• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 39)
    • Petrov (for Hogg 45)
    • Pires (for Delph 74)

I thought we put in the performance of a relegation threatened team creating very little in the way of clear cut chances, defended very poorly for both their goals. Added to this the fact they had 10 men for most of the game.

If we put in a performance of a relegation threatened team we would have rolled over and spurs wouldn't have been relieved at the finish or had to do any work in the second half.

But they had 10 men! Of course we will trouble them but they easily handled us.

So we played like a relegation threatened team but we troubled them?

A doubt any of the teams that are relegated this season will trouble many sides, its why they will be relegated.

A settled side with some experience players back will see us get some results together.

Nothing spectacular but we'll put some together.

Relegation threatened teams battle and fight but they lose because they are lacking quality. Doesn't mean they don't pose a threat in their matches but ultimately it is not enough. I don't consider us a relegation threatened team but I believe today's performance was like one.

I, like you, believe we will improve but I am talking about this one game and am baffled anyone would think we were anything other than woeful.

The VT overreaction train is right on time as per usual.

I didn't think we were THAT bad. It showed us that we've known about for years - we can't break teams down. Hopefully this is something that will change once Houllier can get his own players in and have a full pre-season. Still not good to lose though but let's face it - Spurs are a better team.

Lichaj MOTM. Bale once again proved he's far from world class.

The excuses are wearing pretty thin when the performances are as bad as they have been.

What excuses? We can't break teams down. When you can't break teams down you don't win very often.

Problem is, we cant defend either

Its a nasty combination at the moment we concede too many goals and score too few.

We dominated a game and lost easily. 63% possession and 26 shots on and off target to 13 and 8 corners to 4. Did we honestly ever look like winning the game? Spurs have a notoriously shaky defence and we made it so so easy for them.

I cannot be arsed to score individual players but Lichaj was my MotM. No need to sign a replacement RB as we have that player already. I thought Delph and Hogg did OK against a strong midfield but we were let down today by our strikers:

Heskey - I am assuming he went off injured because he was OK for the time he was on the pitch. Oh and it was a stone wall penalty when Gomez brought him down probably causing the injury.

The Fonz - utterly utterly anonymous. I literally forgot he was on the field. Needs to go on loan asap to get him thinking like a striker.

Gabby - hugely disappointing and yet again fluffed a one on one. He was marked out of the game.

We so need reinforcements and a touch of class in the side. Bottom three by early January as I said two months ago. Overall very worrying.

Don't understand how you can say Delfouneso was 'utterly utterly anonymous'. He had far more impact that Gabby did and was on the pitch less. Yes, he didn't change the game, but to say he was the above is uneducated.

I'm not worried about our league position. We have not had a full compliment of players and this will coincide with Houllier being able to get rid of players that are deadwood and putting that money towards his style of player.

It will, and always has been a transition season for the club. We will not go down but nor will we have a great season. It has also coincided with teams like Blackpool and Bolton etc getting wins when we have not so it is making our situation look far worse than it actually is

The VT overreaction train is right on time as per usual.

I didn't think we were THAT bad. It showed us that we've known about for years - we can't break teams down. Hopefully this is something that will change once Houllier can get his own players in and have a full pre-season. Still not good to lose though but let's face it - Spurs are a better team.

Lichaj MOTM. Bale once again proved he's far from world class.

The excuses are wearing pretty thin when the performances are as bad as they have been.

What excuses? We can't break teams down. When you can't break teams down you don't win very often.

Problem is, we cant defend either

No, we haven't been able to since MON left. In fact, we weren't too great at defending towards the second half of last season either. I think perhaps a defensive shakeup is required.

Look MON has left and you know what apart from a freak result against Chelsea, our defence was not that bad towards the end of last season, this season they are shocking and only Houllier to blame, we cab sit here and say Spurs gave quality but they had 10 men!

Look MON has left and you know what apart from a freak result against Chelsea, our defence was not that bad towards the end of last season, this season they are shocking and only Houllier to blame, we cab sit here and say Spurs gave quality but they had 10 men!
How is Houllier to blame for a defence that MON signed that was in decline towards the end of last season and has been shit all season (yes, that includes the games pre-Houllier)?

absolutley disgusting result. FRENCHMAN OUT.

Playing Hogg and Delph together was an absolute joke. Delph's only just started training after being out for a year and he wants him to come in a boss the midfield against the likes of modric and Van der vart? Crazy when Reo Coker was on the bench.

Hogg got booked early on and then drifted out of the match.

and suddenly frenchman aborts his 4-5-1 and goes with 4-4-2?

The guy has had a lobotomy!

ten man spurs were always comfortable. there was a period of the game just before the half time whistle when spurs had possession for at least 15 minutes just knocking it short little one-two's and Villa stood off and let them.

I was disgusted.

We're going down like divine brown.

Only big Sam can save us.

SCUM FRENCHMAN OUT!

:lol: I love these posts.

I used to love them when we we're fighting for champions league places yet posters still came out with ridiculous nonsense. Gave me a real laugh. This season they just make me even more depressed.

How is Houllier to blame for a defence that MON signed that was in decline towards the end of last season and has been shit all season (yes, that includes the games pre-Houllier)?

Not to mention that dreadful newcastle result

Big Sam? **** me. We have enough problems as it is!!

I agree with the comment about playing Hogg though. Should have been NRC from the start. We had the chances, lots of them, but still never looked like scoring. When Gabby went through, how many of you thought he'd score?

It will be just like us to go and beat Chelsea and Man City now.

it would be completley of character for us to even get a point

I'll be very surprised if we don't come away from both venues with at least six goals against us and no points.

Â