Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

LancsVillan

Relax with the grammar nazi-ing buddy. AVFC pride makes a lot of valid points, including that one. No need to score points by correcting grammar, it's not constructive.
Maybe he just wants to read the English language correctly? He may not be native to the country and therefore reading incorrect wording wont come as naturally to him.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax with the grammar nazi-ing buddy. AVFC pride makes a lot of valid points, including that one. No need to score points by correcting grammar, it's not constructive.

I don't want to score points and I'm not a grammar-nazi. I physically squirm when I read anyone's post where they don't know the difference between 'of' and 'have', and I don't think I'm the only one. It's completely up to AVFC-POB if they choose to ignore my advice or not, but to me it's the equivalent of writing all in capitals or putting 'LOL!!1!one!' at the end of every sentence.

I'm only trying to be helpful and I'd just like to be able to read TOP's posts. This is a debate for another thread so I'll not say any more about it and apologise if any offence was caused, as it was meant in the best possible way.

Interesting team selection today:

If Heskey plays

Team we'll see

------------- Friedel ---------------

Beye Dunne Collins Warnock

Albrighton Reo Coker Clark Downing

-------- Young -----------

------------ Heskey ----------

Team I'd like to see

Young Reo Coker Clark Downing

-------- Ireland -----------

------------ Heskey ----------

If Heskey doesn't play:

Team we'll see

-------- Young -----------

------------ Carew ----------

Team I'd like to see:

Cuellar Dunne Collins Warnock

-------- Ireland -----------

------------ Young ----------

I don't want to score points and I'm not a grammar-nazi. I physically squirm when I read anyone's post where they don't know the difference between 'of' and 'have', and I don't think I'm the only one. It's completely up to AVFC-POB if they choose to ignore my advice or not, but to me it's the equivalent of writing all in capitals or putting 'LOL!!1!one!' at the end of every sentence.

I'm only trying to be helpful and I'd just like to be able to read TOP's posts. This is a debate for another thread so I'll not say any more about it and apologise if any offence was caused, as it was meant in the best possible way.

OKOKOK sorry buddy, no hard feelings.

Not the right thread I agree but I must say I'm with dirk. "Of" instead of "have", "your" instead of "you're", "been" instead of "being". These are common errors on this site - there are many others - and they do sometimes make understanding the post harder.