• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 39)
    • Petrov (for Hogg 45)
    • Pires (for Delph 74)

Don't understand how you can say Delfouneso was 'utterly utterly anonymous'. He had far more impact that Gabby did and was on the pitch less. Yes, he didn't change the game, but to say he was the above is uneducated.

I'm not worried about our league position. We have not had a full compliment of players and this will coincide with Houllier being able to get rid of players that are deadwood and putting that money towards his style of player.

It will, and always has been a transition season for the club. We will not go down but nor will we have a great season. It has also coincided with teams like Blackpool and Bolton etc getting wins when we have not so it is making our situation look far worse than it actually is

So you abuse a fellow fan because they have a different opinion to yourself - priceless and utterly lacking in courtesy.

Here's a question, give me a single example of when the Fonz made a difference in the match. He was in the pocket of the Spurs defence for the entire time he was on the pitch. I actually rate him as a player but he needs much more match time and needs to get a whole lot tougher hence my comment that he needs to go out on loan. A season in the Championship would work wonders for him.

Big Sam? **** me. We have enough problems as it is!!

I agree with the comment about playing Hogg though. Should have been NRC from the start. We had the chances, lots of them, but still never looked like scoring. When Gabby went through, how many of you thought he'd score?

My mate and I had a debate as to when that last happened. I think it was a couple of seasons ago when we beat Arsenal at the Emirates. Much as I rate Gabby he is clueless in a one on one.

im pretty much indifferent on houllier, but the people sitting in the back of K6 tonight chanting "where's oneill gone" and "we want oneill back", you are all idiots in my opinion. he left us! if he'd been sacked it'd be different. but get behind the team ffs and stop moaning about the past.

absolutley disgusting result. FRENCHMAN OUT.

Playing Hogg and Delph together was an absolute joke. Delph's only just started training after being out for a year and he wants him to come in a boss the midfield against the likes of modric and Van der vart? Crazy when Reo Coker was on the bench.

Hogg got booked early on and then drifted out of the match.

and suddenly frenchman aborts his 4-5-1 and goes with 4-4-2?

The guy has had a lobotomy!

ten man spurs were always comfortable. there was a period of the game just before the half time whistle when spurs had possession for at least 15 minutes just knocking it short little one-two's and Villa stood off and let them.

I was disgusted.

We're going down like divine brown.

Only big Sam can save us.

SCUM FRENCHMAN OUT!

I can sum this post up in two words "Hysterical Overreaction"

Friedel - 7 - Great save from Defoe, Not at fault for goals.

Warnock - 5 - Does not get forward to create 2 vs 1 situations, does not defend 1 vs 1 well. Needs replacing

Cueller - 6 - Terrible defending in attempting to delay Bale for second goal, should have shadowed him wide on his right foot.

Collins - 6 - Great in the air, but should have done better for the first goal.

Lichaj - 8 - MOTM, Got forward, tenacious in the tackle, wise head on young shoulders. Bale had to be switched is compliment enough.

Downing - 7 - Solid enough, not given the serivce like Marc, but we are too one dimensional, and opposition teams are cottoning on

Hogg - 5 - Glad he got taken off as he would have got sent off. Looked out of his depth

Delph - 5 - Clearly rusty, and needs an equal in the middle to shine

Albrighton - 7 - Solid display, but we dont give him the ball early enough for him to deliver those quality serivices

Gabby - 6 - Willing runner, but lacked bit of sharpness in final third, easy to defend him as just have to sit deep to deny his pace.

Heskey - 6 - Not on the pitch long enough, but he is what he is, a big oak who will not give defenders a minutes rest

Subs:

Delf - 6 - Looked lively, but is short of confidence, would like to see him given a run. At least was willing to take defenders on.

Stan - 6 - A full fit Stan would have made a difference, but he was better than Hogg

Pires -4 - Shite.

If you look at the bigger picture - what has Houllier done since he came to Villa.

Fell out with Carew, now ok Carew is his own worst enemy at times and can look like he doesn't care on the pitch. But sometimes he can be impossible to defend against and scores important goals. Falling out with him to the point he doesn't even get off the bench has really done us no favours when we can't seem to score goals. I won't be sad to see him leave but only if we replace him.

Albrighton: Houllier can't take full credit for his emergence but stuck with him and has been rewarded accordingly.

+1

Ireland: Could the Frenchman have handled that situation better, maybe, maybe not. Ireland nailed his own coffin shut, but I still wish Houllier had stopped slagging him and Carew off in the press.

Dunne: Out of form - and even though Houllier got there in the end - he stuck with him too long and you could even say that he is persisting with Collins too long also, but with only Clark left he is running out of defensive options.

Cuellar: Our best defender and yet ditched in favour of the dumb dumb twins. Then again he was pretty awful today.

Delph: Blooding Delph when NRC had done well the last game? Ok so we need Delph back and playing but not sure this was a good move.

Hogg: I am not convinced at all by this player, one good game in total - although i think he is good enough i don't think he can be relied on yet.

Bannan: Most promising of the youngsters, deserved his chance and hasn't let anyone down.

Warnock: Did Houllier turn him into a bad player or did that happen at the end of last season? Hmmm

Heskey: Injury aside Houllier turned him into a striker that actually scores.

Delf: Deserved more time and sooner.

Pires: One word WHY?

Beye: Again managed to upset the utility player but erm... not sure we care.

L Young: Good to see him back even if he has been a bit inconsistent.

A Young: Houllier in my opinion has got more out of Ash than MON did last season, controversial I know...

Gabby: Crap, but mainly due to lack of match fitness, confidence and sharpness.

Clark: Deserved a chance and just about justified the starts he has had... JUST.

Lichaj: Not sure he has been played through choice, but anyway has been pretty damn good.

Tactics: Nothing has really worked that well, if it had we would have more points.

Doesn't make good reading does it.

dont post on here often but i think houllier has tried to change to much to soon if he wants to change the tactics ect then at least wait untill he has bought in his own players first.A ot of our player cann't or won't play the way we are trying to play.(it's not helped by the strange tactics or starting line up either)

Sorry but we are in deep shit!! I can't see GH getting us out of it because we need the players for that and GH does not have them!

He has to go now,, yes maybe an over reaction but I can't see how it can get any better!!

Do you know what!! I would take Big Sam till the end of the season because thar fat underhand bastard would grab them players by the balls and get them playing!! ANYONE BUT GH!!

Sorry but we are in deep shit!! I can't see GH getting us out of it because we need the players for that and GH does not have them!

He has to go now,, yes maybe an over reaction but I can't see how it can get any better!!

Do you know what!! I would take Big Sam till the end of the season because thar fat underhand bastard would grab them players by the balls and get them playing!! ANYONE BUT GH!!

yup i would to

Look MON has left and you know what apart from a freak result against Chelsea, our defence was not that bad towards the end of last season, this season they are shocking and only Houllier to blame, we cab sit here and say Spurs gave quality but they had 10 men!
How is Houllier to blame for a defence that MON signed that was in decline towards the end of last season and has been shit all season (yes, that includes the games pre-Houllier)?

Not really in decline at all. There was one bad game against Chelsea, and if you discount that blip

image001ig.gif

the defence performed as well in the second half of the season as in the first half

frenchman should do the decent thing and resign. he can save face by claiming "he was in the wrong place at the wrong time"

He's the new Dr No - Venglos.

Or the smug face of Faulkner can admit he's phucked up by pissing O'Neill off, grow a pair of stones and sack frenchman.

Either way this bullshit sexy football experiment has gone on too long.

we need the red adair of premiership football. Big Sam.

i dont think having say NRC in for hogg, or playing 451 would have made any difference. team selection was less of an issue for me.

our problem yet again was breaking down an opposition who plays compact (same as the last 3 years), and on the occasions we did get a good chance we missed. spurs were clinical, we were not.

it also doesnt help when we keep defending like clowns at moment when we are on top in games. downing should have been marking lennon for the 1st although warnock and collins yet again messed up, for the killer 2nd i saw some of the most pathetic tackles attempts ever.

we also have too many players who are not football smart. playing 10 men so yeah, lets try and run it round them, lets punt aimless passes down the line that are easy to defend. no consistent attempt to keep the ball and try and work openings that way.

best player for us was lichaj. start him from now on instead of young.

i dont think having say NRC in for hogg, or playing 451 would have made any difference. team selection was less of an issue for me.

our problem yet again was breaking down an opposition who plays compact (same as the last 3 years), and on the occasions we did get a good chance we missed. spurs were clinical, we were not.

it also doesnt help when we keep defending like clowns at moment when we are on top in games. downing should have been marking lennon for the 1st although warnock and collins yet again messed up, for the killer 2nd i saw some of the most pathetic tackles attempts ever.

we also have too many players who are not football smart. playing 10 men so yeah, lets try and run it round them, lets punt aimless passes down the line that are easy to defend. no consistent attempt to keep the ball and try and work openings that way.

best player for us was lichaj. start him from now on instead of young.

I think that pretty much sums the match up.

Â