• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 39)
    • Petrov (for Hogg 45)
    • Pires (for Delph 74)

i wouldnt say we rolled over but after the pen got turned down we did stop playing, the 1st goal was as shit as any you'll see by any prem team this season IMO the 2nd goal was crying out for someone to take a yellow for the team (im sure collins saw it that way too but missed) didnt start playing again till vdv went off (or around then anyway) we had a good hour of doing pretty much **** all, its all well and good saying how much of the ball we had but spurs seemed pretty happy for us to have it

the 5 mins before half time when the ole came out after they completed 30 - 40 passes with next to no pressure was as always **** wank to watch

There are many ,many things wrong with our play, but when we fail to deal with stark problems like forwards who can't score.....you land yourself where we are now.

The team looks lost and bewildered.

absolutley disgusting result. FRENCHMAN OUT.

Playing Hogg and Delph together was an absolute joke. Delph's only just started training after being out for a year and he wants him to come in a boss the midfield against the likes of modric and Van der vart? Crazy when Reo Coker was on the bench.

Hogg got booked early on and then drifted out of the match.

and suddenly frenchman aborts his 4-5-1 and goes with 4-4-2?

The guy has had a lobotomy!

ten man spurs were always comfortable. there was a period of the game just before the half time whistle when spurs had possession for at least 15 minutes just knocking it short little one-two's and Villa stood off and let them.

I was disgusted.

We're going down like divine brown.

Only big Sam can save us.

SCUM FRENCHMAN OUT!

:lol: I love these posts.

You had a man advantage. That was the reason the lack of effort did not look more apparent.

Of course you will pound away at a goal when the other team is a man down. This would have been 0-4 with 11 men.

It's like once Tottenham went down a man, the Villa players thought they were entitled to half-ass it. How many 50-50 balls did Villa lose despite having one more man? Shocking.

You really don't get this football stuff, do you?

Do you honestly think Spurs would have played vastly different with the extra man? It was in Spurs' best interest to become more compact right after the first goal as it meant we would have to come out and attack, leaving space behind. Going a man down actually helped Spurs in that respect, as it does in a lot of cases when a team lose a player, because it gives them sufficient reason to sit back and look to break on the counter. Having all the players on the pitch may actually have encouraged them to become slightly more expansive, leaving more room behind for us to exploit.

*Again* this is all pretty simple stuff. You may want to look at something like this Tactics Book

All I'll say is one thing, they were ruthless, we could have been out there for another 70mins and still wouldn't have scored, credit to the fans for turning up, 39k is a good attendance, but we really need to start picking up some points! A big blow for us was losing Heskey as per the first game.

I can't believe we haven't got anything out of that game - I thought we were the better side when it was eleven against eleven and I thought we were the better side when they went to ten.

We played some good stuff, moved it around and should have got more out of it - we need to start putting some of our chances away.

Lichaj was excellent, he had a couple of dodgy moments but his handling of Bale was as good as anyone has done all season, defensively he was absolutely top drawer - he should have scored twice as well.

Overall, I think that the midfield was promising, Delph looked a little off the pace but decent and Hogg did well until his booking, it's good to see Petrov back and I think Downing and Albrighton were very lively.

Agbonlahor should have scored a couple and he'll be disappointed, so much of what we do relies in him putting the ball into the back of the net. Delfouneso also looked bright and lively but needs an end product - we desperately need one of these two to get on a run of goals.

Tottenham did what good away teams do; soaked up pressure and then scored off a couple of clinical breaks. Of course they were a bunch of arseholes too, Van Der Vaart has gone straight to the top of my list of footballing tits and their keeper is an embarrassment of a man. Their manager too showed his class, trying to get into a row with Pires late on.

Overall, I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of in that performances, we were the better side against a team that some people think can win the title. (and they're in with a chance if they can hold on to Martin Atkinson)

If we'd got either of the two penalties we should have had in the first half it might have been a different story, but we don't need much more than a bit of sharpness in front of goal to make us a good side.

The radio was full of doom and gloom, Houllier out, rank bad performances, all of that stuff - today I think it's misplaced.

hhhhmmmm, I'm normally one who can find the positives in a poor result but your glass is overflowing nevermind half full.

I thought we put in the performance of a relegation threatened team creating very little in the way of clear cut chances, defended very poorly for both their goals. Added to this the fact they had 10 men for most of the game.

This season we have the 6th worst attack and the 5th worst defence in the premier league!

Last season we had the 8th best attack and the 4th best defence in the premier league!

Draw your own conclusions as to what has changed from last season!!!!!

No Milner.

At times a whole team out with injuries a lot of them being first teamer's.

A new manager.

Houllier has been shite at times but dont ignore some of the issues are out of his control.

I thought we put in the performance of a relegation threatened team creating very little in the way of clear cut chances, defended very poorly for both their goals. Added to this the fact they had 10 men for most of the game.

If we put in a performance of a relegation threatened team we would have rolled over and spurs wouldn't have been relieved at the finish or hadn't had to do any work in the second half; they had to defend with their backs to the walls.

If we put in a performance of a relegation threatened team we would have rolled over and spurs wouldn't have been relieved at the finish or had to do any work in the second half.

But they had 10 men! Of course we will trouble them but they easily handled us.

If we put in a performance of a relegation threatened team we would have rolled over and spurs wouldn't have been relieved at the finish or had to do any work in the second half.

But they had 10 men! Of course we will trouble them but they easily handled us.

So we played like a relegation threatened team but we troubled them?

A doubt any of the teams that are relegated this season will trouble many sides, its why they will be relegated.

A settled side with some experience players back will see us get some results together.

Nothing spectacular but we'll put some together.

You looked like West Ham out there today. One of the most impotent displays against ten men I've seen in a while.

It'll be just our bloody luck that you'll put in a full shift against us at Eastlands after rolling over for Tottenham, probably take 2-3 points from us. :(

Did you even watch the game? We did the opposite of roll over. We tried and tried but we just can't score.

Well Citizen Blue is pretty spot on there. Was abject second half.

Abject at trying to score but we didn't roll over. Unless rolling over means not being good at scoring.

You had a man advantage. That was the reason the lack of effort did not look more apparent.

Of course you will pound away at a goal when the other team is a man down. This would have been 0-4 with 11 men.

It's like once Tottenham went down a man, the Villa players thought they were entitled to half-ass it. How many 50-50 balls did Villa lose despite having one more man? Shocking.

You have a short memory http://tiny.cc/kz7bx

And you are the form team playing against a struggling team and not the other way around. :lol:

Â