Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Really enjoying it so far (got it on the PS3),

I had my first lock up though.... out in the wilderness after finding another wall with dragon writing, meandering to another site lower down the mountain, find another bandit hideout and then bang my ps3 freezes. Slightly annoying really hope they sort it out with a patch. Oh and because of this you need to save quite often in the wilderness otherwise you get put back to your last auto save.

Had my first lock up last night. Got straight up murdered by a troll and on reloading the system completely froze.

But it's still so good, so so good. A couple of quests you encounter in Markarth are just superb, and one thoroughly rewards for the short time you put in ;).

Bollocks to it. It just won't play on a Mac. PS3 copy it is tomorrow then.

Plays on my Mac fine!

Ah mate you need to tell me how you've managed it! I've installed Window, installed the game, but keep getting an error message about the not initialising the renderer or something. I have a pretty new Macbook pro with loads of memory etc, so is there anything else I need to do?

I came home from work and subsequently went to work on this prospecting for ore and intending to go smithing.

2 hours later with some crap iron ore I'd mostly just wandered round the north of the map being bandit massacre-r general.

Superb :D

I came home from work and subsequently went to work on this prospecting for ore and intending to go smithing.

2 hours later with some crap iron ore I'd mostly just wandered round the north of the map being bandit massacre-r general.

Superb :D

And isn't that just the beauty of the game? I fully intended to fill my one hour gaming slot tonight with levelling up my alchemy and enchanting in (a) town.

Two hours later, I hadn't done either of the previous mentioned after getting sidetracked with a 'simple' quest involving a spot of burglary.

Fanfuckingtastic.

go to Markrath (far left city hidden in the mountains)

you get a quest to clear a mine of Foreswarn, it's a gold mine, it's chocka block with gold.

got over 45 gold out of that bad boy.

I also need some really solid jobs now to get money.

found out where I can get an axe so will get that tonight to chop some wood. that will get me a few hundred.

will improve the economy of redwood too apparently so whilst things will cost more in there I can sell for more too.

I have over 15 misc quests and 7 active quests exclusing the main storyline. I haven't even begun the main quest yet really apart from whiterun.

you get a quest to clear a mine of Foreswarn, it's a gold mine, it's chocka block with gold.

I also need some really solid jobs now to get money.

found out where I can get an axe so will get that tonight to chop some wood. that will get me a few hundred.

will improve the economy of redwood too apparently so whilst things will cost more in there I can sell for more too.

I have over 15 misc quests and 7 active quests exclusing the main storyline. I haven't even begun the main quest yet really apart from whiterun.

LOL, I have been sidetracked so much I no longer know which is the main storyline anymore. Just become a member of the Companions. Was up late last night just to finish the test for that. Very, Very enjoyable. Why I don't know but it is.

I got given that quest but havent done it yet. Might give it a blast tonight. I was in Markarth last night actually, done the mission fror the thieves guild where you have to get into the wizards museum. Also, im really starting to struggle a bit with the combat. Went into a dungeon full of Bandit marauders and they were literally kicking my arse, killing me with a SINGLE arrow! I dont understand really because i have pretty decent light armour. It may be because it was a thieves guild quest so you have to go in there sneakily and take them out (which i eventually did).

Whats everybodys armour rating like? Im at level 26 now and have a couple of good sets of light armour as well as a host of light armour perks. I can get my armour up to about 200ish if i play around with it. Still only takes me a couple of hits to die on occasion though :confused:

I am level 10 and my armour is 105. heavy armour for me as I am redguard and built like a brick shit house.

lots of magica boosts on ring neclace and helmet, so I am pretty stacked for magic as well.

Mace or axe in the right hand, shock in the left baby.

BOOM!

I chose wood elf because i wanted to get good at archery and sneaking. Im basically concentrating all my perk points into light armour, sneak, one handed and archery with a bit of destruction and restoration as well. Its working good so far as long as i can stay undetected for as long as possible and i can take out most enemies with a single arrow. Ive also got the assassin perk which makes daggers do 15 times normal damage when undetected, so i do well when i can stay hidden. Its just when i come up against a group of enemies that i get raped, especially if theyve got a couple of mages with them. Usually takes a few attempts to come through those battles

I am a Redguard as they are the best fighters.

Destruction

Restoration

One Handed

Heavy Armour

Level 10

Magica 110

Health 120

Stamina 150

think the above is right from memory.

I cast shock until they get close and then bludgeon them to death often in 2 hits of my superior quality axe/mace.

I have a helper too, now a woman called Lydia who I have given an axe too as well.

my focus is on the above as well as lockpicking, smithing and speech.

Speech is one of the most important things IMO, for money and helping own people.

I chose wood elf because i wanted to get good at archery and sneaking. Im basically concentrating all my perk points into light armour, sneak, one handed and archery with a bit of destruction and restoration as well. Its working good so far as long as i can stay undetected for as long as possible and i can take out most enemies with a single arrow. Ive also got the assassin perk which makes daggers do 15 times normal damage when undetected, so i do well when i can stay hidden. Its just when i come up against a group of enemies that i get raped, especially if theyve got a couple of mages with them. Usually takes a few attempts to come through those battles

I recommending going to redwood and getting Fendal to follow you or another character to help you out.

I am not sure if you can get an animal to help you.

perhaps look for conjuration or alteration to allow you to get zombies etc to distract or cast so they fight amongst themselves and you pick them off.

that would work no problem,

Â