt over yet its pointless, its also pointless calling for MON back, I for one wouldn't take Milner or MON back - they both walked out, they werent sacked or anything they both walked out and I don't want quitters at the club, when the going gets tough he'll probably walk out again, sorry but no thanks - my memories of MON are actually really good i'd rather keep it that way then bring him back in the picture for him to walk away again.

Call for another manager, Jol etc is fine but sorry MON and Milner are history, MON will remain a good manager in my eyes but I will never forgive him for walking out 5 days before the season started.

Oh, I didn't say you called him back though, just generally saying to the people that want him back.

No one is asking for MON back as far as I know. I just want a manager who will focus on getting points from games rather than apparently carrying out some strange experiment with the side.

It was embarrassing that a Spurs side a man down kept the ball for long spells at our place. I just have no faith in Houllier. I know they're not his players but I can't see our team having much faith in him. He just sat still for the whole game and skulked off at the end.

Possession

Aston Villa 63% Tottenham 37%

Attempts on target

Aston Villa 15 Tottenham 8

Attempts off target

Aston Villa 11 Tottenham 5

Corners

Aston Villa 8 Tottenham 4

Fouls

Aston Villa 13 Tottenham 11

Stats from the BBC website. We really need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

I can't believe we haven't got anything out of that game - I thought we were the better side when it was eleven against eleven and I thought we were the better side when they went to ten.

We played some good stuff, moved it around and should have got more out of it - we need to start putting some of our chances away.

Lichaj was excellent, he had a couple of dodgy moments but his handling of Bale was as good as anyone has done all season, defensively he was absolutely top drawer - he should have scored twice as well.

Overall, I think that the midfield was promising, Delph looked a little off the pace but decent and Hogg did well until his booking, it's good to see Petrov back and I think Downing and Albrighton were very lively.

Agbonlahor should have scored a couple and he'll be disappointed, so much of what we do relies in him putting the ball into the back of the net. Delfouneso also looked bright and lively but needs an end product - we desperately need one of these two to get on a run of goals.

Tottenham did what good away teams do; soaked up pressure and then scored off a couple of clinical breaks. Of course they were a bunch of arseholes too, Van Der Vaart has gone straight to the top of my list of footballing tits and their keeper is an embarrassment of a man. Their manager too showed his class, trying to get into a row with Pires late on.

Overall, I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of in that performances, we were the better side against a team that some people think can win the title. (and they're in with a chance if they can hold on to Martin Atkinson)

If we'd got either of the two penalties we should have had in the first half it might have been a different story, but we don't need much more than a bit of sharpness in front of goal to make us a good side.

The radio was full of doom and gloom, Houllier out, rank bad performances, all of that stuff - today I think it's misplaced.

I was devestated at the end of the game but I think we will make some great strides if we can bring in a goal scorer.

I'm all for giving Houllier time for the benefit of the club but my question is does Houllier see that we need a goal scorer? Will he go out and get one in January?

Possession

Attempts on target

Attempts off target

Corners

Fouls

Goals

Aston Villa 1 Tottenham 2

Stats from the BBC website. We really need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

A bit of fixing there...

just got back

- delph hit and miss but good to see him back

- where was coker? definitely needed him snapping at VDV and Modric in the middle of the park

- some baffling decisions from mr.atkinson; heskey was a blatant penno even from K4

- delfouneso is the only forward player that moves into space and looks for the ball; did well

- the wide men were pretty poor. albrighton got nothing out of assou-ekotto

- dunno how lichaj didnt score at the end, seemed to wait for an eternity until the angle was too tight

I'm all for giving Houllier time for the benefit of the club but my question is does Houllier see that we need a goal scorer? Will he go out and get one in January?

The problem is people want him gone now before he even has a chance to sign a person who can put the ball into the back of the net regularly.

Possession

Attempts on target

Attempts off target

Corners

Fouls

Goals

Aston Villa 1 Tottenham 2

A bit of fixing there...

Didn't really need fixing as the point was made we needed a goalscorer. We lost 2-1 as we didn't enough goals from the possession and shots on target we had. This agreeing with my point and making you point rather pointless.

Unless it was another dig at the manager. If so I think there's a thread for that. :winkold:

What real good players are going to want to come to a club in January that could be in relegation zone. If its a player other teams want to sign, and we lose the next 2 games I feel the quality of player we can sign will be much lower simply because 2 more losses could realistically put in in the drop zone. We've not beaten any "good" teams this season, and we are struggling against "poorer" teams. Second from bottom in the current form league. We have played everyone bar Man City, and only beaten West Brom, Blackpool, West Ham, Everton, and the only convinsing win was against the hammers.

I don't want the manager out yet, but things need to turn around and quite fast. Positives are playings like Lichaj, Albrighton, Bannan have felt like new signings. Today yet again the goals we conceded were easily avoidable. Albrighton MOTM, would have gave it to Lichaj if he got that equaliser :D.

I actually think Houllier got his tactics spot-on until Heskey went off. From there we were just chasing shadows for the rest of the half. I still don't think he should be sacked, but then again are we realistically going to get any points from the next two games? Probably not. By that point the pressure would be all too much for Randy not to do anything.

I have to question why Hogg started instead of NRC against such a great attacking midfield Spurs had.

We didn't win anything in the air today which was annoying as all we were doing was pumping it into their box.

I have my doubts about Houllier, but I can't help but think a lot of people want him out purely because of Anfield-gate, which has nothing to do with football. It wasn't good enough today, but unless there really is a better replacement out there, I would oppose sacking him just yet.

Agreed a good round up Scott we were not that bad.

Didn't a lot of folk say we would lose anyway, then when we do kick off?

When we were going for it we looked dangerous imo.

We have lacked the ability to break teams down for years, thats not Houlliers fault; but its not an excuse.

Petrov back will make a difference, he keeps the ball well and most of the time uses it well.

If we were any other team the next two games will be tough, hopefully we can get something out of them.

Lets just hope we can get a run of games with a settled side that will make a difference too.

At least people can stop moaning about not playing 2 strikers.

lazy good for nothing overpaid rocket polishers. **** off the lot of you, i'd die for this club when all you want to do is pick up your cheque, drive your **** four wheeler home, roast a chicken, roast a girl, roast a **** roast and you are just **** SHIT so **** off out of the cloub i love **** yuou all

You looked like West Ham out there today. One of the most impotent displays against ten men I've seen in a while.

It'll be just our bloody luck that you'll put in a full shift against us at Eastlands after rolling over for Tottenham, probably take 2-3 points from us. :(

Â