Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Has anybody got the nightingale armour and bow yet?? Awesome. The enchantments on them seem tailor made for the way im playing it stealthily.

I also managed to level up my smithing loads last night using Daniels advice. Worked a treat. 3 more levels till i can upgrade enchanted items 8)

I am level 12 and as I am so awesome I already have my own custom enchanted dwarven armour. I can barely carry it but I'm so hard to kill on level 12 everyone I meet gets owned. Even dragons struggle. The enemies are based on your level and not what you are wearing and carrying obviously.

Found a spell that turns iron to silver and silver to gold.... Mega

Was just about to post this. Buy iron ore for 4g, spam transmute, profit!

Don't do it, you'll ruin the economy!

will I considering I traded with the mage and then spent all the money and more on a grand soul gem?

I went

50 iron ore to 50 silver to 50 gold to 25 gold ignots to 25 to gold neclaces

sold them all and spent double on a soul gem.

Found and mine with about 50-60 ebony ores in there. Enough for the whole Daedric Armor set. Daedric hearts are abit of a bitch to find.

I have a tip for you. There is a heart that respawns every few days in the Companions living area. It's on a plate in the little communal area downstairs at the end of the corridor where the bedrooms lead off to the left and right. There is usually someone about so you need decent sneak, or do as I did, hold A (or whatever the action button is on your system) to manipulate the heart and carry it into one of the bedrooms where you can snaffle it without being caught! I've had away with three so far!

A few screenshots, there's so many moments of beauty in this game, you really just have to admire the work and effort put into it.

Screen3.jpg

Screen2.jpg

screen1.jpg

I think Markarth is my favourite town in the game, love the Dwarven architecture.

Todays the first day it's irked me... but I'm not sure if it's me or the game. I decided to venture east to the lands I'd not bothered with beyond Whiterun, intending to stumble through the three towns in the east/north east region of the map and see what else I could find, hopefully stumbling on some mines and the like along the way.

I managed to do that, but the game appeared to have decided that those couple of hours were going to be Bear Happy Hour. At every turn I was stumbling on bears. Cave bears I can take on pretty easily, their white cousins are more of a challenge. So of course I end up taking on snow bears constantly. Died a few times, each bear sapping a little more of my enthusiasm for exploring what turned out to be one of the less enjoyable regions of the game world it seems. Reached a head when, just outside Winterhold 2 snow bears spawned in front of me - literally just popped into the game world in front of me. Cue back peddling up the mountain to a point they couldn't reach and 15 mins pinging arrows from a distance trying to get the range right til they finally **** off.

I'm not actually sure why the likes of snow bears and ice trolls **** me over quite as much as they do - I can 'game' the trolls (run back, let em swing, run back in for a few thwacks, repeat), but they still seem a bit too capable of killing a level 20 character who has placed a lot of experience into health and is running round in pretty good (plate steel and upgraded) armour.

Hopefully it's just a case of levelling more.

Anywho, I've decided that the direction for the next few levels of my warrior is pretty much pure smithing - I want that top level armour, I want it so much I can damn near taste it. My worry is, if I pump up some levels trying to hit smithing mastery, I may **** over any other ambitions I have by being under powered for the level I attain in that endeavour.

Decisions, decisions.

The Mage quests are pretty **** epic I have to say. Good enough to be a game in their own right.

Sv499l.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

I have to say I have found Trolls another easy foe. I have only fought three or four of them, but they are very weak to fire and I havent been hit by one yet. I summon a Flame Antronach and burn them down while the Troll is concentrating on it. Ice Trolls and normal Trolls seem the same.

Where I do struggle is with mechanical enemy types. Seems they are designed to tear through caster/archer classes. There is a Dwarf Sphere robot that looks like it should be from a steampunk version of Star Wars and literally the only way I could beat it was to run until it destroyed itself on the environment. Lord knows what I am going to do next time I encounter one and I dont have a load of broken rocks on the ground to make it crash into. :?

Finished the Companions questline today, spoilers for those who havent done it

It was a rather wonderful moment when after the old guys funeral Aela, Vilkas, and Farkas yell FOR KODLAAAKK, draw their weapons, and start running to the tomb. I quickly popped the mpa up, and found that the tomb in question is about halfway across the map to an area I had never been before! So there were the 4 of us, running together killing anythig and everything that stood in our way. It was wonderful. until we got to Dawnstar. Aela seemed to be leading the way, and the rest of us were just happily following. But at Dawnstar she started off in the right direction, then went up a mountain in the wrong direction, turned around, went back to Dawnstar, and then did the exact same thing over and over again. So I had to complete the last leg of the journey on my own. Which was fine, but would have been nicer with my shield-brothers. The tomb was an alright dungeon, nothing really special though. I did decide to get rid of my werewolf ability at the end, as I didn't really use it, and, well, since I got married my wife hasnt slept with me :| I think that's entirely down to my beast blood, as it does disrupt sleep, and to be honest I can't really blame her.

Also near the dungeon for that found a shipwreck underwater which I must investigate further soon. As long as I don't drown when I go and have a closer look at it, anyway...

Â